X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Laker Hockey 2009-10

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
    As long as you aren't wearing an NMU jersey, you should be okay.
    The jersey will re-appear this weekend. I was hoping to watch the NMU games while I'm at the arena, which is why I'm asking.

Edit: They have a really strong connection. Should make it easy to listen to the NMU game and watch the Laker game. Great success.
    Last edited by nmu_27; 10-23-2009, 02:32 PM.
    Embrace the hate.

Comment

Big win for the Lakers, and in a one goal game. They lost far too many of those last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        Big win for the Lakers, and in a one goal game. They lost far too many of those last season.
        Awesome...

I lost the feed when it was still 2-2 in the 3rd and couldnt get it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
          Awesome...

I lost the feed when it was still 2-2 in the 3rd and couldnt get it back.
          Schofield scored with 20 seconds left for a 3-2 win

Comment

Wow, what an exciting win. Nice to win a one goal game for once. What a shot by Rick with 20 seconds left to win the game, though the Buckeyes nearly tied it. Lakers recovered very nicely on a very soft goal Mahoney-Wilson let in at the near end of the 2nd period. Beamer played great despite the softie and the PK looked pretty good.'

Lakers must be ready tomorrow night. OSU is probably going to play mad and aggressive right out of the gate.
            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Woo-hooooooo ... feels so good to beat OSU ... and in such an exciting game!!! The boys looked good. SOG were 30-30 at the end. Beautiful shot by Schoefield with 20 seconds to go in the third. Awesome win!!!
              http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

It's been a while, but Lakers sitting atop of the CCHA:

http://ccha.com

Comment

How are the Freshmen performing so far ? Good win and so far announcers sounding good.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                    How are the Freshmen performing so far ? Good win and so far announcers sounding good.
                    Benny Power, Domenic Monardo, and Nick McParland are three of the freshman 'stand-outs'.

Comment

I didn't get to see Zach Trotman last weekend; he didn't play because of the flu. They recruited him because he's a big strong defenseman, and they expect him to play that way in front of the Lakers net in particular.

Comment

LSSU won the small battles last night. They had a few really nice passes, and got a few breakaways. The last two goals were really nice shots, but they could have won this one by a couple more goals. They goal given up with :08 left in the second made this game closer than it should have been.

A few defensive lapses, but those can be cleaned up as the season goes. Great to see a win in the closing moments instead of a loss.

Hopefully I'll see more of the same tonight.
                        Embrace the hate.

Comment

I had trouble getting a connection to the stream for the pre-game show this evening. I missed approximately the first half of it. If anyone heard that portion, what did I miss?

I did hear Jim Roque say that Kyle Haines separated his shoulder last night. That will be a big loss. I though Haines played very well last weekend against Canisius. I liked the way he jumped into the play in the offensive zone. Guess we'll see Hobbins back on D until Haines can play again, or perhaps Pobur (on occasion).

Comment

I was at the Providence/Bowling Green game tonight. Was Inglis the starter and was he that bad as the score seems to indicate or did he have no help out front?

Comment

I was at the Providence/Bowling Green game tonight. Was Inglis the starter and was he that bad as the score seems to indicate or did he have no help out front?
                              I was surprised as heck to see Pat in goal last night. He didn't look very solid and I do believe he had help out front. I hate to favor a goalie, but I wish Jim had stuck with Beamer from the get-go ... instead of putting him in in the third. But, I guess he had to let Pat see some of the action from this good Ohio State team. I think we could have won that game.

Comment

The second or third goal Pat gave up was really bad. He also had bad rebound control as well and just didn't look confident. I hate to say it, but Inglis should be on the bench the rest of the year, except for some non conference games. Let's hope Mahoney-Wilson continues his great start.

Too bad for the loss. Bright side is the PP is still clicking and the offense has been consistent. Lakers have scored at least three goals in all six games.
                                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Working...
                                X