Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine offseason part II...Countdown to slightly above the Mendoza line.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine offseason part II...Countdown to slightly above the Mendoza line.

Originally posted by BishopFan12 View Post
    Maine's players are at fault too for playing like ****. That's all I'm saying
    That's true. However, it's the coaches responsibility to motivate players and get them to play with some intensity. It's the coaches responsibility to know his players and know how to connect with them. These guys are kids in college and need leadership and direction. It's painfully obvious these players are not listening to the coach and I hate to say it, they don't respect him. This is a terrible situation for everyone involved. Really, sad. It's only two games and the season is young, but it is not looking good. What's frustrating for fans is that we continue to hear the same responses from the players and coach for the past three years about working hard and turning the program around. I hope I am wrong and Maine finally comes together, but it's not looking good folks.

Comment

Which comes first? This thread locks out or Maine wins a game?

Comment

Originally posted by BearPaw View Post
        Which comes first? This thread locks out or Maine wins a game?
        That's easy. A "lock" if you will.

Comment

I'll be curious to see, since it's homecoming weekend, if they get blown out in Fridays game how vocal the fanbase becomes against Timmay. A few drunk alumni can make alot of noise. I was planning on being one of those alumni. But I can't justify spending the $300-$400 to come up for the weekend to watch another embarassment. I was looking forward to being up there too. I guess this is my own little protest.

Comment

Originally posted by BishopFan12 View Post
            Maine's players are at fault too for playing like ****. That's all I'm saying
            you really do not know what you are talking about.
            the players are told what the system is. Tim is vague. Then the players get benched for their performance, and they are not told what they did wrong. They play like they are afraid to do something wrong, but they don't know what is right.

When Corkum TRIED to talk to players after their shifts on the ice, what they did right and what they did wrong, Tim stopped him, saying "that is not how we coach at Maine"
            "coaching at Maine" apparently is letting the boys guess at what the coach wants.
            certain D are not allowed to shoot form the point, but only from the high slot, others are allowed to shoot from wherever they want. It s not a case of "you may ONLY shoot when you have a clear lane", rather "YOU may never shoot from the point" If you paid attention, you would have seen defensemen with perfectly clear lanes to the net winding up and stopping short because of this.

Tim has a goalie coach who is in a couple days a week. The goalies do not improve.
            Parker has a guy named Geragosian working with his goalies all the time. That seems to work better... it did when Grant was working with the goalies.
            Parker employs a HOCKEY STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING guy. Boyle. Pretty good name in hockey.
            Tim hires a football guy and mysteriously a lot of Maine's players are hurt all the time... causation or correlation or both, you tell me.

the D is not allowed to be physical.
            their whole lives they worked hard and got to be the best at their position, and now they come to Maine and Tim changes everything that they ever learned.
            nobody is allowed to take a run at a goalie or an opponent who just took a run at Maine's goalie... great for team morale.

Maine scored 4 goals this weekend from the front of the net.
            IF you saw these games you might have noticed that Maine was VERY RARELY in the front of the net. Tim makes the boys go into the corner and outnumber the D in order to have a better chance at coming away with the puck. SO Maine gets the puck and cannot do anything with it because all 3 forwards are on top of the puck... like mites.
            (send someone to the net, you might still outnumber the D, because they have to try and cover the guy out front), IF Maine gets the puck at least there is someone to feed or who might score on a rebound.
            These players who are responsible for scoring, as you say... are not allowed to get in position to score.... their fault?

if the boys were responsible for stopping pucks and scoring goals and they were allowed to do what they have been taught to do their whole lives, maybe Maine would win a few... and maybe ...oh never mind.
            it is all the players' fault.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
              the players are told what the system is. Tim is vague. Then the players get benched for their performance, and they are not told what they did wrong. They play like they are afraid to do something wrong, but they don't know what is right.

When Corkum TRIED to talk to players after their shifts on the ice, what they did right and what they did wrong, Tim stopped him, saying "that is not how we coach at Maine"
              "coaching at Maine" apparently is letting the boys guess at what the coach wants.
              certain D are not allowed to shoot form the point, but only from the high slot, others are allowed to shoot from wherever they want. It s not a case of "you may ONLY shoot when you have a clear lane", rather "YOU may never shoot from the point" If you paid attention, you would have seen defensemen with perfectly clear lanes to the net winding up and stopping short because of this.

