• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Laker Hockey 2009-10

LSSU Press Release on the recruits for next season (thus far):

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h..._2009_recruits

Comment

Colin Campbell might just be the best recruit the Lakers have aquired in recent years. When was the last time a Laker recruit represented team Canada and was one of the leading scorer of his respective junior league at the ripe ole age of 18.

Its been a while I think.

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
        Colin Campbell might just be the best recruit the Lakers have aquired in recent years. When was the last time a Laker recruit represented team Canada and was one of the leading scorer of his respective junior league at the ripe ole age of 18.

Its been a while I think.
        Agree, especially if he's a strong skater. I haven't heard much about that aspect of his game yet. He's a very good player on a so-so team. The Lakers have a history of recruiting good players from not so good teams, with Darrin Madeley the example most commonly given of that.
        Last edited by Bill; 12-11-2009, 05:46 PM.

Comment

The last time the Lakers had a road sweep was March of 07 when they swept Miami in the 2nd round of the CCHA tournament.

Comment

LSSU wins 5-1. One of the best Laker hockey games I have seen in several years. Everything seemed to be clicking today. The team came out with a jump in their step. Power play, penalty kill, passing, hitting, goaltending...everything was solid. A couple of fights provided some extra entertainment for fans. BMW was less than a minute away from a shutout. Sets up for an interesting rematch tomorrow night.

Comment

What a fun game to be at! The Lakers for all intents and purposes beat the sh*t out of Northern, this games was never in question from the start. Keep it up tommorow boys!

Comment

With losses by OSU and Notre Dame the Lakers now jump to 5th in the standings for the time being. Need to get at least a point tomorrow. Northern will come out strong I suspect so the Lakers will need to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                  With losses by OSU and Notre Dame the Lakers now jump to 5th in the standings for the time being. Need to get at least a point tomorrow. Northern will come out strong I suspect so the Lakers will need to do the same.
                  Yeah, great night standings wise. Great play all around. Great game by Schofield, too bad he didn't get the hat trick. For the first time in years, Lakers are getting consistent goaltending. Beamer came up big early.

Lakers are 5-1-2 in their last eight games now. Very impressive, but Roque must have his boys ready tomorrow cause Kyle's NMU squad will be and they will play really angry.
                  Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 12-11-2009, 09:46 PM.
                  LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Sounds as if they never backed up and that is what we have been wanting to see. Good win and play it again Sam tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
                      What a fun game to be at! The Lakers for all intents and purposes beat the sh*t out of Northern, this games was never in question from the start. Keep it up tommorow boys!
                      Lakers played very well, but to say the game was never in doubt might be a bit much. Game was 2-0 going into the third with NMU starting a 2-minute PP. Granted NMU never got any closer and gave up some PP goals from there, but the game was close until then.
                      Embrace the hate.

Comment

The NMU fans sure were quiet tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
                          The NMU fans sure were quiet tonight.
                          A 5-0 game for 59 minutes will do that. Students are usually the most vocal ones and this series is bad timing for many to make the trip. Also, traveling to away games for students seems to have dropped off since I was at NMU. Not sure why that is but it is sad to see. We used to bring 10 or so to each game that we could at LSSU and brought some nice groups to Tech.

I will also say that this game brought out more annoying/drunk students to the other end of the arena. I hope that is just a 1-game thing, because listening to the two idiots behind me was really getting on my nerves because either they knew almost nothing about hockey, or they were drunk.

Other than that, I'm getting to old to cheer like I used to.
                          Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                            Also, traveling to away games for students seems to have dropped off since I was at NMU. Not sure why that is but it is sad to see.
                            The economy and soaring costs probably have a lot to do with it.

Comment

When was the last time the Lakers recorded two sweeps in a row? While I'm asking questions, what is the record for wins in a row? Winning two on the road last weekend was impressive, even if it was against a cellar-dweller!

Comment

Originally posted by FRICKER View Post
                                When was the last time the Lakers recorded two sweeps in a row?
                                November 25-26,2005 against Robert Morris/December 2-3, 2005 against Alaska Fairbanks.

However for sweeping two CCHA foes in a row, I looked back at the records here on USCHO dating back to the 1998-1999 season and I couldn't find a single time where the Lakers swept CCHA teams back to back. So it's been at least 11-12 years since the Lakers have swept CCHA teams back to back. Let's sure hope the Lakers end that Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X