Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine offseason part II...Countdown to slightly above the Mendoza line.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine offseason part II...Countdown to slightly above the Mendoza line.

Originally posted by BearPaw View Post
    Being down 4-1 after two, why not put Sirman in then. Atleast give him a look of a real game. See if he can step up his game.
    My guess would be Timmay doesn't think he could help the team, again from what I saw I agree. Tim cares, he just can't do anything about it. You think he wants to lose his job?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Potato in NH View Post
      How many more of these types of weekends are in store for Maine in the future? Who does Maine have to get swept by for James to realize how mediocre the hockey program has become? What will Michigan State do to Maine if they just got beaten soundly by Union?
      Wasn't Michigan state worse than Maine last year, not sure why everyone thinks Michigan state is a powerhouse. Reputation is everything, I guess
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        My guess would be Timmay doesn't think he could help the team, again from what I saw I agree. Tim cares, he just can't do anything about it. You think he wants to lose his job?
        The point is that Whitehead does not want to lose games or his job...but what he's doing isn't winning games or making a case for getting a job extension....he's run his game and it's time for changes...plain & simple...will it happen? Who knows...better yet who CARES? You'd be surprise ALOT do.....

Comment

Wasn't Michigan state worse than Maine last year, not sure why everyone thinks Michigan state is a powerhouse. Reputation is everything, I guess
          Union just kicked our ***** so there is no reason to think Michigan State won't. They may have had a bad season last year but they still don't have TIMMAY coaching them. That's gives them an advantage right from the start.
          When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

I got back late last night from the game and didn't feel like posting. Some of my thoughts. Wilson was awful. You really have to wonder what grant saw in him. He's looked terrible from day one and I haven't seen much noticeable improvement. Pryor was also awful last night. Every time he was on the ice Union looked like they were going to score. I see in the box score he was a -3, tied with liedermark for the worst on the team. Liedermark doesn't have the pace about him right now to be playing. Hopefully he can become the next Soares and find it but he shouldn't be playing right now.

With the negatives out of the way, I liked a lot of stuff I saw. I was extremely impressed with shemansky, beattie, and diamond. I think beattie will be the best of the lot in time. Flynn looked like he has gotten better from last year. It seemed like when Maine had problems a lot of it was just not having the chemistry, which is to be expected the first weekend of the year. Overall I was actually pretty satisfied with what I saw. This is the first year in awhile where maine has had more than two or three good offensive players. People on here are going to be down on this weekend, but for me last night came down to wilson and pryor playing poorly or maine probably would've gotten the result. I think from the providence game to thanksgiving will really tell us how maine is going to do this year.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              I got back late last night from the game and didn't feel like posting. Some of my thoughts. Wilson was awful. You really have to wonder what grant saw in him. He's looked terrible from day one and I haven't seen much noticeable improvement. Pryor was also awful last night. Every time he was on the ice Union looked like they were going to score. I see in the box score he was a -3, tied with liedermark for the worst on the team. Liedermark doesn't have the pace about him right now to be playing. Hopefully he can become the next Soares and find it but he shouldn't be playing right now.

With the negatives out of the way, I liked a lot of stuff I saw. I was extremely impressed with shemansky, beattie, and diamond. I think beattie will be the best of the lot in time. Flynn looked like he has gotten better from last year. It seemed like when Maine had problems a lot of it was just not having the chemistry, which is to be expected the first weekend of the year. Overall I was actually pretty satisfied with what I saw. This is the first year in awhile where maine has had more than two or three good offensive players. People on here are going to be down on this weekend, but for me last night came down to wilson and pryor playing poorly or maine probably would've gotten the result. I think from the providence game to thanksgiving will really tell us how maine is going to do this year.
              To answer one of your questions...Wilson was brought in at the last minute to replace Matt Lundin who decided to go back to the USHL and then hook on to another Div.1 school..{Mercyhurst}..so that he could get a chance at playing...his years at Maine was that Jimmy Howard then Ben Bishop were in front of him and Whitehead did not see fit to play him...which in turn for a kid that wanted to always play for UMaine was a bitter pill to take.......

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                I find it hard to believe would be worse than what Wilson has shown in 3+ years.
                Yep. Even if he sucks, what's the diff? And just maybe, he might surprise a few people.

I do see signs of excitement from some of the freshman, but we need somebody to help them develop. I don't believe they can do it on their own.
                But how long before that gets beaten out of them due to a combo of TIMMAY's mind games and lousy coaching, and the constant losing?
                Last edited by rufus; 10-11-2009, 09:15 AM.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by mainescores View Post
                  To answer one of your questions...Wilson was brought in at the last minute to replace Matt Lundin who decided to go back to the USHL and then hook on to another Div.1 school..{Mercyhurst}..so that he could get a chance at playing...his years at Maine was that Jimmy Howard then Ben Bishop were in front of him and Whitehead did not see fit to play him...which in turn for a kid that wanted to always play for UMaine was a bitter pill to take.......
                  This comment is just one of many that confirms for me that Whitehead does not know how to coach a goalie. That might be one of the top reasons that Shawn was so successful. He not only knew the goalie position because he played that position, but he had a goalie coach who also knew the position.

I know many don't feel Whitehead knows how to coach at all, but... if you can't coach the goalies then there's no one to stop the puck consistently. This year it looks like we might have a couple of good goal scorers. Still, the goalies can't be giving up 5 and 6 goals per game and expect to win.

As an aside from the whole goalie situation, I wish there was a way to see how Corkum would function in practice and behind the bench if he were given a chance. Maybe, if king James is not willing to cut timmay loose, he could give him a week off with pay and take a look at how Corkum would do with the team. I know I'm dreaming here, but I sure would like to see it.

Comment

Are they better than Union? You don't need to be a powerhouse to beat Maine anymore. You just need to have twenty players on skates.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Dont underestimate UNION.
                      very good program and is better then many people might think. Strong recruiting and coaching is very good.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Are they better than Union? You don't need to be a powerhouse to beat Maine anymore. You just need to have twenty players on skates.
                        Do you think we could beat American?
                        When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                          Do you think we could beat American?
                          No.

Comment

Maine Hockey Journal
                            Updated 10/11 Maine struggles against Union, falls 6-3
                            USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Originally posted by MaineHockeyPuck View Post
                              This comment is just one of many that confirms for me that Whitehead does not know how to coach a goalie. That might be one of the top reasons that Shawn was so successful. He not only knew the goalie position because he played that position, but he had a goalie coach who also knew the position.

I know many don't feel Whitehead knows how to coach at all, but... if you can't coach the goalies then there's no one to stop the puck consistently. This year it looks like we might have a couple of good goal scorers. Still, the goalies can't be giving up 5 and 6 goals per game and expect to win.

As an aside from the whole goalie situation, I wish there was a way to see how Corkum would function in practice and behind the bench if he were given a chance. Maybe, if king James is not willing to cut timmay loose, he could give him a week off with pay and take a look at how Corkum would do with the team. I know I'm dreaming here, but I sure would like to see it.
                              After this weekends result and the last couple of years results, Timmay should resign effective Monday morning. He's obviously not the man for the job and he's turned Maine into the laughing stock of Hockey East. A once proud and powerful program has become Lake Superior East! Just terrible!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                                Dont underestimate UNION.
                                very good program and is better then many people might think. Strong recruiting and coaching is very good.
                                Yeah so is bentley right?

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Working...
                                X