This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State U. ( 2009-2010 )

Sioux radio guys made fun of some of OSU stats. 77% PK; 11% PP, couldn't believe either.

Comment

I watched the game on tv and thougth they competed for the most part but some very simple things cost them on each of und's goals. Not clearing the puck on the Pk and the next thing you know its 1-0. on the second goal Chris reed lost his man who then puts in a goal from the side of the net. this one takes the cake ohio state has 2 guys in the corner north dakota has 1 guy, guess who gets the puck and makes a great pass to set up a one-timer for the goal.

Daple was again the best player on the ice for the bucks as he should be on most nights. I thought he could have had 2 or 3 goals on top of the 1 he had. Dusty was very good tonight just like almost everytime he has suited up this season, he gets no support on the other end. He didnt have a chance on any of the 4 goals and it could have been much worse if not for him. The PP now 9-80 on the season awful as usual no chances cant get the puck in the zone for extended time to even set things up.

Tomorrow is another day but if they dont change with doing the little things that need to be done to win a hockey game they will come back with 2 losses and michigan coming to town next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
        Daple was again the best player on the ice for the bucks as he should be
        Sioux radio team was impressed with the Dalpe-Somma-Boyd line, went as far as to say they as good as any in the country. He just felt after those 3, Buckeyes just didn't have much help. Still, Bishop-Albert-Reed can be pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
          I watched the game on tv and thougth they competed for the most part but some very simple things cost them on each of und's goals. Not clearing the puck on the Pk and the next thing you know its 1-0. on the second goal Chris reed lost his man who then puts in a goal from the side of the net. this one takes the cake ohio state has 2 guys in the corner north dakota has 1 guy, guess who gets the puck and makes a great pass to set up a one-timer for the goal.

Dusty was very good tonight just like almost everytime he has suited up this season, he gets no support on the other end. He didnt have a chance on any of the 4 goals and it could have been much worse if not for him.

Tomorrow is another day but if they dont change with doing the little things that need to be done to win a hockey game they will come back with 2 losses and michigan coming to town next weekend.

" WELL SAID. "

I was sitting in the upper deck of the arena and that was what I seen also.

The 1st and 2nd period we were in the game and we didn't take to many stupid penaltys at all.

Goalie Dusty Carlson was the reason we were in the game the first two periods as he made some AWESOME SAVES.

The 3rd period was all UND. " GAME OVER. "

Out of the 4 goals scored on us , only one was a freak goal and we knocked it in trying to find the rebound. The other goals were do to not taking the UND player on the open side. We let UND players get behind us around the net for easy goals.

We will have our hands full with the " BEMIDJI BEAVERS " today also. The
          Beavers are a team that has NO super stars and has players that work hard and are a in your FACE team , just ask Miami Ohio. I watched that game also.

" GO BUCKEYES. "
          " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
            I was sitting in the upper deck of the arena and that was what I seen also.
            The 1st and 2nd period we were in the game and we didn't take to many stupid penalty s at all.
            "
            What was it like sitting at a college game with 11000+. Maybe a crowd that large intimidated the Buckeyes. Only 4 penalties, I can live with that. Sioux radio crew seemed surprisingly impressed with the Bucks for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
              The Beavers are a team that has NO super stars and has players that work hard and are a in your FACE team , just ask Miami Ohio.
              What about #1 point scorer in the nation, Matt Read?
              Great moments...are born from great opportunity.
              THIS IS BEAVER HOCKEY.

Comment

Originally posted by BeaverFan View Post
                What about #1 point scorer in the nation, Matt Read?
                I think that wasn't meant as a slight, only to point out that the Beavers are successful because of team work (Read's scoring notwithstanding). I must admit, his name not a 'household' word, but you can't argue with a 1-loss season this deep into it (plus a win over a very good Miami team last night).

Oh, on a different note, OSU wins in OT 2 - 1 on a goal by one of the other Reeds (Kyle).
                Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Ok Buckeyes, pretty decent showing in the holiday tournament. Sounded like we played with UND for most of the game and they just took over in the 3rd and we played fairly even against Bemidji. Now let's come home and beat the crap out of the weasels!

Comment

Originally posted by tic tac toe View Post
                    What was it like sitting at a college game with 11000+. Maybe a crowd that large intimidated the Buckeyes. Only 4 penalties, I can live with that. Sioux radio crew seemed surprisingly impressed with the Bucks for the most part.

The OT game was sweet WIN.

Kyle Reed # 10 found the puck between the post and the toe of the goalie and he just poked the puck in.

The " BUCKS " played three solid periods and keep the penalties under control.

" GO BUCKS GO. "
                    " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Good game by the Bucks tonight. Beavers didn't come out with their normal swagger, Ohio took advantage of it.

Good luck with the rest of the season!
                      Great moments...are born from great opportunity.
                      THIS IS BEAVER HOCKEY.

Comment

Originally posted by BeaverFan View Post
                        Good game by the Bucks tonight. Beavers didn't come out with their normal swagger, Ohio took advantage of it.

Good luck with the rest of the season!

GOOD LUCK to you also.

Have fun in the WCHA next year , you guys will put up a good fight.
                        " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by BuckeyeHockey View Post
                          Ok Buckeyes, pretty decent showing in the holiday tournament. Sounded like we played with UND for most of the game and they just took over in the 3rd and we played fairly even against Bemidji. Now let's come home and beat the crap out of the weasels!
                          Time to get serious and play some good hockey the rest of the season. Now in 8th place after this weekend they have some ground to make up in the ccha to get that bye.

Comment

Once again they showed they can skate with anyone, get some better consistency they will be fine.
                            Last year at BG Reed got a OT game winner and the Buckeyes went on a nice run, same is about to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by tic tac toe View Post
                              Once again they showed they can skate with anyone, get some better consistency they will be fine.
                              Last year at BG Reed got a OT game winner and the Buckeyes went on a nice run, same is about to happen.

" AMEN. "

PS. Hi Ashley.
                              " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Big series this weekend against Michigan, who DESTROYED the Gophers and beat a very strong WI team last weekend. Buckeyes played pretty well against North Dakota and, obviously, a big win against BSU. Which Buckeye team will show up this weekend? The disciplined, hungry team or the dump-it-and-maybe-get-there-first-but-probably-not-give-up-goals-early-and-pack-it-in team? Huge implications for CCHA standings, and with Miami next weekend, the critical point in the season (IMHO). Let's hope tOSU brings some focus and intensity Friday night to start the weekend off right...
                                Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X