X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Laker Hockey 2009-10

Originally posted by Anchorsaweigh! View Post
    This is a really funny boast....

Uh, since this was posted the team has done better than this prediction....

With 10 more gmes to play!
    Enjoy your winning streak Laker fans, check the schedule. They will be lucky to win 4 more games this season.

The Truth Is Out There

Originally Posted by Truth Squad

Anchors,do you feel better now that you see truth squad posted that and not me.Cute trick Anchors but bad idea to put another name on that posting when the poster signed at the bottom and its number 499 on this thread. if you are going to forge another name on a post,make sure that post isn't on the thread anymore..LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Anchorsaweigh! View Post
      Whats the Perani Cup?? Most point in the season?

It is a point system for the 3 star selections in ccha conference games.
      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
        Enjoy your winning streak Laker fans, check the schedule. They will be lucky to win 4 more games this season.

The Truth Is Out There

Originally Posted by Truth Squad

Anchors,do you feel better now that you see truth squad posted that and not me.Cute trick Anchors but bad idea to put another name on that posting when the poster signed at the bottom and its number 499 on this thread. if you are going to forge another name on a post,make sure that post isn't on the thread anymore..LMAO
        A couple of pages ago you had quoted Truth when he said that line. However, something happened and it didnt have the "originally posted by" box around it. It just had the word "QUOTE" at the end. So it looked like you said it even though you didnt. My guess is that Anchors saw it but didnt notice that it wasnt you that originally said it.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
          A couple of pages ago you had quoted Truth when he said that line. However, something happened and it didnt have the "originally posted by" box around it. It just had the word "QUOTE" at the end. So it looked like you said it even though you didnt. My guess is that Anchors saw it but didnt notice that it wasnt you that originally said it.
          Wasn't my intention..... Sorry.

Just trying to point out that the Lakers have been just a tad more successful than the prediction.

Hope they can take some points from Notre Dame this coming weekend.

Go Lakers

Comment

Huge series again this weekend and the deciding factor may be the fans. Students,you need to get out and get to the game and you need to get your friends who usually don't go pumped up and to the game. Townfolk,you need to leave Friday and Saturday night open and help fill the stands and get your neighbors out as well. You want a winning program ......get out and support it.

Comment

Huge series again this weekend and the deciding factor may be the fans. Students,you need to get out and get to the game and you need to get your friends who usually don't go pumped up and to the game. Townfolk,you need to leave Friday and Saturday night open and help fill the stands and get your neighbors out as well. You want a winning program ......get out and support it.
              I 100 percent could not agree more!

Comment

yeah!
                I'm driving 500 miles to see these games! I hope people in the Soo will drive 2 or 3 miles to see them.

Comment

Both teams played exceptionally dirty with awful reffing. Good games though
                  NMU Puckhead: 2005-2007. Part-time 2007-Present
                  NMU Alpha Male 2005-2007

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS- 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010

WIN OR LOSE CATS BOOZE

Comment

Congratulations to the Lakers who are ranked number 17 in Inside College Hockey's Power 20 poll this week, i anticipate writing later today that LSSU will also be ranked in the USCHO poll when it comes out this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogerfan View Post
                      yeah!
                      I'm driving 500 miles to see these games! I hope people in the Soo will drive 2 or 3 miles to see them.
                      Yeah it would be nice to see over 3000 at both games. These are huge games for both teams. Notre Dame will be no pushover and it might help to get a little bit of a lift from the crowd if they need it.

