X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Laker Hockey 2009-10

Originally posted by SmartAxe View Post
    So, I guess it's pretty evident that Paula still trolls the threads to get her info when writing articles.
    To be fair, SaveUAHHockey.com and other sources hammered down on that interview, too. Admittedly, we found out about it here.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

When UAH is ultimately admitted to the CCHA, I'll try to make at least one road trip to Huntsville to see the Lakers play them. Granted I'm about 5 hours closer to Huntsville than Laker fans in the Soo area.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        To be fair, SaveUAHHockey.com and other sources hammered down on that interview, too. Admittedly, we found out about it here.

GFM
        And there's no problem with that, really, since this report had some credibility behind it by being media driven. I was actually drawing attention to how she's done that in the past and got burned, yet the practice continues.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartAxe View Post
          And there's no problem with that, really, since this report had some credibility behind it by being media driven. I was actually drawing attention to how she's done that in the past and got burned, yet the practice continues.

Hopefully gfmorris and the rest of the UAH gang will soon be CCHA members and learn to dislike Paula like the rest of us.

I was a bit surprised to learn that UAH was offering to pay some of the travel costs for visiting teams. You'd think Lake State would jump at the chance to add another team to the league willing to offset travel costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogerfan View Post
            I was a bit surprised to learn that UAH was offering to pay some of the travel costs for visiting teams. You'd think Lake State would jump at the chance to add another team to the league willing to offset travel costs.
            We may have. It could very well be a few of the other CCHA teams holding things up.

Comment

Who is "Paula"?

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
                Who is "Paula"?
                Paula Weston. She writes a CCHA column for USCHO.

Comment

Hopefully gfmorris and the rest of the UAH gang will soon be CCHA members and learn to dislike Paula like the rest of us.

Understand that I've dealt with Paula as a fellow USCHO columnist [CHA in 2002-3] and like her okay. That doesn't mean I always agree with her.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    Understand that I've dealt with Paula as a fellow USCHO columnist [CHA in 2002-3] and like her okay. That doesn't mean I always agree with her.

GFM
                    It's not a matter of agreeing with. It's a matter of multiple factual errors in every single thing she writes.

Comment

When is the first day of unofficial (Captains) practice? Should be fairly soon. School begins in a week.

Comment

The first Jim Roque Show on 1400 is on Monday the 31st. I bet he'll say then when the practices start.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad
                          Agree 100% and that I think is why Crawford and Francis turned them down. They were determined to get their own people in there and those two didn't want any part of it. Ties that bind and some coaches are thrown to the wolves, while others are protected.

The Truth Is Out There....
                          TBA
                          TBA
                          Oh geez ... I'm glad this one has been put to bed. I called it a L-O-N-G time ago - VanWagoner and Ellis. Crawford and Francis were NEVER a consideration.
                          http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

I was listening to the "Coffee with the Coach" podcast, and they mentioned that they would try to accept questions from listeners during the Laker Hockey Show.

This looks like the link:

http://forum4.aimoo.com/LSSUlakersli...-1-105407.html
                            Last edited by Mogerfan; 08-30-2009, 11:05 AM.

Comment

I was listening to the "Coffee with the Coach" podcast, and they mentioned that they would try to accept questions from listeners during the Laker Hockey Show.

Very cool feature.

Comment

First show is Aug 31? Time? Is it being streamed?

Comment

Working...
                                X