Tim has a goalie coach who is in a couple days a week. The goalies do not improve.
              Parker has a guy named Geragosian working with his goalies all the time. That seems to work better... it did when Grant was working with the goalies.
              Parker employs a HOCKEY STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING guy. Boyle. Pretty good name in hockey.
              Tim hires a football guy and mysteriously a lot of Maine's players are hurt all the time... causation or correlation or both, you tell me.

their whole lives they worked hard and got to be the best at their position, and now they come to Maine and Tim changes everything that they ever learned.
              nobody is allowed to take a run at a goalie or an opponent who just took a run at Maine's goalie... great for team morale.

IF you saw these games you might have noticed that Maine was VERY RARELY in the front of the net. Tim makes the boys go into the corner and outnumber the D in order to have a better chance at coming away with the puck. SO Maine gets the puck and cannot do anything with it because all 3 forwards are on top of the puck... like mites.
              (send someone to the net, you might still outnumber the D, because they have to try and cover the guy out front), IF Maine gets the puck at least there is someone to feed or who might score on a rebound.
              These players who are responsible for scoring, as you say... are not allowed to get in position to score.... their fault?

if the boys were responsible for stopping pucks and scoring goals and they were allowed to do what they have been taught to do their whole lives, maybe Maine would win a few... and maybe ...oh never mind.
              Wow! Are you on the team?

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                I'll be curious to see, since it's homecoming weekend, if they get blown out in Fridays game how vocal the fanbase becomes against Timmay. A few drunk alumni can make alot of noise. I was planning on being one of those alumni. But I can't justify spending the $300-$400 to come up for the weekend to watch another embarassment. I was looking forward to being up there too. I guess this is my own little protest.
                Awww come on.........just go up and see the Maine football team knock off #1 Richmond (my upset special! ). And then after you've had a few you can lay into TIMMAY at the hockey game.

Comment

I think that at this moment in time people should be supporting the team and forget about whitehead. If the season has been a disaster come late january, early february then that would be the time to get the 'fire whitehead' stuff going. I don't think it is good for the team/recruiting/program in general for everyone to be focused on running the coach out of town. If you look at last weekend UNH lost to a much weaker RPI team than the Union team Maine lost to. Union had 19 wins last season and RPI only had 10. Union isn't a top five team by any means, but they're certainly not garbage either. I'll lastly say that this post is not meant to be an endorsement of timmay or anything like that, I just think people should see how this season goes and wait until the appropriate time to try to get timmay axed if the season goes horribly wrong.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

RPI is a much better team than Union. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is on this one.

Final regular ECAC standings sufficient?
                    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                      RPI is a much better team than Union. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is on this one.

I would totally agree on this.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        I would totally agree on this.
                        I will take that bet.

Both up and coming with good classes in the pipeline, but Union is a superior squad as we speak

Comment

Oh I get it - this thread applies to Scott Darling and Ryan Hegarty.

You may be curious to see comments made during R. Comley radio show today:
                          "(The suspensions are) really good for our team, though they haven't tranlated into wins yet. I'm excited that we're headed in the right direction."

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post

To be honest, I really could care less where they finish. The point was UNH suffered pretty much the same fate as Maine last weekend. If you really want we could put 10 quid or whatever on the outcome, it doesn't really matter to me either way.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              I think that at this moment in time people should be supporting the team and forget about whitehead. If the season has been a disaster come late january, early february then that would be the time to get the 'fire whitehead' stuff going. I don't think it is good for the team/recruiting/program in general for everyone to be focused on running the coach out of town. If you look at last weekend UNH lost to a much weaker RPI team than the Union team Maine lost to. Union had 19 wins last season and RPI only had 10. Union isn't a top five team by any means, but they're certainly not garbage either. I'll lastly say that this post is not meant to be an endorsement of timmay or anything like that, I just think people should see how this season goes and wait until the appropriate time to try to get timmay axed if the season goes horribly wrong.
                              I think all of us here support the team. Sometimes we place too, much fault on the players when it should be directed more at the coaching staff. After all ,these are college students who are here to receive an education and play hockey. Not necessarily in that order. It's just that most Maine Hockey fans are passionate and need to vent after being subjected to this continuing downward spiral. I still have season tickets and I support the team (for now).

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post

The quote on what Corkum tried to do is right on...and so is when during the 1st half of last season Corkum would let his emotions out...which in turn he was told by TW that we don't do that at Maine......................no matter how you slice/dice it...this program is a MESS and will NOT get on track until there is a change behind the bench after this season.....hopefully...put Corkum..Montgomery..Gengron and a half dozen from other programs...and there are up and coming assistants that would dearly apply to coach the UM HKy program.....hockey is not dead here yet...it's in bad shape is a understatement...but it can be fixed....again>>>>HOPEFULLY.

Comment

Working...
                                X