X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Laker Hockey 2009-10

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
    Neil Diamond and Bill, please don't waste your time responding to Truth on any topic surrounding any of the Anzalones. You have both gotten your points across being politically correct unlike Truth and the rest of us thank you for that. But this is a Laker HOCKEY thread, to talk about this season's team. Whether Anzalone got the shaft or not, it's not relevant because it happend years and years and years ago. If Truth Squad wants to talk about the hockey that THIS YEAR's team is playing then i welcome him but i doubt I am the only one who is tired of reading this garbage about the Anzalone's.... that is a tired, largely unrelevant topic.
    That's kind of the point I was making in the last sentence of my previous post. Let's move on.

Comment

Anchors i like to talk about Lakers past, present and future on this site.

Truth i just don't get what your talking about. I have made it clear numerouse times on here that i'm not a supporter of Roque but i see no sense in constantly drubbing up negative bull**** all the time. I only want the team to have sucess, that does not mean that i am blinded or look at the big picture without being objective. I think Anzalone did a lot for the program and university, he is deserving of my respect. The big thing that i just can't figure out is why you think we are ok if the team finnishes in the bottom 3rd, as if we have the power to hire or fire the coach. What do you have against the soo and who was your son that played for the lakers? I can only hope you send Mclean and Dunbar emails messages like you post on here because they are the ones you really have a beef with.

The Lakers need to come out like they are playing a rival because Northern will.
      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
        Anchors i like to talk about Lakers past, present and future on this site.

The Lakers need to come out like they are playing a rival because Northern will.
        Perky,I am in agreement with you. People should feel free to talk about past ,present,and future and no one has to read anything that they don"t want to. If people don't like what Truth writes,don"t read it. Lakers have to come out big this weekend to get themselves back in the middle of things.

Comment

sm2pk, Perky, I never said you shouldnt be able to talk about the Lakers past, etc. on this site I would just prefer you didn't do it on this thread. The title is Laker Hockey 2009-10, not Laker Hockey History, I would appreciate it if you would just start another thread (and feel free to take Truth Squad with you) when you want to have the same conversation over and over and over and over about Frank Anzalone and when/how/why/etc he was fired.

sm2pk. you're right, i shouldn't have to read anything i don't want to, which is why i should only be reading about this season's team on this thread.

Comment

This site does have an ignore feature. Go to FAQ and it will tell you how to do it. Just enter the screen names you want to ignore and their posts will not be visible to you.

Comment

Then there is no sence asking or talking about recruits for upcomeing years on this thread either.
              BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                Then there is no sence asking or talking about recruits for upcomeing years on this thread either.
                But what if they commit in 2009-10?
                Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                  But what if they commit in 2009-10?
                  thank you nmu 27, for understanding my point

Comment

The Lakers recruiting for next season should be complete after one or two more commitments. For sure they will be bringing in another goalie. I think most of us have been assuming they would bring in two defensemen for next season, to replace Gysbers and Kaunisto. They have one commitment at D so far. But it sounds like the coaches are happy with the play and improvement of Kyle Pobur, when he is called upon, to the extent that they may or may not bring in a second D next season. Even though they are set at forward, they now have the option of bringing in another forward if they find one they like well enough, still bring in another D, or not bring in any additional guys other than the goalie.

Comment

Bill, have I heard you say previously that the Lakers have one goalie that verbally committed for the future, possibly from Honeybaked?

