Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine offseason part II...Countdown to slightly above the Mendoza line.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine offseason part II...Countdown to slightly above the Mendoza line.

Anyone get their season tickets in the mail?
    When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
      Anyone get their season tickets in the mail?
      Not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        Every Fall the men's hockey team competes in the Run for Hope 5K ( a charity road race). This year the number of road racers were down with the hockey team dominating the top 25 finishers. The fastest Maine player was red shirt freshmen Mark Nemec running 20 minutes and small change (6:30 per mile pace). Not to shabby of a time. The winner was in the 16 to 17 minute category. He was in the top 5 as I recall. It's always fun to see who the fastest player is over 5k (3.1 miles).
        Congrats to everyone that participated........all fundraiser, charitable and comunity events by the team should be recognized achievments. This kids devote a lot of their personal time.

Comment

Maine now giving away season tickets...........

http://goblackbears.cstv.com/sports/...091809aab.html

How times have changed......... (At least they have the economy to blame ).

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
            Maine now giving away season tickets...........

http://goblackbears.cstv.com/sports/...091809aab.html

How times have changed......... (At least they have the economy to blame ).

I guess they can't be hurting too bad if they can give away season tickets and parking passes.
            When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

got my season tickets today, nothing in there about the friends group, usually its full of other stuff, nothing but one bank ad.
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                got my season tickets today, nothing in there about the friends group, usually its full of other stuff, nothing but one bank ad.
                Did they disband Friends of Maine Hockey? Maybe they were too vocal about the current coaching situation for King James' taste?

Comment

Did they disband Friends of Maine Hockey? Maybe they were too vocal about the current coaching situation for King James' taste?
                  Who knows, seems like that would really hurt the program? but at this point does it matter.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

No real hockey content here, but is anyone making the trip to Syracuse for the football game next weekend.

Back to hockey
                    Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing.

Comment

Disbanding the Friends of Maine Hockey would be a real drag as they do quite a bit for the program

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
                        Disbanding the Friends of Maine Hockey would be a real drag as they do quite a bit for the program
                        it has not been disbanded,
                        Friends is putting on the annual lobster feed in Ellsworth on Sunday the 26th or 27th (the sunday)

I would like to ask once again though why so many past presidents of Friends of Maine Hockey will have NOTHING to do with Tim's team?
                        It is a rhetorical question for the most part, but it might be good to get some of that info out in the open.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                          I guess they can't be hurting too bad if they can give away season tickets and parking passes.
                          unless (unlike Merrimack) they have come to realize that it is better to have butts in the seats than to have empty seats. At least if there are people at the Alfond, there is a chance that more concessions and maybe shirts are sold. If the place is empty like the Lawler, then there is no way more concession money can be made.
                          Lowell is a lot smarter, they give away a zillion tickets to their home games and they fill the place up with as many midddle schoolers and youth hockey players as care to come. And they buy stuff while they are there.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                            it has not been disbanded,
                            Friends is putting on the annual lobster feed in Ellsworth on Sunday the 26th or 27th (the sunday)

I would like to ask once again though why so many past presidents of Friends of Maine Hockey will have NOTHING to do with Tim's team?
                            It is a rhetorical question for the most part, but it might be good to get some of that info out in the open.
                            Just go up to former FOMH Presidents and former volunteer workers and you'll get a EAR-FUL and lets put it isn't FAVORABLE to Whitehead..............it's really SOUR..........and thats putting it mildly....but don't just read into the ending...talk to these peole first hand and it will make you SOUR also......time for CHANGE.....

Comment

Originally posted by mainescores View Post
                              Just go up to former FOMH Presidents and former volunteer workers and you'll get a EAR-FUL and lets put it isn't FAVORABLE to Whitehead..............it's really SOUR..........and thats putting it mildly....but don't just read into the ending...talk to these peole first hand and it will make you SOUR also......time for CHANGE.....
                              This is B.S.! How does TIMMAY and King James wield so much power up there!?!? Isn't there ANYONE who can get through to someone above them??? If FOMH, season ticket holders, donors, and former players have all fallen off the bandwagon........then WHO is left???

Comment

Originally posted by mainescores View Post
                                What are they upset about? On or off the ice?

Nero and James have done a ******* awful job in the last seven or eight years. The whole 'running the athletic department like a business' idea has failed pretty miserably. I could tell pretty much straight away that Nero was bad news but it seems like it took other people awhile to realize it. Just to clarify, I pretty much see James as an extension of Nero.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X