X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Laker Hockey 2009-10

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
    I was not very familiar with LSSU hockey but know there is a great tradition. I was impressed by your team's effort tonight despite the lack of scoring. They played hard for 65 minutes and Union was fortunate to get the tie and shootout win. I also enjoyed meeting and speaking with some Laker fans. Good luck the rest of the way.

Here is some video with the shootout and and postgame interviews.

http://www.dailygazette.com/videos/2009/nov/27/319/

Thanks for the video. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad
      Yes Lets Go Lakers!!!!!! What a great performance last night and you were oh so close. Right there a couple of bounces and I can us finishing in the top 3. Coach doing a great job with the team year in and year out.

VanWaggonor the new broadcaster simply the best and very very fair and even critical on the Lakers when he has too.

GO LAKERS in the consolation game today and another solid season!
      Why so cynical? Really, why so cynical? You have a forum to anonymously post your reasons, so please, go ahead and do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        Why so cynical? Really, why so cynical? You have a forum to anonymously post your reasons, so please, go ahead and do so.
        If she actually believed what she wrote, she wouldn't be deleting her own posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
          This person (Truth Squad) is either a ardent Anzalone worshiper or someone who is not truly a Laker fan. He/she is a troll and I suggest we no longer feed them. I would also suggest putting them on ignore...but they have pretty much done that for us by immediately deleting posts before we can point out how wrong they are.
          Last edited by Proud2baLaker; 11-29-2009, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the positive reply. It was a real defensive struggle for who would make the first error allowing a score. In that respect both teams finished flawless. Union has a solid squad also. Good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

Reminder, RPI TV is streaming today's 3rd place game featuring LSSU vs Bentley on Ustream:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/rpi-tv...all-and-hockey
              RPI Class of 2012
              Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

This is a nice feed, thanks. Lakers just scored on a 5-on-3 to tie it up with Bentley at 2-2 with 17:00 left in the 2nd.

Comment

That was a wasted weekend. Two goals on a total of 81 shots and two shootouts that they looked horrific on. Jim Roque just isn"t a winner and his players improve very little under his leadership and this year is no different than the last few years. They can"t win in overtime,they can"t handle shootouts,they can"t score when they have a huge shot advantage,they can"t maintain third period leads,they can"t score when they are shooting at a wide open net,but the good thing will be said by Roque. ...we just need to learn to finish off the plays and the goals will go in. Bowling Green will take both games if the Lakers don"t wake up.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad
                    The thing is people keep giving Roque the benefit of the doubt and I understand why. I will agree with people again on the Laker Hockey Show that they really played well and were right there. Losing to Union and Bentley is right there and things are really good.

People say you know what things are getting better with this coach.

I watched the feed and I missed hearing the local radio guys. It was good to see others opinion of Lake State and they were impressed. I am sure not much different with the current crew. This would also be happening under a different coach or announcer.
                    Truth, you seemed to have changed your tone.

Comment

Truth this is for you.
                      I can honestly say I do not know anyone in the soo that gives Jim Roque the benefit of the doubt. I mean i really don't, every where I go if the lakers are a topic of conversation it is usually something like what is he doing to the players or when are they going to find someone who can coach.
                      As far as the radio personalities go I was a little put out that they were not a little more hard edged and critical, but i do think they are simply doing what they have to do and try and give some kind of hope for the program. I think they will only improve as time goes on. But i do miss BC .
                      Truth the ones you should be venting your concerns to is the AD and President but when you do include your real name so they take you serious as I can tell you from personal experiance they get enough anonymous email that they can not take serious.
                      So I feel all I can do is simply be a fan and support the Lakers as much as possible not because I am a blind sheep but because I consider myself a life long Laker fan. So i say this........

LETS GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Let's look on the bright side. Lakers are unbeaten in 4 of of the five games. Sure they should of won at least one game this weekend, but they didn't lose any either. Either way Lakers must play better if they want any success against BGSU who played Notre Dame tough this weekend, beating them in a shootout and nearly taking them to a shootout. Bowling Green is riding momentum and if the Lakers aren't ready, they will get burned.
                        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Bud Cooper passed away sunday. All of us on here will forever be in his debt.

Thank you Bud for all you have done. God bless you.
                          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                            Bud Cooper passed away sunday. All of us on here will forever be in his debt.

Thank you Bud for all you have done. God bless you.
                            I would agree. This is a big loss to Laker athletics and Lake Superior State University. There was no bigger booster than Bud.

Imagine.......starting a hockey program and ending up hiring a guy who would become the winningest coach in college hockey history.

Comment

Imagine.......starting a hockey program and ending up hiring a guy who would become the winningest coach in college hockey history.[/QUOTE]

Exactly Meridianstreet and he never coached anything pryor to his post at LSSU.
                              BLEED BLUE

Comment

Sad to hear about Bud Cooper's passing. May God bless him.
                                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Working...
                                X