This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State U. ( 2009-2010 )

The win was nice, i wish they could have played better though. Lets get the sweep tomorrow.

Comment

Props to Cal Heeter and an opportunistic offense in delivering the victory tonight. Big win, another would be great though

Comment

Originally posted by BuckeyeHockey View Post
        Props to Cal Heeter and an opportunistic offense in delivering the victory tonight. Big win, another would be great though
        Boy was Heeter really good tonight 42 saves and some big ones when the game was tied in the 2nd and 3rd. Way to many mistakes by the defenseman tonight turnovers icing the puck when not necessary. The icings are killing them at the wrong times it almost cost them 2 goals. It kills me when you have only one step to get the red line and dump the puck in the zone for a icing. On Michigan's first goal what the heck was Corey Toy doing? He turns the puck over then lets the guy go right around him at the redline granted he made a great shot but corey can not keep turning the puck over. does anyone know how long Sims will be out the that broken bone?
        Last edited by klbaum1077; 12-04-2009, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Yeah the first Michigan goal was definitely on Toy. I am really excited with the play of Devon Krogh though- he played really well tonight.

Comment

look at you columbus. two quality wins in a row and a good crowd. looking forward to next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
              A Hockey play-by-play guy shouldn't have a thick southern drawl. I'm sorry...
              Why not? OSU is the 3rd most southern team in college hockey. On I get it, you need to focus your attention on something other than ANOTHER Michigan loss.

_______
              Go Blow!

Comment

Just checking the standings. OSU 1 point behind ND. UM one pint behind BG.
                I will say UM did have a nice couple of wins last week against Wisky and Min.

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
                  Like I said before , you can kiss John Albert " GOOD-BYE " to the NHL unless he decides to stay another year in college.
                  Could someone explain this a little better to me, I just don't get it. The guy is only a junior, he has another year. I could see it if he was among the top scorers in college hockey, but he's not. Or maybe if he was leading the CCHA in scoring, but he's not there either. He's only 4th on the Buckeyes in goals scored. I made a point to focus on him last night, extremely talented skater, but not NHL level yet. He missed a point blank break away shot, I realize that it not that easy of a shot when you have a goalie in front of and a defender breathing down your neck going full speed, but still he needs to make that shot.

The last two Buckeyes to leave early were Joe Palmer, might have been the right move, but I bet he was thinking AHL or ECHL, certainly not the lowly CHL. Four years ago Kevin Montgomery got a 6 digit contract to go pro, but since then he has barely made it out of the OHL. If Albert gets the right money maybe, but sometimes another year in college would be better served.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                    look at you columbus. two quality wins in a row and a good crowd. looking forward to next weekend.
                    so am I. Tickets for both games.

Comment

Originally posted by tic tac toe View Post
                      Could someone explain this a little better to me, I just don't get it. The guy is only a junior, he has another year. I could see it if he was among the top scorers in college hockey, but he's not. Or maybe if he was leading the CCHA in scoring, but he's not there either. He's only 4th on the Buckeyes in goals scored. I made a point to focus on him last night, extremely talented skater, but not NHL level yet. He missed a point blank break away shot, I realize that it not that easy of a shot when you have a goalie in front of and a defender breathing down your neck going full speed, but still he needs to make that shot.
                      Albert is the most complete player on the team. Agree that he isn't ready, but his effort at both ends, with and without the puck, are the most consistent. Solid player.

Comment

The last two Buckeyes to leave early were Joe Palmer, might have been the right move, but I bet he was thinking AHL or ECHL, certainly not the lowly CHL. Four years ago Kevin Montgomery got a 6 digit contract to go pro, but since then he has barely made it out of the OHL. If Albert gets the right money maybe, but sometimes another year in college would be better served.
                        On Albert he needs some scoring help around him and Reed should help as he rounds back into form. On Palmer say what you want about the CHL but sit another year in Columbus or play and potentially get your career back on course. He was a draft choice, maybe over-rated (I am no fan of the USNDPT), he had to leave if he was going to play anywhere other than a beer league. Lets see where he ends up. Effinger is another CCHA goalie who played his way up to the AHL this year and maybe Palmer can too.
                        “You know what we were doing? We were on the phone calling Jon Corzine — literally. I literally picked up the phone and called Jon Corzine, and said, ‘Jon, what do you think we should do?'" ~Joe Biden~

Comment

I agree, Albert is a top notch skater. But look back at Ryan Jones, many thought he was leaving Miami after his jr. year, he stayed and was an absolute force the next season. He then jumped from Miami to the NHL and had some big time struggles at the start. College to NHL big adjustment, Jones caught on quickly and will have a fine NHL career. Albert not doubt play in the NHL some day, but Albert as a junior is no Jones as a junior. I suppose you''ll throw back that much of the time Jones had Nathan Davis skating by his side and to that I have no response.

The only reason Palmer did not play much last is that he let Carlson and Heeter pass him up. Markell will put the best players on the ice, if Palmer would have came back and established himself as the clear cut number one, he would be playing.

I don't think Effinger has made it to the AHL, I could be wrong. Zatkoff made it to the AHL well as Dave Caruso. Most of Caruso's time in the AHL he would like to forget, he is now back in the ECHL.

Palmer has put up good numbers in his short CHL career.
                          Last edited by tic tac toe; 12-05-2009, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Another stupor. OSU marketing left the hockey program hanging by a thread at the start and barely could get three lines in The Dispatch. Marketing buys an ad in that paper and you get a nice article and a color photo. How does that happen?

Comment

Originally posted by BuckeyeHockey View Post
                              Yeah the first Michigan goal was definitely on Toy...
                              I respectfully disagree (to a point). Yes he got beat at the blue line, but it was due in part to being picked off the play by the line judge. He can be faulted for his decision with the puck at the blue line, which led to the turnover, but it was made worse by the 'pick'.

In general, Michigan constantly picks defensive players down low on their cycle (I'm sort of surprised it's not called more - or ever it seems), and most of the OSU forwards do not appear to know how to help defend when that happens. They tend to cheat too far up the ice to be able to help, and when they are in position to assist they rarely take the body and they typically do not switch when appropriate (ie when the D get picked, the puck carrier is floating into the slot un-hassled for a shot or weak-side pass). Check it out tonight. Also, the weak-side help is mostly nonexistent. I would say 80% of the goals against us this year, PP or even strength, are weak-side goals, often because of lackluster defensive help by forwards. D get called out often, but defense is a team responsibility. Actually, Bartkowski (I think it was him) saved a goal last night be clearing the puck off the weak-side crease with a MI forward right on the puck and Heeter hung out. Huge clear.

(That first goal against OSU last night was pretty much as perfectly placed a shot as it could be - 3" by 3" top corner far side...)
                              Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

" MAYBE " , I should of said Zach Dalpe instead of John Albert as the season goes on.

Or maybe we won't be kissing either one good-bye next year.

" GO BUCKS GO. "
                                " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Working...
                                X