X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Laker Hockey 2009-10

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
    Right after him and Blais shook hands Jim had choic words for a ref and it looked like for Blais as well. I don't know if it was over the call on Scrymjour or what. The winning goal was scored on a missed offside but if they were trying to make up for it with that call then it's just as week.

Yea, the penalty with 1:20 left in the game was definitely a make-up call. There was nothing there that was even close to being warranted a penalty.

Although it never gets called, I thought the missed off-sides play could have been interference on UNO. The Omaha player clearly pushed the Laker off-sides and it wasn't even close to the puck. Maybe that's what confused the linesman.

Comment

Rick Schofield is the leading point getter for the Perani Cup so far.
      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
        Yea, the penalty with 1:20 left in the game was definitely a make-up call. There was nothing there that was even close to being warranted a penalty.

Although it never gets called, I thought the missed off-sides play could have been interference on UNO. The Omaha player clearly pushed the Laker off-sides and it wasn't even close to the puck. Maybe that's what confused the linesman.

Great point Dopey i thought the same thing and there was a crowd of players along the line there so you can't blame the linesman it's just funny one of the other three didn't notice or call it. It's a win though but the Lakers better come out loaded for bear saturday night because uno will have a bad taste lingering in there mouth after tonights game. Johnny Scrymgeour was one of the best players on the ice again tonight.

Kudos to Jim on the tirade it made me feel better so thanks Jim.
        BLEED BLUE

Comment

Great win by the Lakers. They looked a little off and they got lucky but a win is a win and a one goal game at that. Lakers teams of the past five years probably would of lost this game.

Also Lakers are in 4th place right now with Alaska. That's great!
          Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 01-15-2010, 11:25 PM.
          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

If the refs are going to blow a call,than I'am glad it went the Lakers way and not UNO's. Just curious,the linemans who blew the call,was he one of the 3 stars for the night?

Comment

Maybe the refs just need to WATCH the game and make the calls ... and not try to MAKE the game ... I'm just sayin' ...
              http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

Originally posted by michiganmidge View Post
                Maybe the refs just need to WATCH the game and make the calls ... and not try to MAKE the game ... I'm just sayin' ...

I thought the officiating for the game was actually pretty good. They let the teams play. It was a pretty clean game. A linesman missed one call and a ref decided to even things out.

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
                  A linesman missed one call and a ref decided to even things out.
                  That's 'making' a game, not 'calling' a game. I like it when they let them play, but they shouldn't be making up for missing a call by making a bad one.

Comment

What a great game tonight! Very exciting to watch these two teams battle it out. Will Acton had a great night with two goals and an assist.

Overall a sweet sweep over UNO!

Comment

I'm so pumped, especially over an overtime win even if UNO really outplayed us at times. Beamer was understanding again even though he did give up a REALLY weak goal. We definitely didn't deserve all six points this weekend, but we'll take em.

Such a shame with the weak attendances. We have a the best team since probably the late '90s and people don't care to come. Michigan Tech with such a horrible team and in a smaller town is outdrawing us. Hopefully the sweep and Notre Dame coming to town next weekend will get people to finally support this team.

We are now in sole possession of 4th place now with Alaska winning but only in a shootout. Nice!
                      Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 01-16-2010, 09:31 PM.
                      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Other "Lakers to be" highlights from tonight: Colin Campbell had 2G and 2A in a Vaughan victory and Kelin Ainsworth had 1G and 2A in a Traverse City win.
                        Last edited by Bill; 01-16-2010, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose.Lakers found a way to win because they are becoming a good team.In years past,the Lakers would have lost a game like this tonight and probably last night as well.

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                            Rick Schofield is the leading point getter for the Perani Cup so far.
                            Whats the Perani Cup?? Most point in the season?

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                              Enjoy your winning streak Laker fans, check the schedule. They will be lucky to win 4 more games this season.

The Truth Is Out There
                              This is a really funny boast....

Uh, since this was posted the team has done better than this prediction....

With 10 more gmes to play!

Comment

Originally posted by Anchorsaweigh! View Post
                                This is a really funny boast....

Uh, since this was posted the team has done better than this prediction....

With 10 more gmes to play!
                                Anchors,just curious. How did I post that and its signed by Truth squad.

The truth is out there is the signature of the chatter Truth Squad. Thats a neat trick

Comment

Working...
                                X