X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Laker Hockey 2009-10

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
    Unless you include the posts that Truth Squad makes posed as NY Foghorn....
    This Truth Squad person sure gets a lot of credit on here. I can assure you Dopey Baker I am not him or her, I am a Laker hockey fan that wants the team to win and enjoys discussing the in's and out's of the Laker program. I am very happy the Lakers are playing as well as they are and look forward to more wins and more discussion.

The fact that Truth Squad, and others on here share my opinion on certain aspects of Laker hockey (I assume you mean the radio guy and how he can't even hold a match let alone a candle to Crawford) doesn't mean I am posing as Truth Squad.

Give me a break and I am so sorry that my opinions and posts caused you to form these conspiracy theories. Must have hit a nerve hey there sport?

Decent weekend for the Lakers 2 points and 4 big home games coming up. Keep it up Lake State and Coach Roque should be in line for CCHA coach of the year!

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
      I was surprised to read that Roque felt the team did not play laker hockey and if they had,they could have won 5 or all the points this past weekend. In years gone by,Roque would have been happy playing even with a team like MI State. It is good to see Roque not the happy all the time coach he seemed to be in past years.

Cassiani and MacVoy really need to get going on putting pucks in the net. If they can start scoring,Lakers will be tough to beat.
      You are right on the money. I love the fact that this team isn't happy by just playing well or giving it their all. They want to win, they expect to win, and are winning. Watching the game Friday they look like a confident team, even when not playing their best. This team has the talent to be in the top 6. Teams behind them are gunning for them but they should have their sights set on top 4. They can catch Alaska and get that 1st round bye. The way I see it win the games at home, and they are all winnable. Say 4 of 6 against Ferris, Nebraska, Notre Dame. On the road trips at Alaska, Miami, NMU. Get 3 of those and top 6 for sure, maybe close to 4th but will need some help.

This team is moving in the right direction and lots on here had doubts about whether this was the right coach or if the Lakers could be a top tier team. I think those answers have been met and both questions have been answered.

Funny how discussions about the new radio announcer are some of the main topic of conversation on here, rather than ripping the Lakers and their coaches, popular the past few seasons around this time. I guess that is progress sort of anyway. Keep it up guys you are playing great and fun to watch this year. I hope that is enough truth for you there squad.

Lets get some fannies in the seats the next two weeks what do you say? The size of our crowds this year have been pretty weak!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Prof View Post
        You are right on the money. I love the fact that this team isn't happy by just playing well or giving it their all. They want to win, they expect to win, and are winning. Watching the game Friday they look like a confident team, even when not playing their best. This team has the talent to be in the top 6. Teams behind them are gunning for them but they should have their sights set on top 4. They can catch Alaska and get that 1st round bye. The way I see it win the games at home, and they are all winnable. Say 4 of 6 against Ferris, Nebraska, Notre Dame. On the road trips at Alaska, Miami, NMU. Get 3 of those and top 6 for sure, maybe close to 4th but will need some help.

This team is moving in the right direction and lots on here had doubts about whether this was the right coach or if the Lakers could be a top tier team. I think those answers have been met and both questions have been answered.

Funny how discussions about the new radio announcer are some of the main topic of conversation on here, rather than ripping the Lakers and their coaches, popular the past few seasons around this time. I guess that is progress sort of anyway. Keep it up guys you are playing great and fun to watch this year. I hope that is enough truth for you there squad.

Lets get some fannies in the seats the next two weeks what do you say? The size of our crowds this year have been pretty weak!
        I'm hoping to make it up to the Soo for the games next weekend against UNO. Not 100% sure yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Prof View Post

The new radio announcer is a topic of conversation in more places then just here but i see your point and i agree with you.

The team is playing great as a season ticket holder it's is the best they have played for a strech in a long time and i love it. The teams of the last couple years were inconsistant and that was their down fall they would play a inspired half or 2/3 of a game and then the wheels just seemed to fall off. I have not been a roque supporter because of the inconsistant play of the team and his responses to the media i admit it but i am big enough to admit something is clicking and i give him my respect. I have never wanted any thing other then the Lakers to simply suceed and they sure look like they are on the right track.

So i say this, way to go Jim Roque and way to go Lakers i'm proud of the work your doing and i'm always a Laker........ now go get some.
          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Ferris is looking like the real deal this year. They took two from Notre Dame and have the most wins in the nation right now.

