X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State U. ( 2009-2010 )

Well Said.

After watching the QU games on Buckeye Vision and looking at the live stats on the exhibition game. Way to many stupid penalties.

Playing hard and getting a penalty will happen. Taking stupid penalties is just uncalled for anytime.

The first month of the year , the refs will over call the games and then they will tend to relax on there calls as the season goes on.
    " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by Arpod View Post
      I respectfully disagree with your assertion that Sims, Toy, and Bartkowski were 3 D who 'did their jobs' on Thursday. Sims was solid, but Toy and Barts took stupid and selfish penalties that put the team in a hole, and IMHO their play was listless (bordering on uninspired). Others (including forwards) also took selfish penalties to be sure. In general there was a lack of discipline that also was apparent in game 2 on Friday. Frankly, the team played better (much better) in the first period on Friday without several 'key' players than when those 'key' players were inserted in the lineup. Coincidence? Not sure, but teamwork definitely suffered in the 2nd and 3rd on Friday IMHO (and poor decision making on the PP resulted in 3 short-handed breakaways, one of which cost the game...)
      Well said, and, unfortunately, accurate, too.

What struck me on Thursday was how many times Quinnipiac attempted the cherry-picker pass out of their zone, and, worse, how many times they were successful (or nearly successful) in the process. Note to Coach Markell: watch the game and adjust your plan as necessary.

The number of odd-man rushes the Bobcats had on Friday (especially, as you noted, when short-handed) was equally mind-boggling. Throw in the woeful performance by Belanger in the attack zone, and the two losses should not be surprising.

Finally, you raise one other point that I've been meaning to ask: at first I thought it was it just me, but weren't both Albert and Boyd held out during the first period of Friday's game?

Comment

Originally posted by Brewmaster View Post
        Well said, and, unfortunately, accurate, too.

Finally, you raise one other point that I've been meaning to ask: at first I thought it was it just me, but weren't both Albert and Boyd held out during the first period of Friday's game?
        I know from talking to Alberts dad he did not play inthe first period on Friday/ He told me that Albert was told he didnt play well and thats why he was sitting out the period.

Comment

Good luck this weekend guys, bring one home for the conference!
          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
            I know from talking to Alberts dad he did not play inthe first period on Friday/ He told me that Albert was told he didnt play well and thats why he was sitting out the period.
            Albert, Boyd, Bartkowski, and Toy (didn't play at all on Friday) sat the first period when we were all over QU (25 to 6 shots, though many were not particularly good scoring chances...). I think one other forward sat, but I don't remember who. With K Reed and Bishop out with injuries, we are a bit thin on energy guys... though we still have speed and skill (if the effort is there...).
            Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see a mention of tonight's game it THE DISPATCH. You would think a match up this big would get a line or two. I shot them an email.

Comment

• Columbus a hockey town? Think again.

Originally posted by tic tac toe View Post
                Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see a mention of tonight's game it THE DISPATCH. You would think a match up this big would get a line or two. I shot them an email.
                Nope, looks like you got the same issue of The Dispatch, I did.

I guess since the hockey Bucks lost their first two games of the season, the editors think they deserve as much coverage as they usually give them. Which is to say, NONE.

The Sports section does, however, provide front page articles about OSU men's bounceyball team (the second this week), and the University of Cincinnati's football team. Yippee.

Then again, at least they have the time and locale of Friday night's game at Nationwide Arena correct (even if it is buried on page six). A few days ago the second game was going to be at 1:05 on Saturday.

Comment

Hey ,

I was checking the game schedule on the team web-site and noticed that BigTenNetwork.com is listed to provide the live game video for all home games after tonights game.

What happened to the Buckeye Vision Video for home games? Is Big Ten going to replace Buckeye Vision?

I did e-mail Buckeye Vision but no response yet. I bought the monthly membership October 1st. I see Big Ten Network charges $ 2.99 per game and claims they have a very good picture/feed.

" GO BUCKEYES. "
                  " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

I tend to wait untill later in the season before posting or commenting, but after tonight I feel 100 percent comfortable in saying that this team is awful.

Comment

At least tonight you lost to a good team. What was the story of the game if anyone on here was there? Whats more shocking honestly, the fact that with all that talent returning you're 0-3, or that the attendance has been in the 1000s at each game?

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                        At least tonight you lost to a good team. What was the story of the game if anyone on here was there? Whats more shocking honestly, the fact that with all that talent returning you're 0-3, or that the attendance has been in the 1000s at each game?
                        I thought the effort was there all night long just not putting in there chances. Teh PP is terrible no movement standing still letting the Denver D play half the ice instead of moving the puck and getting the defense out of position.

there goalie was outstanding he made a couple of saves int he 1st and 3rd that were headed rigth in the net one was on Pickard i believe. they are a very fast team t hat puts pressure on you all over the ice especially in there zone ohio state didnt have much room to make plays but still created some and just didnt bang them home.

Wont be there tomorrow night Our echl team in toledo opens up but i think they will come out victors.

Comment

Buckeyes will get their first win FRI in Nationwide.
                          Denver vs. OSU PP.
                          SMALL DIFFERENCE; Denver...pass-pass-shoot. Pass-pass-shoot. OSU...pass-pass-pass; pass again, fumble the puck-pass-bad pass, Denver clears. Repeat.

BIG DIFFERENCE; Denver gets a PP goal, Buckeyes not.
                          Shoot the thing.
                          Last edited by tic tac toe; 10-15-2009, 11:20 PM.

Comment

I don't remember Toy playing any in the 3rd.
                            Denver goalie is about as good as they come, yet OSU still should have scored.
                            Both Denver tallies were stoppable
                            Expect first W tonight

Comment

This team needs someone to step up as leader/Captian.

Four players wore "A"s on their jerseys, designating them as alternate captains, last week vs. Quinnipiac, with no player donning the "C" as captain. The only other Buckeye squad to have four players with a letter was the 2003-04 group, with JB Bittner as the captain and Nate Guenin, Chris Olsgard and Dave Steckel as "A"s.

This year's 4 "A"s: Boyd, Dalpe, Jean-Luc, & Somma.
                              http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pi...1014194621.jpg

Denver series game notes: https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf4/6...B_OEM_ID=17300

the-ozone.net article about last night's game: http://www.the-ozone.net/hockey/09-10/Denver/gamer1.htm

ohiostatebuckeyes.com article: http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/Vie...CLID=204814761

PDF Box Score: https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf5/6...B_OEM_ID=17300

Good luck tonight boys! The puck Buck have never lost in Nationwide arena, keep the streak going!
                              Last edited by Dirty Hobbit; 10-16-2009, 07:54 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

Thursday's Game.

OHIO STATE,

I thought the BUCKS played there best game so far in a great effort against a very solid team.

We need to shoot the puck more and force the plays/crash the net.. Like others have said.

Dustin Carlson was the reason that Denver only got 2 goals. He did his job in the net. The only bad goal he let in was the wrap-around goal. Our Defense coughed up the puck in front of the net and Dustin didn't even have a chance on the second goal. How about that penalty shot he saved, HUGE SAVE.

The Forwards need to back-check at full speed and our Defense needs to tighten up. We give up alot of 2on 1's and breakaways.

I think we will be ok if we can find a way to score.

Freshman Alex Carlson came up short on a back-hand shot that I think hit the pipe?

Denver ,

Solid team. Good depth. Awesome goalie and he has a " HOT " glove. And the team had players that put the puck in the net.

" GO BUCKEYES. "
                                " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Working...
                                X