• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magog

Magog Rosters and schedule are posted

http://kanadahockey.com/

Re: Magog

Wow, a web site. Welcome to the new millennium.
    (though I'm not seeing any rosters. I don't think the site supports Firefox)
    Last edited by Hux; 08-04-2009, 08:26 PM.

Comment

I can view it in firefox. It is however very strange , there is a very thin yellow stripe below the words
      "Hockey Tournament Information Center SEE SCHEDULE FOR TIMETABLE AND RESULTS"
      (but above the link that says "Magog Silver Seven Invitational Hockey Tournament")
      I think that some how they buttons that are misplaced on the page .
      It is almost invisible. If you rest your mouse (the little hand) so that the finger just touches the yellow line these are the places to click . The schedule is under the word "hockey" Rosters are under the word "information" there are various other things under the other words.
      I found it by accident.
      It actually does not seem to work with Explorer but only firefox
      Last edited by True Blue; 08-04-2009, 09:03 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Got it. Looks like the USA Selects will be the team to beat...at least of the US squads.

And speaking of USA Selects, does anyone else find their use of the USA Hockey logo on their jerseys and pants absolutely abhorrent? That logo on a jersey should be sacred, only to be worn by those who have earned the privilege. As such it should only be used by the true US Select and National teams, and not by youth or summer tourney teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
          Got it. Looks like the USA Selects will be the team to beat...at least of the US squads.

And speaking of USA Selects, does anyone else find their use of the USA Hockey logo on their jerseys and pants absolutely abhorrent? That logo on a jersey should be sacred, only to be worn by those who have earned the privilege. As such it should only be used by the true US Select and National teams, and not by youth or summer tourney teams.
          In total agreement with you on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
            Wow, a web site. Welcome to the new millennium.
            (though I'm not seeing any rosters. I don't think the site supports Firefox)
            I had no problem viewing the roster, although not all of them are posted yet.

Edit: And they have had a website for the last two years. It was just hard to find.
            Last edited by OnMAA; 08-05-2009, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Can't see the rosters. Can anyone list them here

Comment

Originally posted by Sweden View Post
                Can't see the rosters. Can anyone list them here

Try these direct links:

Rosters:
                http://kanadahockey.com/Rosters_2009_v2.html

PDF:
                http://kanadahockey.com/Rosters%2020...Tournament.pdf

Excel:
                http://kanadahockey.com/Rosters%2020...Tournament.xls

Comment

Thanks

Comment

We were just notified that neckguards are mandatory at this tournament. I would assume that they mean the soft cloth variety. Does this apply to goalies as well? Can anyone confirm? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by goaliedad35 View Post
                      We were just notified that neckguards are mandatory at this tournament. I would assume that they mean the soft cloth variety. Does this apply to goalies as well? Can anyone confirm? Thanks

At every tournament my kid has played in the land of the Maple Leaf this has been the case. In Winnepeg the refs would also call a penalty on you if you had a zipper unzipped on the inseam of your breezers.

My advice= Everybody pack your neck guards.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG RED View Post
                        At every tournament my kid has played in the land of the Maple Leaf this has been the case. In Winnepeg the refs would also call a penalty on you if you had a zipper unzipped on the inseam of your breezers.

My advice= Everybody pack your neck guards.
                        Usually. I'd get one of those Vaughn bibs that go under the chest protector. They have a protective collar for keeping shots and such away from the throat and neck, with a mesh body so you stay cool. Wearing one also allows you to ditch the plastic throat protector from the mask, though I can't remember if your young progeny wears one.

Comment

Usually none of the above and you know how goalies are!

Comment

we were up there last year and all players including goalies were required to wear the soft ones.

Comment

Originally posted by goaliedad35 View Post
                              Usually none of the above and you know how goalies are!
                              Well, if she is anything like my niece....twitchy!

Comment

Working...
                              X