• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State U. ( 2009-2010 )

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
    Will you be there as a ;

Fan , Player , Zamboni Driver , Ref , or " BEER MAN. "

" GO BUCKS GO. "
    I will be there as a visiting zamboni driver for Mercyhurst.
    "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

I couldn't make the game today, so was wondering how things looked. Noticed that Boyd had the "C" in the picture on the website, but who else had a "C" or an "A"?

Box score indicated a lot of penalties. Good calls or ticky-tack calls? How did the freshman look?

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by MICZamboni View Post
        I will be there as a visiting zamboni driver for Mercyhurst.

There was no live broadcast on buckeye vision , so I had to check out the live stats link and listen to the game on Ohio State Sports . Net.

It sounded like the " FEAR-LESS BUCKS " came out strong. Maybe alittle to strong as they took way to many penalties.

That short handed goal by the " BUCKS " 5 on 3 was SWEET and the high-light of the game. WOW.
        " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by Kitchenhockeydad View Post
          How did the freshman look?
          Thanks for the info.
          Freshman Carlson made some good plays. Kirkland looked real good.
          Boots stepped onto the ice, 5 seconds later he was in the box.

Comment

I'm sure Coach Markell gave the Veteran players a ear full. They were taking some stupid penalties.

I think the " BUCKS " would had a better chance at beating this team 5 on 5.

All players will get some penalties for working hard , but the stupid anger ones have to go before the real season starts on Thursday the 8th.
            " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by Kitchenhockeydad View Post
              I couldn't make the game today, so was wondering how things looked. Noticed that Boyd had the "C" in the picture on the website, but who else had a "C" or an "A"?

Box score indicated a lot of penalties. Good calls or ticky-tack calls? How did the freshman look?

Thanks for the info.
              Wasn't at the game, so can't comment on what went on there, but the picture is not from the exhibition game, probably from last year since it's last year's jersey. There are no folding seats at the Ice Rink, let alone advertising. I would imagine, though, that Boyd would obviously get the "C"... I could see Somma getting a "C" as well, with maybe Dalpe getting an "A". Just assumptions, though, I expect an announcement very soon letting us know who gets the "C" and "A".

Comment

[QUOTE=buckeye1025;4390639I would imagine, though, that Boyd would obviously get the "C"... I could see Somma getting a "C" as well, with maybe Dalpe getting an "A". Just assumptions, though, I expect an announcement very soon letting us know who gets the "C" and "A".[/QUOTE]

I think Boyd earns the C. Somma and Bartkowski an A.
                Seemed like only once did they play hard, a 5 minute stretch in the 3rd until they scored the 2nd goal.
                Best move of the day is when Carlson flew off the ice for an extra attacker, the guy was extremely fast for all the gear he was wearing. He seemed to be the only who realized a penalty had been called.
                Still a disappointing loss, they will play much better teams in the next 6 months.

Only one senior.
                Last edited by tic tac toe; 10-05-2009, 10:28 AM. Reason: .

Comment

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/5...eat58_0801.htm

Comment

HOME OPENER GAMES. 10-8/9-2009.

Good " LUCK " to the Team and Coaches.

I will be watching the game on Buckeye Vision as I live out of state.

To all the fans that are at the game , " HAVE FUN. "

" GO BUCKS GO. "
                    " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

The student section at the Western game was small, about 10-12, but very vocal at times.
                      Anyone know the status of Bishop? Seemed to injure a knee.
                      Dalpe had a couple real nice moves.
                      Last edited by tic tac toe; 10-06-2009, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Bishop's status according to J Markell is currently week to week, as the injury is a high ankle sprain.

Comment

Happy opening day(night)! Hopefully we'll get off to a good start tonight. Wouldn't be surprised to see some early jitters. Let's Go Bucks!

Comment

Yes ,

I hope the BUCKS stay out of the penalty box and put the puck in the net.

It would be nice to get a " SWEEP " and take that momentum into the Denver series.
                            " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

WEll not a god start to the season 4-2 loss. Way too many penalties tonight. I was watching on Buckeyevision but it looked to me the effort wasnt there in the 3rd period not many scoring chances and turning the puck over way to much. dusty has to stop that 3rd goal. thsi could go 2 ways here.
                              1. they suck it up and take a lesson and learn from it move on tomorrow.
                              2. they pout feel sorry for themselves and get spanked tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                                WEll not a god start to the season 4-2 loss. Way too many penalties tonight. I was watching on Buckeyevision but it looked to me the effort wasnt there in the 3rd period not many scoring chances and turning the puck over way to much. dusty has to stop that 3rd goal. thsi could go 2 ways here.
                                1. they suck it up and take a lesson and learn from it move on tomorrow.
                                2. they pout feel sorry for themselves and get spanked tomorrow.
                                IMO, tOSU was the better team but that effort in the 3rd period was horrible. It was a cool atmosphere with the band and a nice jumbo-tron for viewing (I even got to do a little air guitar). I got to show off my Mercyhurst jersey and got a nice offer for it but couldn't part with it. Good luck to the Buckeye's for the rest of the season.
                                "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X