Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine offseason part II...Countdown to slightly above the Mendoza line.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine offseason part II...Countdown to slightly above the Mendoza line.

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I see this whole thing as pretty much a non story.
    I'd say the same thing about the entire upcoming season.

Comment

I'm not happy that Darling won't be playing this weekend,but I suppose that it'll mean that I'll get a look at Sirmen.(Wilson,I've only seen on the road in the past,and every single time,he was awful...I've seen enough of ol' Dave to last a lifetime already.)

Lots of guys on here are pretty sanguine regarding Maine's chances this year,but I for one don't see that happening.I'm expecting mediocrity yet again.And Union is not a pushover for this version of the Bears.I'm looking for close games both nights that could go either way.(Good thing that the tickets were cheap!)

Comment

Wow, no overreaction. The way I see it haggerty being out gives nemec and cornell a chance to play, which they both need. Darling only misses one start which is a good chance for Sirman. We don't even know what the infraction was and i'm sure the athletic department probably had something to do with the suspension. I see this whole thing as pretty much a non story.
        Here's the CALM down version.......... Disapointed...YES....Surprised...NO....The reason WHY,because this has become the norm under the Whitehead era...lack of focus.pride and a commitment to the hockey program on and off the ice...plain & simple another Black Eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          I'm not happy that Darling won't be playing this weekend,but I suppose that it'll mean that I'll get a look at Sirmen.(Wilson,I've only seen on the road in the past,and every single time,he was awful...I've seen enough of ol' Dave to last a lifetime already.)

Lots of guys on here are pretty sanguine regarding Maine's chances this year,but I for one don't see that happening.I'm expecting mediocrity yet again.And Union is not a pushover for this version of the Bears.I'm looking for close games both nights that could go either way.(Good thing that the tickets were cheap!)
          Like I keep saying this TEAM has litle margin for error,either in the scoring,goaltending and most of all that EVERYONE is on board as a team...hopefully you see a solid effort and wins by the UM HKy club.

Comment

. I see this whole thing as pretty much a non story.
            Darling has been here one year, how many times has he been sat down for discplinary reasons? I don't see it as a non story, its BS.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by mainescores View Post
              ~~~ This is TOTAL BS....no need of it at all...over & over....this is the 3rd time that Darling has been reprimanded...what's his deal....better then his team-mates???? He should be given the heave-ho next infraction.....no need of it at all......and this has been going on every year......wake up WHITEHEAD....it's your team...take care of it....Sh*t happens,but make it NOT happen with some back-bone decisions....make these guy's know if you screw up your GONE.....not 2 & 3 game suspensions.....JUST GOES TO SHOW there need's to be major changes to the UMaine HKy program and in the A.D. office......boy what a Shi*ty day.......and there is 34 games yet to be played.......BS....TOTALLY
              Yeh, great start to the season! This seams to be the norm with the Hockey program over the past few seasons and Timmay obviously doesn't have control of the kids and does not have their respect. Pretty much the only news that comes out of Orono regarding the hockey program over the past few years is about kids getting in trouble and getting suspended.
              Please, may this be the last year that Timmay is in charge of the program and that little Blake finds a job somewhere else.

Comment

With all the troubles this team has had so far, Maine is tied for first place in Hockey East!!

Comment

Originally posted by john g View Post
                  With all the troubles this team has had so far, Maine is tied for first place in Hockey East!!
                  Maine is also tied for LAST place.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    Maine is also tied for LAST place.
                    Pessimist!

Comment

Hegarty had the more serious infraction while Darling's two games are for two separate incidents... Wally, technically,that'd make three times he's gone astray...

and now swallow is out for 3 to 4 weeks with a shoulder sprain...

anyone know anything about this slovakian kid that is trying to walk on?

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/st...88138&ac=PHspt

Comment

I guess this answers if Whitehead's going to screw up the Sirman-Darling rotation the way that he screwed up Bishop and Lundin. For now at least.

I put this more on Darling than Whitehead. He's not letting him skate on little things, he's trying to send a message by suspending him and letting Wilson take his job down the stretch last year. The kid's not getting it, which is both surprising and horrifying considering how bad his lack of focus made him in the second half last year. Didn't teach him a thing I guess.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

gscott, I think you should walk on in Orono. You could nail down a spot in the top two lines easily.

Is anyone else a little surprised to see Dimmen basically say he wants to bunker in and protect the goalie? Is he hoping for a 0-0 tie?
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            Is anyone else a little surprised to see Dimmen basically say he wants to bunker in and protect the goalie? Is he hoping for a 0-0 tie?
                            Not surprised at all. If it were possible to win 0 to -1, I'm convinced Whitehead would try to do it.

No idea what the hope is.
                            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                              If it were possible to win 0 to -1, I'm convinced Whitehead would try to do it.
                              LOL.........

Comment

Well this season is starting like the last one ended and who expected anything different....Maine hockey is simple embarrassing now-a-days. A has been program of old, we can thank two men for that.....timmay and king james!!!! Thank you for reducing a once proud program into a shell of itself and putting it into the Merrimack category.
                                Did everybody get their email from timmay about "a Maine timeout" picture? Timmay ought to buy a copy of that to see what a real coach looked like and the players he recruited and produced.....thank you timmay for all you have done to ruin Maine hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X