Comment

Does anyone have a link to video of BMW's save on Friday night?

Comment

Truth,after 5 years it is now Roques program but Anzalone did right in bringing Jim back it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad
                  Things are going Roque's and the Lakers way right now and you have to give a lot of the credit to Frank Anzalone who got the program back on the right track, for the second time, before being bounced. This might surprise a lot of people on here but I wish the Lakers nothing but the best despite my critical review of a lot of issues in the past few years.

So more people are not happy with the new broadcaster? Is it the fact he is not to the level of Crawford or Anzalone or is it something else? Or the fact that is a glorified cheerleader who thinks he is doing a stand-up routine rather than calling a fair hockey game? Or do they love him as much as people say I do.

The Truth Is Out There....
                  TBA

The not so positive press is probably warranted to some point, although it is probably tougher to follow the act of high quality announcers that came before him than most of us are giving him credit for. It is a little ironic i must admit though that after years of pretty stoic broadcasting and subsequent reserved success on the ice that the one year where the Lakers broadcast team switches to a more excitable style that the team correlates with an exciting year to this point...We all have to deal with him during the away games and the out of towners must deal with him almost all of the time but to all of the students and townfolk complaining about the radio broadcast all i have to say is if you would get to Taffy and see the games for yourselves then the problem would be solved for you! Here's hoping that after the most successful stretch of Laker hockey in awhile that the Lakers come home this weekend to a big home crowd to show them how much they mean to this school and town, Go Lakers!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Truth Squad View Post
                    Things are going Roque's and the Lakers way right now and you have to give a lot of the credit to Frank Anzalone who got the program back on the right track

Oh, man...coffee out of nose and on to computer screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad
                      Crawford and Francis Anzalone called a good game and a fair game.

Can anyone tell me when Francis Anzalone worked radio consistently for the Lakers?

I know he did a few games here and there, but was he ever a regular play-by-play guy?

Comment

Francis only did a few games here and there. He was never a regular.

I cant believe that the radio guys are the main topic of conversation here considering the recent play by the Lakers. I think everyone is aware of the opinions our there. Lets drop it and move on to stuff that really matters.

To say that we should give kudos to Frank for the teams current state is laughable. This is Jim's team and Jim's alone. Frank may have brought some discipline and conditioning to LSSU in his 2nd tenure..but he sure as heck didnt bring wins.

Comment

One thing that has surprised me this year is the offensive numbers the Lakers are putting up.

I was somewhat dismissive of Jim's recruiting practices, arguing that the staff should have been spending more time scouring the USHL/NAHL ranks but players like Schofield, Nhering, Acton and Power sure have proved me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                            Francis only did a few games here and there. He was never a regular.

I cant believe that the radio guys are the main topic of conversation here considering the recent play by the Lakers. I think everyone is aware of the opinions our there. Lets drop it and move on to stuff that really matters.

To say that we should give kudos to Frank for the teams current state is laughable. This is Jim's team and Jim's alone. Frank may have brought some discipline and conditioning to LSSU in his 2nd tenure..but he sure as heck didnt bring wins.
                            Your right on 100% .
                            BLEED BLUE

Comment

I sure hope that there is a big croud at the games this weekend with the way the Lakers are playing they deserve a big croud to cheer them on.
                              The soo Eagles are playing at the Pullar friday night so saturday should be a little bigger croud.

All the freshman have played well to great this year so someone is definetly doing something right in the recruiting end. The ones that i think are comeing in next year should help right out of the gates as well. Lain, Jean, Campbell, Sternberg are in the size and skill that seems to be our style now. I heard Roque say that Marble needs to show that he's the man where he's playing so it may be a couple years down the road for him. Also i heard Roque say that the last home series a goalie was there for a visit and also that they were eyeing a couple other ones that were playing in tournaments during the break.

I expect a great weekend of hockey at the Taffy this weekend and i would not miss it for nothing. Six points this weekend is possible but UNO does have a talented team and a wonderful coach nothing should come easy.

GO LAKERS !!!!!!!
                              BLEED BLUE

Comment

I hope MacVoy and Cassiani step up and start burying the puck into the back of the net. If these two get turned loose,Lakers will be a very tough team the rest of this season and including post-season. I hope they get some extra work in on their offensive game.

Comment

Working...
                                X