This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Laker Hockey 2009-10

That was a cute trick by Notre Dame. Dress the injured players up as referees and bring them up to the Sault to call the games. When did Jackson become such a whiner?

Comment

I wonder if Schofield and/or Barczuk will get additional punshment from the CCHA? Schofield will surely be missed Friday's game at Miami and will suck even more if he's suspended another game.

I don't know which series was officiated worse, the Ohio State series or this series? I think the UNO series in Omaha might have been bad reffing too.
      Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 01-23-2010, 11:51 PM.
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by michiganmidge View Post
        I hope the Lakers can dig deep and have a better outcome tonight.
        Way to dig deep boys!! Great job hanging in there, especially with such a short bench.

The reffing was awful again. Could NOT believe the diving that was being allowed ... the bad call on Nehring - spraying the goalie - when he did the RIGHT thing by putting on the brakes so as not to run into the goalie ... and numerous other bad calls. And what was with putting a second back up on the clock at the end of the third period giving ND a face-off in the Laker zone? Geesh ...

Beamer was stellar in the shootout and the entire game ... and kudos to Monardo for scoring the winning goal in the shootout, and to Trotman for the regulation goal ... way to go boys!!
        http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

Did the Lakers get traffic out in front of the Notre Dame goalie for a screen or did they allow the goalie to see most the shots?

Comment

The Lakers were scrapping for their lives to just get shots on goal so many were easy saves. The irish goalie did make some nice saves also though.

Three hours of sleep 4 acifects three hours of work and i'm still sick to my stomach about the idiots in stripes this weekend so i am definently calling the ccha office tomorrow.
            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
              The Lakers were scrapping for their lives to just get shots on goal so many were easy saves. The irish goalie did make some nice saves also though.

Three hours of sleep 4 acifects three hours of work and i'm still sick to my stomach about the idiots in stripes this weekend so i am definently calling the ccha office tomorrow.
              Yep. I still don't feel any better today than I did yesterday about that clown show of officiating. So I looked around and found the e-mail address for the director of officiating and gave him a piece of my mind and I suggest that anyone else that thinks those morons should be looking for other employment should too. spiotrowski@ccha.com His name is Steve Piotrowski.

Comment

I'm curious how these suspensions come about. Do you have to be playing against Notre Dame to get consideration?

Comment

Friday game: Can't say as I've ever seen the Lakers have a worse period of hockey than the 2nd. They played decent for about 10-12 minutes at the start of the game but that was about it. They played very tentative all night, all three periods. They stood around and let ND do pretty much what they wanted in the 2nd period. Goalies got very little support. ND just cruised in the 3rd period, although the Lakers did play a little better then.

Saturday game: Lakers played much much better. They looked like they wanted to compete. Generated a lot of shots on goal, but not many tough saves for the ND goalie; most shots were right at him and from further out. I thought they had some great scoring chances from some grade A locations, but missed the net on most of those. And its tougher to score playing without a couple of your top scorers.

Power play didn't look very good either night. A lot of passing and not enough shots on net. Most shots weren't quick enough so the ND goalie was generally always in position. Not enough screening of the goalie. Not enough movement away from the puck. Too many shots from the point are getting too high off the ice making deflections very difficult.

ND has a very good D and they did a good job of tieing up the Lakers in front of the ND net and were quicker with the stick at clearing rebounds.

Yah the refs were bad both nights, moreso Saturday night, but enough has been said about that.

It was nice to see the Lakers bounce back on Saturday, but there are still issues. No scoring from the front line this weekend. Again no PP goals. I'm not going to bother to go back and check stats, but they must be, what, 25-30 PP attempts or so now without a goal.

If they play at Miami in two weeks with the effort they did last night, they have a chance to come out of there with some points.

Comment

There now Piotrowski knows what i feel about their incompitent refs. I feel a little better but man i think this one will linger for a while.

I highly recommend any one else that feels this way to give it a try.
                    BLEED BLUE

Comment

Lakers recruit Dan Radke picked up a natural hat trick in a TC (NAHL) win on Friday night.

Comment

I was watching CCHA weekly and they were talking with the Miami coach and the coach said the one thing that has really helped turn his team around,is getting players at the net and screening out the opposing goalie. I wasn't at the Notre Dame games but have to wonder with 46 shots,were they screen shots or shots that were easy to play by their goalie.

The Miami coach said without screens and players crashing the net,scoring becomes very difficult in the CCHA with so many good goalies playing in the league. Against Miami in 2 weeks. If the Lakers don't screen their goalie or crash the net for rebounds,scoring is going to be next to impossible.

Comment

Okay, this gets a little complicated, but here is a general picture of this upcoming weekend.

Lakers currently have 32 points.

IF...

Ferris @ OSU …OSU wins two (32)

UM/MSU …UM wins two (34), UM wins one, ties next game (33 or 32)

Alaska @ NMU …Alaska wins two (36), wins one, ties next game (35 or 34), splits (33)

UNO @ Notre Dame …ND wins two (35), ND splits (32), ND wins one, ties the other (35 or 34) … UNO wins two (33), tie (with SO win) and win (32)

So, in a “perfect storm weekend”, the Lakers could fall as low as eighth place.

The Lakers need Ferris, MSU, and NMU to sweep their series. And if UNO wins one in regulation and one in a SO, then the Lakers would hold on to fourth place alone.

Let’s hope for the Perfect Storm scenario. But realistically, we may come out of this weekend in 6th place.

Comment

Friday's game was very poor for 10 min. Saturday was the most intensity I have seen in at least 10 years. For us to have 3 key players out and still come out with 2 points was great. Nuter Dame should leave the purses at the bridge next time. If the CCHA comish Tom A**hole (sp. may be off) has time to review a tape for one team and not time to review from the other than that is big brother watching. I know he trys to make sure the big boys are happy so they will not form a big ten group and leave him out in the cold but do not be so obvious.
                            http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/z/zorro1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Yooper_by_choice View Post
                              Friday's game was very poor for 10 min. Saturday was the most intensity I have seen in at least 10 years. For us to have 3 key players out and still come out with 2 points was great. Nuter Dame should leave the purses at the bridge next time. If the CCHA comish Tom A**hole (sp. may be off) has time to review a tape for one team and not time to review from the other than that is big brother watching. I know he trys to make sure the big boys are happy so they will not form a big ten group and leave him out in the cold but do not be so obvious.
                              I agree, I doubt i will ever forget Saturday's game..Taffy was louder than i have ever heard it since i started going to school here..biggest crowd (i believe) of the season..3 forwards including our top 2 leading scorers and one of which who is a captain and our number 1 shootout weapon tossed from the game..5 freshmen in the lineup.. having to deal with some of the most one sided officiating i've seen in a long time...a day after getting smoked 6-1...playing in the most important series of games the Lakers have been involved in in years...It was something special for sure!!

Comment

Hockey weekend across America this weekend and the Lakers are off now that"s a bummer.

I think we should be hearing fairly soon who the goaltender or goaltenders are comeing in for 2010 - 2011.
                                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Working...
                                X