Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine offseason part II...Countdown to slightly above the Mendoza line.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine offseason part II...Countdown to slightly above the Mendoza line.

Coming at MSU's expense, I'd like to think this puts Maine on the right track going forward, if nothing more than a confidence boost.

The consolation for me was the Potato was available on Saturday, which I could not find on Friday. What an elegantly simple idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt View Post
      Good game last night. Noticed a few things while I was there. Power play units don't know what to do when the puck is passed to them, the players don't move around and create chances, they pass it in and then back to the point, just looking to shoot and get rebounds.
      Team as a very hard time switching from offense to defense and vise versa on the fly. Seem to be a lot of odd man rushes for MSU because our players were slow to get back on d.
      On the plus side, loved the guy who sat in the section behind the MSU bench near the top that was wearing a Maine home jersey that said "Whitehead Must Go" on the back. If you post on here that was some nice work.
      Also, I didn't renew my season tickets this year but did buy the 8 game best of the best power pack and my seat is better than it was before.
      I also saw this guy. He looked like a poor man's Jerry York!

Comment

nice win-- our young guys competed with MSUs young guys. that is great. look at the comparison between recruiting classes-- so, nice win. still hate timmy. we have enough talent, now we need someone to motivate long term-- this year still looks dodgy, but i am hopeful that timmy gets fired and the team really achieves next year and after. thanks-mbb

Comment

Maine Hockey Journal
          Updated 10/18 More from Saturday’s win
          USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
            Coming at MSU's expense, I'd like to think this puts Maine on the right track going forward, if nothing more than a confidence boost.

The consolation for me was the Potato was available on Saturday, which I could not find on Friday. What an elegantly simple idea!
            Never mind the 'taters for now...Your avatar alone gets you my vote as "Poster of the Year".

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              Why would I bother convincing you of anything? All you do is post about how worthless Tim is and should be replaced, but no one here seems able to convince President Kennedy of that fact. I even posted his number, but to no avail. How did your meeting go? Oh, you never met with him? Why not? VIP's would meet with the university president and make change happen. The fact that he's still there, and seems to have the fan's support, tells me you're about as useful as sunscreen at the North Pole.

By the way, not that it matters, but the voters of South Dakota rejected the abortion bill not once, but twice. Good call though.
              I'm sure Kennedy was pleased with this weekend's attendance.

Priceless - why don't you go back on the road with your union thugs and lay waste to another state. There is nothing left in Maine for you guys to foul up.

Comment

Nice to see the Black Bears win one of the two. I was at the Friday game but not Saturday (out of town). Two young teams and Maine was motivated not to be swept according to the player interviews in the BDN. Just goes to show how often Maine has not been ready to play in the past. But then again, we already knew that. Maine should win at least 13 games this season, so this is just one of the 13 wins. It's going to be very interesting to see if Maine improves during the season and is able to put some wins together. If this team battles every game they are capable of winning more than 13 games. I watched the Vermont - BC game yesterday. Vermont is going to be tough in HE. Maine is capable of beating BC, but Vermont will definitely be a challenge. Vermont is turning into the powerhouse that Maine once was.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                  Nice to see the Black Bears win one of the two. I was at the Friday game but not Saturday (out of town). Two young teams and Maine was motivated not to be swept according to the player interviews in the BDN. Just goes to show how often Maine has not been ready to play in the past. But then again, we already knew that. Maine should win at least 13 games this season, so this is just one of the 13 wins. It's going to be very interesting to see if Maine improves during the season and is able to put some wins together. If this team battles every game they are capable of winning more than 13 games. I watched the Vermont - BC game yesterday. Vermont is going to be tough in HE. Maine is capable of beating BC, but Vermont will definitely be a challenge. Vermont is turning into the powerhouse that Maine once was.
                  I watched the BC/Vermont game also....you are right that Vermont looked tough,didn't get going right off but once they did they made BC work for everything....Vermont will be a force...and like you said now that Sneddon has got his system in,recruits WANT to play for HIM & Vermont....that use to happen at Maine.....and can happen again IF action is taken at the end of this season...it will take some time to re-build the recruiting and getting the confidence of all that the program is heading back to hard working Old Time Maine Hockey...but it can happen...AGAIN...!!

Comment

Nice to see a couple of recruits that TIMMAY lost in on the 4th goal that Vermont scored.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                      Nice to see a couple of recruits that TIMMAY lost in on the 4th goal that Vermont scored.
                      Yeah, but Wally said Medvec was nothing but a stiff. Just goes to show ya, opinions are pretty much useless on this board.
                      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CdJTfGiRCI

This young men should be hired to give Timmay a hand in motivating the team? I am sure he would make a difference from what is actually done!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfanforlife View Post
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CdJTfGiRCI

This young men should be hired to give Timmay a hand in motivating the team? I am sure he would make a difference from what is actually done!
                          Classic !!

Comment

Bump

We need a place to gripe after the game.

Comment

Shemansky was carried off in a stretcher..

Comment

TIMMAY cried after they lost the game...

Comment

Working...
                                X