Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine offseason part II...Countdown to slightly above the Mendoza line.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine offseason part II...Countdown to slightly above the Mendoza line.

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
    As usual no one on Maine stuck up for their teammate.
    Really?

Maine got two penalties for roughing up the guy that put the hit on shemanski.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
      I disagree. Diamond fought the kid who did it

Prestin Ryan is the only one who ever did it right.
      When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tango View Post
        Really?

Maine got two penalties for roughing up the guy that put the hit on shemanski.
        Roughing the guy up would be slamming him head first into the boards so he can't get up.

Comment

So much for the keys to the game. Obviously, the players aren't listening to the coach. Sirman should start tomorrow night.

Comment

Prestin Ryan is the only one who ever did it right.
            Maine doesn't look like they have anyone with Ryan's raw ability, either.
            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
              Maine doesn't look like they have anyone with Ryan's raw ability, either.

They never will either

Comment

TIMMAY doesn't say anything to the refs he just stands there. He must like taking it up the ***
                Corkum wouldn't even have to say anything...he'd just flash his NHLPA member card.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshot08 View Post
                  Corkum wouldn't even have to say anything...he'd just flash his NHLPA member card.

Too bad we'll never find out.

Comment

No.

I think that Maine does not have anywhere near the talent that they used to have.
                    I agree.

Comment

Has anyone heard of a UPDATE on Shemansky? Last I heard was at the beginning of the 3rd period...he was taken to the Hospital...was alert & responsive......lets hope he's Ok.

Comment

I was at the game I thought Maine looked great up to the point where shemansky got hurt. Darling lost the game

Comment

Well another loss to another program, Maine used to roll over. Get used to losing to everybody as long as timmay is in the house. As for sticking up for your teammates make a statement if your going to get even, do it right!! Knock him in the mouth, knock a few teeth out, break his nose, etc and he will remember and the others will be skating looking over their shoulders before they think about boarding one of your guys or running the goalie. You only have to knock out one and the message is loud and clear. But that hasn't happened in years at Maine.....and won't while timid timmay is running the show.
                          Here is a copy of the email I sent to timid timmay last weekend, with of course no response
                          Mr Whitehead:
                          Having been a long time fan and supporter of Maine Hockey. I have held tickets for Maine since 1991 thru the current season. I have seen the highs and lows of Maine hockey. It is getting harder and harder to support the team with the direction it is going.
                          Maine hockey has quickly declined over the past 5 years and become a bottom dweller of Hockey East. When traveling to opposing schools, people ask all the time what is wrong with Maine hockey and the common denominator is the coach and the systems the team plays. Your teams have consistently gotten worse. They are out skated, timid on the ice, out worked and pushed around all over the ice, these are not trademarks of Maine hockey. Maine will be lucky to to keep it within 3 of UNH and UNH is not exactly kicking azz this year, Maine just isn't good.
                          As you can see from the Bangor Daily comments, internet forums, from the fans at the Alfond, I am not the only one with these views. I am curious to see what changes you plan to make to get this team back to one of being a winner. You can "talk" about the freshman, players leaving early etc, but every program deals with this. Maine created a proud program with a winning tradition, great arena and fanbase. All of this has declined and it will destroy the program as it continues to lose and further declines. You have already seen drops in the donations, ticket sales and fan support. I personally did not donate this year as a way to protest what is going with the program. The team needs to play "Maine Hockey," play to win versus not to lose, or move on and let someone who can bring this program back to being a national contender come in and start the rebuilding.
                          That being said I want the team to win, but am curious how that will happen.

Comment

I think it's safe to say that Maine's run of first-rate goaltenders has come to an end.

Unless this Sirman kid works out.
                            I'd take a second rate goalie at this point. Hopefully Sirman gets the start tomorrow night I've seen enough of the other 2 sieves to last me a lifetime. After tonight Darling's stats since the beginning of the 2009 calendar year are 3-11-1 4.24 gaa .848 sv% this kid needs to go play in a beer league he's not a D1 goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                              After tonight Darling's stats since the beginning of the 2009 calendar year are 3-11-1 4.24 gaa .848 sv% this kid needs to go play in a beer league he's not a D1 goalie.
                              He'd probably rather be playing in a beer league.

Comment

Roughing the guy up would be slamming him head first into the boards so he can't get up.
                                Two wrongs and a probable suspension make a right? I'm pretty sure Greg Cronin, Corkum, Claude Julien, no real hockey man would have his guys pulling that kind of crap, give me a break

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Working...
                                X