X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State U. ( 2009-2010 )

Originally posted by buckeye1025 View Post
    You're kidding yourself if you think hockey is even #2 at OSU... It's #3 behind basketball and sometimes even #4 behind women's basketball... It all comes down to which sport makes the most money at OSU. With the amazing run the women's team had last year (and despite a good season for hockey), the priorities of Athletics may have changed a bit.
    Hell you could even through baseball in their with the better success they have had over hockey.
    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
      I exepct this team to better good and build off last season. If they are going to be a contender that PP has to be much better than last seaon. I know off the top of my head at MSU they were 1-9 and ND the week before they were something like 2-11 and that was a factor in not getting home ice and that bye. They never got and consistency that they needed. PK was ok and a strenght at times. On offense i think they need to get tougher around the net and bury they chances that come there way. This team will be fast, but i noticed against BU and Michigan they were dominated in the speed department and imo i dont think they were ready for it and didnt adjust to it. I dont know if you put that all on the coaching staff or the players or both but someone has to see it and then make the necessary adjustments in the game plan. I think this team will finish in the top 4 get a bye and advacne to the Joe and get back to the tourney. hopefully they can get a win for the first time since 98.

Im with you, and even said to some people at the Miami thread that OSU will be a sleeper team this year. Someone correct me if Im wrong but they return like 16 guys I believe from a team that made the tourny. I don't care if they backed in or what they made it and will be better. Having a weaker cluster should help but they will be their own worst enemy if they dont have success this season.
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

I think the deciding factor for whether or not this team does well is the leadership. It's not going to come from the coaching, but from who steps up to lead the team from inside. The junior and sophomore classes are very strong talent wise and while I can't claim to know how the freshmen will look, I can't imagine there won't be talent in the bunch.

What do you think about the captian situation? Last year, as sophomores, Boyd was a Co-Captian and Somma was given the A toward the end of the season. Do you see Boyd and Somma as co-captians, or Boyd as the lone capt. with Somma as an A? Anyone else you think may be added to the mix?

Comment

WLast year, as sophomores, Boyd was a Co-Captian and Somma was given the A toward the end of the season. Do you see Boyd and Somma as co-captians, or Boyd as the lone capt. with Somma as an A? Anyone else you think may be added to the mix?
          I'd give Boyd the "C". Somma and Bartkowski "A".

Comment

I think the deciding factor for whether or not this team does well is the leadership. It's not going to come from the coaching, but from who steps up to lead the team from inside. The junior and sophomore classes are very strong talent wise and while I can't claim to know how the freshmen will look, I can't imagine there won't be talent in the bunch.

What do you think about the captian situation? Last year, as sophomores, Boyd was a Co-Captian and Somma was given the A toward the end of the season. Do you see Boyd and Somma as co-captians, or Boyd as the lone capt. with Somma as an A? Anyone else you think may be added to the mix?
            I think you will seee Both Boyd and Somma as captians. I could also see Albert or maybe Dalpe as one fo the captians as well. I also agree the leadership on this team will be important. Hopefully this years team learned from last year on how to be leaders on and off the ice.

Comment

I think the " C " and " A " are a joke. I think every player on the team needs to step up and be a leader. It's TEAMWORK that wins games.

I know that someone has to get it and they are the ones that talk to the refs. Or relay info from the bench. I could never understand why a goalie would get the " C " or " A " , because they would have a hard time talking to the refs.
              " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Just curious: has anyone rec'd a season ticket app yet???

Comment

Don't mean to butt in, but I was at the Western blog and saw this. Forgive me if it is old news or covered previously.

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
                    I think the " C " and " A " are a joke. I think every player on the team needs to step up and be a leader. It's TEAMWORK that wins games.

I know that someone has to get it and they are the ones that talk to the refs. Or relay info from the bench. I could never understand why a goalie would get the " C " or " A " , because they would have a hard time talking to the refs.
                    This is statement is completely ignorant.

