X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State U. ( 2009-2010 )

Originally posted by ---- View Post
    I want him gone now.... A celebratory tailgate will be thrown before the next game he isn't behind the bench
    To briefly quote a song by the Rolling Stones...."You can't always get what you want."

Really nice moniker too. Just tells me you are very unimaginative or too embarrassed by your post to put any kind of a name on it.

Comment

I'm tired of the same ol same ol.... Anytime there are expectations this team fails....Obviously Coach Markell isn't going to take this team to the next level.

I'm tired of waiting him out and hearing these excuses.....

It's his job to have his team prepared... They weren't
      QU said OSU took them lightly. It's his job to motivate them....

I want him gone now.... A celebratory tailgate will be thrown before the next game he isn't behind the bench

I think the FINGER POINTING should go more towards the players as a team effort. I think the Team took QU as a easy WIN , and got " SKUNKED. "

This is D-1 hockey now , not PeeWee's.

I will give this team some what of a break this year as a re-building year due to only one Senior on the team. But , a re-building team still has to take advantage and WIN the games they have a chance at. Maybe the core of this team ( JR's ) are still caught up in the glory of last year and came out this year thinking it was just going to happen. The pressure is on the core to step up soon and work hard for the WINS.

If you look into the crystal ball for next year and if we don't lose alot of the core next year to NHL , 2010/2011 should be the year the Buckeyes take the " CAKE. "

" GO BUCKEYES. "
      " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Already looking to next year? " LOL "

Comment

That's what you do with a re-building younger team. You kill " TWO BIRDS " with one stone.

You work on the simple problems this year so then next year your not going through this all over again with a CORE of SENIORS.
          " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Rebuilding...What??
            The Buckeyes lost very little from last year's tourney team...rebuilding should be out of the question. Boston, Mich, Mia, ND, Alaska, Denver...even MSU lost more talent than OSU. Need to forget about Quin, get ready for THURS/FRI and win now.
            Someone needs to step up on offense.
            Only one senior because Palmer and Montgomery turned pro.
            Quin didn't even bring their best skater.

Comment

Originally posted by canco3410 View Post
              Sorry to see that Joe has dropped all the way down to the Texas Brahmas of the CHL
              I was disappointed to see that a couple of weeks ago. I hoped he woud be sent to toledo in the echl where i could watch him play alot.

Comment

Originally posted by tic tac toe View Post
                Rebuilding...What??
                The Buckeyes lost very little from last year's tourney team...rebuilding should be out of the question. Boston, Mich, Mia, ND, Alaska, Denver...even MSU lost more talent than OSU. Need to forget about Quin, get ready for THURS/FRI and win now.
                Someone needs to step up on offense.
                Only one senior because Palmer and Montgomery turned pro.
                Quin didn't even bring their best skater.
                I feel the same way as you do on that subject. No way should that even be in consideration.They have way too many pieces from that team back anyting less than a trip to the joe and a return to the tournament then this season is not a success for me.

Comment

I'm tired of the same ol same ol.... Anytime there are expectations this team fails....Obviously Coach Markell isn't going to take this team to the next level.

I'm tired of waiting him out and hearing these excuses.....

It's his job to have his team prepared... They weren't
                  QU said OSU took them lightly. It's his job to motivate them....

If they get off to a slow start u might get your wish. Markell might not make it past October. With Denver coming in this week i think these 2 games might be the most important they play. Get blown out and there might not be enough confidence to recover

Comment

The administration would never burn Markell mid-season. Even if that's up for debate should the team have a poor showing again this year, it wouldn't happen until April. Getting blown out by DU isn't exactly like getting blown out by BG. On paper at least, they're arguably one of the best teams in the country, even if they didn't show it this past weekend. If OSU happens to get swept/blown out by DU, it doesn't crater the season.
                    Last edited by KC8NIY; 10-12-2009, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                      To briefly quote a song by the Rolling Stones...."You can't always get what you want."

Really nice moniker too. Just tells me you are very unimaginative or too embarrassed by your post to put any kind of a name on it.

Your name identifies you no more than ---- does mine.... It's actually more of a joke with friends the term hyphen... But thats another story....

I am embarrassed though, by this hockey team.

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
                        I think the FINGER POINTING should go more towards the players as a team effort. I think the Team took QU as a easy WIN , and got " SKUNKED. "

This is D-1 hockey now , not PeeWee's.

