Dartmouth and Havard Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dartmouth and Havard Fans

What would be some guesses at what the lineups will look like next season for both Dartmouth and Havard.

For Dartmouth what key players have they lost? Do you think they will be better or worse next season.

For Havard will Hoyle get more starts, how has he looked to date?

Looking forward to october 30th, hope I can watch the game on tv or the net.

Re: Dartmouth and Havard Fans

Originally posted by montreal View Post
    What would be some guesses at what the lineups will look like next season for both Dartmouth and Havard.

For Dartmouth what key players have they lost? Do you think they will be better or worse next season.

For Havard will Hoyle get more starts, how has he looked to date?

Looking forward to october 30th, hope I can watch the game on tv or the net.
    Hoyle at a very up and down freshman year which can be expected when you ask what Harvard asked of Hoyle. He started the year great, but then lost his starting job to Ryan Carroll for much of the latter part of the season.

There are rumors that Hoyle may flee to Guelph, who just signed him.

Comment

Originally posted by montreal View Post
      Dartmouth is a very young team. We've lost three skaters that got significant minutes last year (forwards Rob Pritchard and Connor Shields, defenseman John Gibson), a back-up goalie (Dan Goulding), and a forward who's played in four games (Brandon Harrington) to graduation. Pritchard and Shields combined for 32 points and 18 goals, or about 13% and 20% of team points and goals, respectively. So, although the losses are noticeable, you can see that the bulk of scoring was done by the underclassmen (about 74% of points were scored by freshmen and sophomores on last year's squad). As long as they continue developing and continue scoring, the team will improve.

We have several promising incoming freshmen, notably forwards Mark Goggin (drafted 197th by Boston in 2008) and Dustin Walsh (drafted 169th by Montreal this year). While they are not as flashy as Harvard's Louis LeBlanc, I think they'll contribute to the team for all four years of their NCAA eligibility.

I can't prognosticate as to whether this team being better or worse then last year's. Last year's team did well after rough first two games, but completely ran out of steam at the end and concluded the season with a disastrous sweep by RPI in play-offs. I hope that a large portion of responsibility for such an end can be written-off to the youth and inexperience of that team. But, really, it's impossible to predict how the team will do before the season starts. As a Dartmouth fan, I've had more than my fair share of pain, so I've become pretty inured to it, without losing hope that the next year will bring triumph.

I hope this helped, montreal, and GO DARTMOUTH!!!
      Dartmouth College: NCAAs 1948 1949 1960 1979 1980
      University of Massachusetts: NCAAs 2007, ECAC Div. II Champs 1972

"When in doubt, use brute force." -- Ken Thompson

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

As for lineups, we've just posted a bunch of combos in the Harvard 2010 thread but really we have no idea. We'll have a better guess after the McGill game in Oct. but it seems like the consensus is Rogers, Killorn, M. Biega, LeBlanc, and PO Michaud will be our top 6 forwards with one more guy thrown in (with my vote being for Harvard rookie of the year Daniel Moriarty) and that A. Biega and Ian Tallet are our top two d-men, even if they won't play together.

As for Hoyle, assuming he doesn't head to Guelph, it's going to depend on how Kyle Richter returns to form, and if Ryan Carroll had a fluky year or not. Both of those guys go according to plan, and Matt Hoyle is looking at a long year on the bench.

Not sure on the TV or Net broadcast situation but I'll shamelessly recommend the free audio found in my sig as a place to get the game if buying a subscription to GoDartmouth or however Dartmouth does home games on the net doesn't seem appealing.

And as much as I'm enjoying being off for the summer, I'm chomping at the bit for this game and it isn't even August yet. So I know how you feel.
          Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
          Go Crimson!

Comment

sorry to go off topic...
            In Search Of: copies of vhs tapes/dvds of last two Harvard games of ECAC tournament in albany in march of 2008 a win vs. cornell and season ending loss to princeton.i had games saved on my dvr at home and someone accidently erased then before i could transfer to dvd.
            my son was a senior on that team and i would love to have copies of the last two games of his harvard career.
            i will gladly cover the costs of reproduction ,shipping,handling etc.
            if you can help me out please e-mail me at: DDP213@aim.com
            thanks

Comment

Isn't Havard joining Hockey East with Maerrimack and {PROVICED?
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
              X