Not everyone is wound to be a leader, some are better than others. You can't rely on freshman to lead when they don't have any experience. Having a reliable and solid leader as a captain can make a big difference on a team. Case in point Ryan Jones when he was at miami, he himself willed the team to victories at times. OSU has had some as well, and one is still around on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                      This is statement is completely ignorant.

Not everyone is wound to be a leader, some are better than others. You can't rely on freshman to lead when they don't have any experience. Having a reliable and solid leader as a captain can make a big difference on a team. Case in point Ryan Jones when he was at miami, he himself willed the team to victories at times. OSU has had some as well, and one is still around on the bench.
                      For once, I can say that redhawkman and I agree on something.

From the perspective of both a player and a coach, teams with strong leaders have more success. I have seen teams in every sport with all sorts of talent, but without a leader at the core, the cohesion is not there and the success does not come. The reason certain players are awarded the "C"s and "A"s is not because they are the most level headed when talking to a ref, it's because the rest of their teammates, consciously or unconsciously, rally around them them for motivation and encouragement. TEAMWORK doesn't happen without a LEADER.

Comment

Originally posted by Brewmaster View Post
                        Just curious: has anyone rec'd a season ticket app yet???
                        I called the ticket office last week and they said they "should be out by the ed of the month"

We'll see if that actually happens.

Comment

From the perspective of both a player and a coach, teams with strong leaders have more success. I have seen teams in every sport with all sorts of talent, but without a leader at the core, the cohesion is not there and the success does not come. The reason certain players are awarded the "C"s and "A"s is not because they are the most level headed when talking to a ref, it's because the rest of their teammates, consciously or unconsciously, rally around them them for motivation and encouragement. TEAMWORK doesn't happen without a LEADER.

HOW ABOUT THIS OLD SAYING THEN ;

" HARD work beats TALENT , when TALENT doesn't work HARD. "
                          " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

I don't know how many of you OSU fans follow your team on the road, but if there are some of you that do, and you're looking for a road trip suggestion, I thought I'd throw this one out there. You can hit the road, enjoy a weekend away, support your team and benefit a worthy cause.

Oct 23/24 weekend series up at LSSU. The Lakers are hosting their "Pink in the Rink" weekend. This is a "womans health/breast cancer awareness" type of weekend fundraiser at the games where there are a bunch of informational booths, raffle tickets, special jersey auctions and all other kinds of stuff. In a nutshell, it's a big fundraising weekend for healthcare charities and a pretty worthy cause.

Plus October is an excellent time of year in the U.P. The weather is usually pretty nice, the trees are usually in full color changing bloom and you just might "need" a long weekend away by then. Anyway, in case anyone is trying to plan a roadtrip around OSU hockey away games, this is one that you might enjoy and it benefits a worthy cause.

Comment

Hey Im sure we agree a lot more! but welcome to my side, enjoy the view

Comment

Originally posted by SmartAxe View Post
                                I don't know how many of you OSU fans follow your team on the road, but if there are some of you that do, and you're looking for a road trip suggestion, I thought I'd throw this one out there. You can hit the road, enjoy a weekend away, support your team and benefit a worthy cause.

Oct 23/24 weekend series up at LSSU. The Lakers are hosting their "Pink in the Rink" weekend. This is a "womans health/breast cancer awareness" type of weekend fundraiser at the games where there are a bunch of informational booths, raffle tickets, special jersey auctions and all other kinds of stuff. In a nutshell, it's a big fundraising weekend for healthcare charities and a pretty worthy cause.

Plus October is an excellent time of year in the U.P. The weather is usually pretty nice, the trees are usually in full color changing bloom and you just might "need" a long weekend away by then. Anyway, in case anyone is trying to plan a roadtrip around OSU hockey away games, this is one that you might enjoy and it benefits a worthy cause.
                                That is one of the 3 road venues that i have yet to see the others bieng UNO and Alaska. I am really thinking about it. The trip is only about 10 hours from my home in toledo.

Comment

Working...
                                X