I will give this team some what of a break this year as a re-building year due to only one Senior on the team. But , a re-building team still has to take advantage and WIN the games they have a chance at. Maybe the core of this team ( JR's ) are still caught up in the glory of last year and came out this year thinking it was just going to happen. The pressure is on the core to step up soon and work hard for the WINS.

If you look into the crystal ball for next year and if we don't lose alot of the core next year to NHL , 2010/2011 should be the year the Buckeyes take the " CAKE. "

" GO BUCKEYES. "

Whoahhh? How are we rebuilding?

I'm tired of wait til next year... Thats what they said prior to 2005-06, that was supposed to be our year and we ended up BAD! There is no reason this team can't win. I blame the coaches because we've had several teams that are capable of doing things and havent. Eventually the blame has to be placed elsewhere.... You do win and lose as a team but when the opposition says that OSU was overlooking them it sounds like the coaches didn't have them prepared...

I just can't really see this coach as the one to take them to the next level...

Comment

Interesting series of exchanges in this thread...from claims that this is a rebuilding year to thoughts on Markell's status (hmmm, where have we heard that before???).

Having had a chance to think about it a few days, there's a few things that struck me about the Quinnipiac series. But the biggest is that we come into this season with a reputation that didn't exist last year. Going into last season, I doubt anyone could have predicted a trip to the NCAA regionals, much less the kind of success the team had. In short, we could surprise people. This year, we won't. Opposing teams will be more than ready for us now. We can't take nights off. We did last weekend.

And it's one thing to have expectations to succeed (pre-season rankings and polls), and it's another thing to deliver on those expectations. Markell likes to use the cliche "playing the full 60 minutes." Whatever. I think, instead, we have to "play the full schedule." Just because it's Quinnipiac, or Bowling Green, or the Columbus School for Girls doesn't guarantee us a free pass. Looking across the ice at the Ohio State bench both nights there was a look on Markell's face that said, "but we aren't supposed to LOSE these games." Well, John, you will if you don't plan to win them.

And now we have Denver. Strangely, I've got a backhanded optimism about this weekend. I recall last season when we had a couple dismal games versus Miami and Lake State only to head out to Denver and actually get a split. Two years ago, we came very close to beating the Gophers in Mariucci but their goalie, Alex Kangas, stood on his head and stole the game. Sadly, that season rapidly unraveled after that marvelous effort.

But that backhanded optimism ends there.

Consistently good programs--the Michigans, the Miamis, the Denvers, know their opponents will try to bring their best game--because they know they will have to--in order to beat them. Versus Quinnipiac we seemed stunned someone actually did.

Will we learn from that? Or will we implode like we did in 2005-2006?

Ask me in April.

Comment

Alot of good points and feedback.

The team needs to get that first " Win " soon , very soon.

We need to break the ice and get that big WIN. I was hoping after losing the Exhibition game that we would of at least got our first WIN against the QU series. I was hoping for a sweep of them. Then I was thinking that was a little " GREEDY " and was just hoping for a split with them.

Now with the Denver series , I just hope we can get our first WIN and get a split.

I'm 100% behind this team. I see the talent is there , they just need to pull together and play team-work to get the WINS.

The old saying is ; " It's not how you start out the season , It's how you finish the season."

" GO BUCKEYES GO. "
                            Last edited by THE OHIO STATE; 10-13-2009, 10:20 AM. Reason: Spell Check
                            " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Quinnipiac has a very good hockey team. It will be interesting to see how far they will move up in the rankings this year.

Comment

Originally posted by tic tac toe View Post
                                I'm wrong about one thing or another at least once a week. Glad Toy did not get a DQ. Now will he skate. Folkes needs to be on the ice, he knows a hard check. There were a couple of D-men just didn't do the job last night. Sims, Toy and Bartkowski are not among those.
                                I respectfully disagree with your assertion that Sims, Toy, and Bartkowski were 3 D who 'did their jobs' on Thursday. Sims was solid, but Toy and Barts took stupid and selfish penalties that put the team in a hole, and IMHO their play was listless (bordering on uninspired). Others (including forwards) also took selfish penalties to be sure. In general there was a lack of discipline that also was apparent in game 2 on Friday. Frankly, the team played better (much better) in the first period on Friday without several 'key' players than when those 'key' players were inserted in the lineup. Coincidence? Not sure, but teamwork definitely suffered in the 2nd and 3rd on Friday IMHO (and poor decision making on the PP resulted in 3 short-handed breakaways, one of which cost the game...)
                                Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X