PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Ralph Baer
08-20-2009, 01:29 AM
Today is 20 August 2009. There are 44 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October for the start of next season.

Ralph Baer
08-20-2009, 09:02 AM
If the men's and women's rosters aren't posted in a few days, I will have to start making up numbers for the incoming players in order to include them in the countdown.

Wicked Slappaahs
08-20-2009, 12:28 PM
If the men's and women's rosters aren't posted in a few days, I will have to start making up numbers for the incoming players in order to include them in the countdown.

I have every confidence that the SI office will not let you down...:D I will say that there is NO truth to the rumor that CJ lee knocked Marty O'Grady off of an office chair while arguing over sweater numbers...:eek: :D

GreatLakerMohawk
08-20-2009, 12:43 PM

Well, RPI is far from the only team not being on top of things with the rosters in conference that's for sure.

Ralph Baer
08-20-2009, 12:44 PM
I have every confidence that the SI office will not let you down...:D I will say that there is NO truth to the rumor that CJ lee knocked Marty O'Grady off of an office chair while arguing over sweater numbers...:eek: :D

Do you have inside knowledge about the SI office?

I suspect that Lee will get #22 if he wants it. O'Grady wore #9 last season, and I wouldn't pick a fight with Rabbani if I were he. D'Amigo also wore #9, and the Leafs won't let him fight Rabbani. :D

Wicked Slappaahs
08-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Do you have inside knowledge about the SI office?

I suspect that Lee will get #22 if he wants it. O'Grady wore #9 last season, and I wouldn't pick a fight with Rabbani if I were he. D'Amigo also wore #9, and the Leafs won't let him fight Rabbani. :D

My money says that if D'Amigo wants #9, he gets it...even if he has to buy Josh a month's worth of pizza. :D If I'm Rabbani, I am super pumped to have Jerry in the program -- I couldn't get the jersey out of my locker quick enough. But that's just me.

That said, Jerry doesn't even remotely strike me as a kid who'd make a stink over a jersey #...

Ralph Baer
08-20-2009, 04:21 PM
According to Ken Schott's blog, Shawn Kurulak has resigned http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/schott/2009/aug/20/rpi-assisatnt-coach-kurulak-resigns/. :eek:

Now the 'Tute needs both a men's and a women's AC.

engineerhockeyfan
08-20-2009, 04:45 PM
According to Ken Schott's blog, Shawn Kurulak has resigned http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/schott/2009/aug/20/rpi-assisatnt-coach-kurulak-resigns/. :eek:

That is too bad, I am sure he had a something do with recruiting. I would hate to lose anyone that had a hand in bringing the last two classes to Troy

Wicked Slappaahs
08-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Sorry to see Coach K. go. He played a large hand in recruiting, as well as coaching the defence...he'll be missed.

In an unrelated matter, I noticed that the RPI website has pictures of the team working to clean up Prospect Park today.

My two observations are:
1) I'm glad they weren't allowed to use power tools and,
2) Based on the last few photos, I'll be glad if there are no hernias reported...:eek:

DrDemento
08-20-2009, 06:04 PM

He will be missed-I wish him well in his pursuits.

Ralph Baer
08-21-2009, 02:17 AM
In honor of Allison Wright, today is 21 August 2009. There are 43 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October for the start of next season.

I forgot to mention Ms. Wright back at 86. 43 is half of 86, so I am doing it here.

Ralph Baer
08-21-2009, 09:20 AM
It is being reported on the Miami thread that their volunteer assistant coach, Bryan Vines, a former Denver Captain, will be the new RPI AC. One can see the connections that SA has to Denver and his former roommate in Miami.

The info is attributed to USHR.

His page in the Miami site http://www.muredhawks.com/sports/m-hockey/mtt/vines_bryan00.html

Red Cloud
08-21-2009, 09:45 AM
It is being reported on the Miami thread that their volunteer assistant coach, Bryan Vines, a former Denver Captain, will be the new RPI AC. One can see the connections that SA has to Denver and his former roommate in Miami.

AT Miami.

Ralph Baer
08-21-2009, 09:50 AM
AT Miami.

Prepositions always cause me trouble. I could have said "in Oxford" :D

Red Cloud
08-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Prepositions always cause me trouble. I could have said "in Oxford" :D

Yes.

REDRocket
08-21-2009, 02:55 PM
I forgot to mention Ms. Wright back at 86. 43 is half of 86, so I am doing it here. I was told there would be no math.

Puck Swami
08-21-2009, 03:40 PM
You guys will like Bryan Vines. He was a strong captain and leader at Denver and took his DU senior year team to the NCAAs as #1 seed with over 30 wins, then spent some time in the NHL as a video coach for the Avalanche and he's been a vounteer assistant for a great Miami program. He knows what is required for an NCAA contender, and brings strong recruiting connections in Ontario, his home province. He was the strongest player on the DU team at the time and understands the power of the weight room, too.

Ralph Baer
08-21-2009, 03:43 PM
I was told there would be no math.

This is RPI, not tLodge. :p

Ralph Baer
08-21-2009, 03:46 PM
You guys will like Bryan Vines. He was a strong captain and leader at Denver and took his DU senior year team to the NCAAs as #1 seed with over 30 wins, then spent some time in the NHL as a video coach for the Avalanche and he's been a vounteer assistant for a great Miami program. He knows what is required for an NCAA contender, and brings strong recruiting connections in Ontario, his home province. He was the strongest player on the DU team at the time and understands the power of the weight room, too.

Thanks. Good to hear about the Ontario connections, as we seem to be getting most of our better players there recently.

GreatLakerMohawk
08-21-2009, 04:40 PM

Fantastic news. It's things like this that help me feel OK with rooting for Denver (just so long as they're not playing RPI).