USCHO Forum Turns 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCHO Forum Turns 10

If I've not completely misconstrued this ... I believe that these forums just had their 10th anniversary. I also can't believe I've been religiously following the boards for 10 years.

I need a life.

Re: USCHO Forum Turns 10

This version of the board turned 10 in July. I've got some of the archives in my sig (although in no particular order). I've been around here since early 1997.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

10 year vets…wow ! I’ve only been poking around last few months but when time permits I enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        I've been around here since early 1997.
        Hammer - What team did you follow prior to your D3 interest? My recollection is pretty good, and I don't recall you being a prevalent poster until Adrian emerged.

Hovering over your userid tags you as the 198th poster to join the forums; current count is around 43,000 registered users.

Comment

And #40 all-time in posts.

I'm a Ferris alum, and I had season tickets at Yost (Michigan) for 10 years. So mostly the CCHA. I've seen my share of good and bad (and some ridiculous) hockey over the years.

I got in on the ground floor with Adrian due to them building their arena less than a half-mile from my house, among other things.
          Last edited by Hammer; 08-10-2009, 09:41 AM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
            Hammer - What team did you follow prior to your D3 interest? My recollection is pretty good, and I don't recall you being a prevalent poster until Adrian emerged.

Hovering over your userid tags you as the 198th poster to join the forums; current count is around 43,000 registered users.

I wonder how many posters there were when I registered my original name, "PointersRC". It was sometime in late summer/early fall of '99, I know that. Also, wasn't there a working version of the Forum around in '98 at some point, too, that was replaced by the newer version which is what forced people to re-register? Either way, I know I was in here pretty early...and for some sick and twisted reason haven't found it necessary to leave yet.
            “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
            19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
              Also, wasn't there a working version of the Forum around in '98 at some point, too, that was replaced by the newer version which is what forced people to re-register?
              Yes, that's exactly what it was. In July '99 the board went to the .vbb format (I think that's what it was called), which required everyone to re-register. If you click on some of the archives in my sig (below the drunk posts ), you'll see what the old site and board used to look like. I also remember the complaining about the new formats, too. I think you used to be forced to go to the main page to get to the forums, and the link got moved around the page from time to time.
              Last edited by Hammer; 08-10-2009, 11:16 AM. Reason: spelling fail

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                Yes, that's exactly what it was. In July '99 the board went to the .vbb format (I think that's what it wsa called), which required everyone to re-register. If you click on some of the archives in my sig (below the drunk posts ), you'll see what the old site and board used to look like. I also remember the complaining about the new formats, too. I think you used to be forced to go to the main page to get to the forums, and the link got moved around the page from time to time.

Yeah, I must have been in nearly immediately on the new version then. I wish that PointersRC name still existed...this has me curious.
                “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

I've been around since December 2000 I believe when Purple_and_Gold10 was born at the ripe age of 12. P&G10 went through his fair share of growing pains and I'm sure people who were around that long ago remember quite well.

Jim32 informed me about USCHO after I had spent a few years following the Hockey3 listserve out of Bowdoin College i believe?
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    Jim32 informed me about USCHO after I had spent a few years following the Hockey3 listserve out of Bowdoin College i believe?
                    UMaine

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                    19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

If you have a join date in the year 1999, that means that you were one of the first 330 current members to have joined this forum.

Looks like I am "One of the 1760 oldest posters at USCHO."
                      2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                      2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                      2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                      2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                      2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                      2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                      2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                      Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                      1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

The internet as we know it really wasen't around until 1998 or late 1997 right?
                        Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                        Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                        Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                        2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                        2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Sigh...

funny pictures of dogs with captions

God, that was fun...

Comment

Well, Amazon.com has been online since 1995.

Here is some information about the start of the internet. But I think our friend really means the commercialization of the internet, when the government gave it over to other users around 1992.
                            Last edited by UCBadger; 08-10-2009, 02:40 PM.
                            2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                            2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                            2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                            2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                            2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                            2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                            Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                            1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

"A Decade of Excellence"....

WHOIS

AboutUs

Amateur Sports Marketing, Llc

People who visit WWW.USCHO.COM, also visit these.

Uscho.com is the 58087th largest site within .COM.
                              Larry Normandin
                              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                              X