I didn't think we would be talking about top four and a first-round bye potentially at this point but we are and it is great. 10 games left, 6 on the road and after this weekend only one home regular season series left. I think if the Lakers can win 6 out of 10, with maybe one or two ties and or shootout win they will be top 4. Of the teams behind them I worry the most about Michigan here are the schedules excluding Miami (who I believe can't be caught) and the ones in the hunt for top-4

LSSU: Notre Dame, at Miami, Ferris, at Alaska, at NMU

FSU: Michigan (home and home) at Ohio State, NMU, at LSSU, MSU (home and home), Western (home and home)

MSU: Ohio State, Michigan (home and home), at Alaska, Ferris (home and home), BG (home and home)

Alaska: Miami, at NMU, MSU, at Ohio State, LSSU,

Michigan: Ferris (home and home), MSU (home and home), BG (home and home), at UNO, NMU, Notre Dame (home and home)

Notre Dame: at LSSU, UNO, at Western, at BG, Michigan (home and home)

Hard to tell who has the toughest schedule, LSSU is very tough with 3 tough trips and Ferris at home, MSU looks average, Alaska gets tough teams at home. Lakers can really put an anchor, so to speak, on 4th with a sweep. What I am doing is thinking out loud and who would have thought this would be even a discussion back in October. Keep up the good work Lakers and way to go Coach Roque and crew!

Get out and support your Lakers! TBA you making the trip up this weekend? ha ha

Comment

Michigan has 2 games in hand on us and is starting to surge somewhat so I don't see us finishing ahead of them. However, with 4 or more points this weekend I would be confident that we will finish ahead of ND.

We are getting more consistent play from BMW and he has kept us in some close games. As others have posted we are winning games now that in the recent past might have gotten away from us.

It's good to see the confidence level rise in the team. They are now seeing their hard work pay off in the win column. I agree about the crowd. It would be great to see 3000+ each night. I saw that MSU drew just over 4,000 for ND. Remember that string of sold out crowds they used to have?

Comment

Originally posted by MeridianStreet View Post
                          Michigan has 2 games in hand on us and is starting to surge somewhat so I don't see us finishing ahead of them. However, with 4 or more points this weekend I would be confident that we will finish ahead of ND.
                          Good to see your program back into the CCHA race. Didn't think of it much at the time, but Michigan's sweep at the Soo is huge right now.

Michigan is taking two steps forward and one step back each week. All types of "shoulda-coulda's", so to speak, even if they are 8-3-1 in the last 12 games. I peeked at the remaining schedule for all the teams, and I have to say that LSSU's is pretty daunting. Notre Dame, I believe is the team that people should watch out for since I think they have all of their injured d-men back.

Here is how I think it will shake out:

1. Miami
                          2. Ferris
                          3. MSU
                          4. Notre Dame
                          5. Michigan (and I'm figuring a 7-5 finish)
                          6. Alaska
                          7. LSSU
                          8. NMU
                          9. OSU
                          10. UNO
                          11. BG
                          12. WMU

The schedules for all of the current top six teams are difficult, anything can happen.

Good luck.

Comment

It is great to see the Lakers in 4th place. I saw them play at the RPI tournament and find it hard to believe the team I saw lose two games in shootouts are now one of the hottest teams in the country. It seems like the Lakers were outplayed in both games, as much as the radio announcer didn't dare say that . They were outshot almost 2-to-1 in Saturday's game but they keep getting wins and that is a good sign. Now Notre Dame comes into town for a pair of games. I cannot be there but am thinking of getting the B2 Network for the games. Do they have their own announcers are do you get the radio guys? Never gotten it so I don't know how it works?

Comment

It is a tough road for the Lakers to finish the season, no doubt about that. Its a chance for the rest of the league to find out if LSSU is for real-or not.

I wanted to pass along this website, which is good at showing the percent chance the Lakers (and the rest of NCAA hockey) has at a league standings, and NCAA chances.

Playoff Status
                              Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                              1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                              2006-2007: 15-24-2
                              2007-2008: 20-20-4
                              2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NY Foghorn View Post
                                I cannot be there but am thinking of getting the B2 Network for the games. Do they have their own announcers are do you get the radio guys? Never gotten it so I don't know how it works?
                                The announcers are the normal radio guys. The quality is ok, a lot of other teams have replays on their B2 systems which LSSU does not. I have not had any trouble with the feed freezing and cutting out like other years.

Comment

Working...
                                X