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
                        Bill, have I heard you say previously that the Lakers have one goalie that verbally committed for the future, possibly from Honeybaked?
                        Yes, Tyler Marble is the guy. He is currently playing for Traverse City of the NAHL. He's a bit of an unknown quantity at this point. Played HS Hockey for Detroit Catholic Central. I don't think he has proven himself yet to the extent that he can be counted on to help the Lakers next season. In fact, he's the backup goalie at TC this season. I think the Laker coaches see him as possibly being able to contribute a couple of years from now. Whether that is as a number 1 or 2 goalie, or just the number 3 guy, remains to be seen. The Heisenberg recruit site has him committing to the Lakers for next season, but I think that is questionable. He probably needs at least another season in Juniors to get more ice time and improve. If he does come in next season, it would be as the number 3 goalie. I think someone posted quite some time ago that Jim Roque knows his dad or something like that, so there may be some connection that pointed him to the Lakers. I doubt the coaches have promised him much if any scholarship money yet, since he still has to show he can play well at a higher level. Regardless of when he comes to LSSU, they will be bringing in another goalie next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          Yes, Tyler Marble is the guy. He is currently playing for Traverse City of the NAHL. He's a bit of an unknown quantity at this point. Played HS Hockey for Detroit Catholic Central. I don't think he has proven himself yet to the extent that he can be counted on to help the Lakers next season. In fact, he's the backup goalie at TC this season. I think the Laker coaches see him as possibly being able to contribute a couple of years from now. Whether that is as a number 1 or 2 goalie, or just the number 3 guy, remains to be seen. The Heisenberg recruit site has him committing to the Lakers for next season, but I think that is questionable. He probably needs at least another season in Juniors to get more ice time and improve. If he does come in next season, it would be as the number 3 goalie. I think someone posted quite some time ago that Jim Roque knows his dad or something like that, so there may be some connection that pointed him to the Lakers. I doubt the coaches have promised him much if any scholarship money yet, since he still has to show he can play well at a higher level. Regardless of when he comes to LSSU, they will be bringing in another goalie next season.

Thanks for the good info Bill (as always). Interesting profile on this kid, plays for Honeybaked, one of the top AAA squads in the midwest, then plays for Detroit Catholic Central one of the top high school hockey programs in the midwest (thanks in no small part to their recruiting) and now goes to the NAHL where he theoretically should excel and ends up playing backup with very ugly numbers 4.38 and .852 save percentage.

By comparison, C.J. Motte, who was TC's starting goalie last year ( and who lives about 20 minutes away from me back home...let me also take this oppurtunity to gloat and point out that there are 3 players from my area in the USHL this year and i know the other 2 personally, my good friend Reed Seckel on Green Bay and Jack Campbell a team USA goalie who made waves 2 weeks ago by decommitting to Michigan and announcing he will sign with Windsor of the OHL at the end of this season) put up numbers of 2.30 GAA and .918 save percentage playing in the NAHL last year. Motte is now the starter for Waterloo in the USHL and hasn't fared as well with a 3.98 and .881 save %.

The USHL obviously isn't as strong as NCAA hockey so it is worrisome that a goalie who dominated the NAHL is struggling in a level of hockey that doesn't compare to the level that Marble is going to be competing at for the Lakers, when Marble isn't even even starting in a league that Motte excelled in. Is comparing these two goalies and their numbers a very scientific way to determine the value of Marble going forward? No, but it is certainly something to think about.

Comment

Concerning a goalie for next season i did some digging and there are 7 undisputed starting goalies and 2 getting a 50/50 split of the time for USHL team who are uncommited for next year (this doesn't include Youngstown' starter, who is only 16). :

Tyler Groesnick (Cedar Rapids '89),
                            Eric Mihalik (Des Moines '91),
                            Steve Summerhays (Green Bay '90)
                            Casey DeSmith (Indiana '91)
                            Jeff Teglia (Omaha '91)
                            Matt Skoff (Sioux City '91)
                            Lino Chimienti (Sioux Falls '91)
                            Carsen Chubak (Tri City '89)
                            C.J. Motte (Waterloo) 91,

With the vast majority of the recruiting concerning the next 2 seasons already done, whether it be freshmen/sophomores already on the team or recruits on the way this is a golden oppurtunity to expend as much as their recruiting efforts as it takes to get one of these goalies to come to the Soo. The '89s and the '90 Summerhays, (who i've seen play in person and passed the eye test) should recieve most of the attention at first although the virtual guarantee of a backup position and possibility of 3 years as a starter at a CCHA school could very possibly convince one of the '91 goalies to come out a year earlier than they may have originally planned. Almost all of these kids are good sized kids with very solid numbers, (Motte being an exception, his numbers a a little subpar) and getting a starting goalie from the top junior league in the United States could be a huge signing for this program as a whole, not to mention would very likely give the Lakers a starting caliber goalie for up to 3 years after BMW graduates

Comment

Just for fun:

http://www.myspace.com/frankanzalone
                              Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Interesting Frank Anzalone article:

http://www.qctimes.com/sports/hockey...cc4c002e0.html

and video:

http://www.qctimes.com/sports/hockey...tml?mode=video

Comment

Working...
                                X