X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Laker Hockey 2009-10

Originally posted by Mogerfan View Post
    More intersting quotes from Roque:
    Like every team, we have very high hopes to start the season. The last few years have been rather disappointing for us. We felt that a few years ago when we got to Joe Louis we had turned a corner. I think we’ve underachieved the last couple of seasons, and we’ve had to look hard at what we’ve done here and where we can change and get better.

Here's the link:
    http://www.ccha.com/quotes_from_the_...ence_call.aspx

Interesting statement. It would be easy for him to say "we've lost three of our top four scorerers, so we could struggle to score" or something like that. He seems to have fairly high expectations for the team, which is good to see. We'll have to see how that translates to the ice.

Wish I could be in the Soo tomorrow!
    (this is nmu_27)

Even more interesting to me is Coach Roque's talking about the economics of the team and that there will be steps put in place to help with fundraising to help prevent a Bowling Green-type of situation at Lake State.

Coach Roque also stated that BMW will be given the chance to play every night at the beginning of the year.
    sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
    streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
    TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Truth Squid,

I once lived in the Soo, no more. So I guess you're half-right.

And there is little doubt you are either Francis Anzalone or his mom.

So, we expect a very fair review of the new broadcast team tonight.

Comment

A pre-game show of some sort would have been nice.
        Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
          A pre-game show of some sort would have been nice.
          pregame show was on 1400 WKNW.

It was pretty extensive. they did a nice interview with the senior USCHO writer Jim Connelly.
          Last edited by Mogerfan; 10-03-2009, 06:13 PM.

Comment

pregame show was on 1400 WKNW.

It was pretty extensive. they did a nice interview with the senior USCHO writer Jim Connelly.
            Alright then, that is really strange. Will it be that way all year?

1-0 LSSU of a PP goal from Gysbers.
            Edit: 2-0, both by Gysbers. Keep it up Simon, you're on my fantasy team.
            Edit 2: 3-0 with Stonehouse getting a goal.
            Edit 3: 4-0 Goal by Kaunisto (which is a little annoying to hear KauNEEsto on the radio, I don't know what the proper pronunciation is, but I just don't like how it sounds)
            Last edited by nmu_27; 10-03-2009, 06:36 PM.
            Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
              Alright then, that is really strange. Will it be that way all year?

1-0 LSSU of a PP goal from Gysbers.
              I think so. They probably want to take as little time as possibly away from the teeny bopper music on 99.5 on a weekend night.

Internet feed seems to be working fine.

Comment

All right folks. How do I get the listen live link to open with winamp so I can listen to this game?..and any future games.

Edit: Nevermind I got it.
                Last edited by Proud2baLaker; 10-03-2009, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                  All right folks. How do I get the listen live link to open with winamp so I can listen to this game?..and any future games.
                  I just clicked on it and it brought up winamp. I think Firefox works better for this than Internet Explorer. So you might try switching browsers if you are using Explorer. (i'm assuming that you have downloaded and installed winamp.)

winamp download: http://www.winamp.com/player

mozilla firefox download: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html

I like firefox a lot better than IE anyway.

edit: OK, nevermind then. :-)

Comment

I just clicked on it and it brought up winamp. I think Firefox works better for this than Internet Explorer. So you might try switching browsers if you are using Explorer. (i'm assuming that you have downloaded and installed winamp.)

winamp download: http://www.winamp.com/player

mozilla firefox download: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html

I like firefox a lot better than IE anyway.

edit: OK, nevermind then. :-)
                    thanks though...I was a dummy and didnt realize I didnt have winamp...

Comment

Is the game on AM 1400 ?

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                        Is the game on AM 1400 ?
                        no, it's on 99.5.

Comment

Who has the radio link to 99.5

Comment

http://www.yesfm.net/ Just click on the listen live right there on the front page. Make sure you have winamp downloaded and installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad
                              The link is working well but I don't hear much in the crowd? Must be a small one. Otherwise what do those that are on here think of the broadcast so far and the new broadcasters? I like the new features on pre-game and interviews after the period. Getting used to their broadcast style but they sounded pretty good. Looks like VanWagonner will be a bit of a "homer' however. Ellis seems to know his stuff and I like what he adds to the broadcast.

The Truth Is Out There...
                              TBA
                              TBA
                              Since it is an exhibition game that doesn't count towards regular season stats, I wouldn't expect much of a crowd. I haven't been listening a lot, more in and out, but I thought I heard a number under 2000 for attendance.

Definitely like the pre-game show. Little too early to form much of an opinion about the broadcasters.

Comment

Thanks proud. It would not download right and so I went and got my neighbors 7 year old kid and he got it loaded for me..just kidding. Had to re-load a few times until the system connected but am all set now. Always good to start off with a win and now let us see how they do against Tech.

Comment

Working...
                                X