This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Laker Hockey 2009-10

They announced the crowd at 17 and change. With the eagles playing an exciteing game friday night and playing again last night at home i didn't expect to see a big crowd at Taffy last night.

Power and McParland did impress me they were both great with the puck.

I was really impressed with the pairing of Kaunisto and Gysbers at first i thought to many eggs in one basket, but i think it is really going to help both of them to have fine senior seasons.
    BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
      A pre-game show of some sort would have been nice.
      I agree. I wonder if they had technical problems or something. In their postgame banter, they referenced their "pre-game show" ... but there wasn't one. What's the deal? Overall I think VanWagoner and Ellis did a pretty good job.

And the freshman looked good. Especially Power, Trotman and McParland. Looking forward to Canisius.
      http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

Originally posted by michiganmidge View Post
        I agree. I wonder if they had technical problems or something. In their postgame banter, they referenced their "pre-game show" ... but there wasn't one. What's the deal? Overall I think VanWagoner and Ellis did a pretty good job.
        Pre-game show was on 1400 AM.

Its kind of odd that they would split the broadcast between two stations. Maybe Yes FM did not want to give an hour of play time up.

Anyone know if the game will be on 1400's podcast?

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
          Pre-game show was on 1400 AM.

Its kind of odd that they would split the broadcast between two stations. Maybe Yes FM did not want to give an hour of play time up.
          Well, that's just stupid. How was anyone to know that the pre-game was on the AM station, and the game was on the FM station? STUPID.
          http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

Originally posted by michiganmidge View Post
            Well, that's just stupid. How was anyone to know that the pre-game was on the AM station, and the game was on the FM station? STUPID.
            Agreed. Why would they do something like that? Hopefully people called and complained so they don't pull this stunt again.

Hope the Lakers get at least a split in the SUperior Cup next weekend.
            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Hey hosers, there's a Superior Showcase thread...
              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post

Anyone know if the game will be on 1400's podcast?
                yup, pregame and the game are up on the podcast page.

http://www.talkradio1400.com/page.php?page_id=13018

sorry, I knew the pregame was going to be on 1400. I didn't realize that that wasn't common knowledge or I would have posted it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogerfan View Post
                  sorry, I knew the pregame was going to be on 1400. I didn't realize that that wasn't common knowledge or I would have posted it.
                  Pretty odd if this wasn't made common knowledge in the Sault before the puck dropped over the weekend. With everything leading up to the opening faceoff, I would have thought that both radio affiliates (on the AM & FM dial) would have put this out there and hyped it up a bit.

Overall, sounds like a pretty decent game from our Lakers against a team with more than a few former OHLers and a few games experience into their season already. Hache was a goaltender for the Soo Greyhounds and they really rolled out the red carpet, by way of 51 shots on net, to welcome him back to the Sault area.

It will be a big test this weekend heading up to the West end. Hopefully the boys are ready for the challenge and our goaltending is up to the task. Sure would be nice to start the season off with a couple of nice wins on the road.

Comment

As far as the exhibition game goes it was nice to see the veterans do the scoring but at the same time i would have liked to see some of the new guys put up some points too....

Comment

I consider the top 5 teams in the CCHA this season to be UM, ND,Miami, OSU, and NMU...the Lakers play those teams a combined 12 times with 8 of them coming at home, the way i see it, that can only be a positive for the Lakers as they usually play much better at Taffy than they do on the road. The Lakers have the capability to host a first round series if they can pull out a decent amount of points against the 5 teams above and if they have a .500 record in shootouts this year. Those are two of the biggest components to this season in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
                        As far as the exhibition game goes it was nice to see the veterans do the scoring but at the same time i would have liked to see some of the new guys put up some points too....
                        I think Nip****ing was packing in their defense down low and giving the Lakers the shots from the points, which is why 4 of the 7 goals were from defensemen. Trotman isn't being counted on for scoring. He was brought in because he's a big strong kid who can help clear out the front of the Lakers net. I think that is a part of their game that the coaches felt the Lakers must be better at. It will take at least a few games to see what the freshmen forwards can do. McParland did get a goal.

Comment

Truth Squad or T.B.A., What is your background in broadcasting because you have a lot of opinions on the Laker broadcasters considering your obvious expertise on what makes a great one. Attend Northwestern, Duke, Cornell? Because obviously someone of your intelligence must have been highly educated.

On to serious conversation prediction for the Lakers this weekend? 0-2-2 in the Superior Cup the past two years and Duluth and Tech are picked near the bottom of the WCHA. I think they get a win and a tie but hey T.B.A. (Truth Squad) that would make me a homer in your eyes. T.B.A your thoughts ma'am?

Comment

Duluth is ranked 18th in the nation as of now. If the Lakers can"t beat Tech this year and Tech is rated one of the worse teams in the nation,what will that say about Lake State ..........

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                              Duluth is ranked 18th in the nation as of now. If the Lakers can"t beat Tech this year and Tech is rated one of the worse teams in the nation,what will that say about Lake State ..........
                              Win or lose this weekend does not make much of a statement. Preseason polls and opinions are fun to discuss but the are worth about as much as ink it take to write them. Although Tech may be in for a long season, we really don't know that yet. They may end up a top four finisher in the WCHA. OK maybe not, but we won't know until we get a few games into the season. I think goaltending can make or break a team and that changes every year.

Comment

It makes a huge statement. Last year they lost to tech and then turned around a couple weeks later and lost to Robert Morris on the Lakers home ice pretty much was the season. Lakers were never in the running for anything but the bottom 3 after that and those losses revealed a lot on the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X