Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shot in the Dark - College Sports Marketing Jobs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shot in the Dark - College Sports Marketing Jobs?

Since many people on the boards here have deep ties within their respective Athletic Departments, I figured I would take a shot in the dark here:

Does anyone know of any schools that have any sports marketing/promotions job openings?

Basically, my current job/internship is up in September, and I would like to get back into NCAA Sports if possible... The only problem with that is finding the jobs... There isn't really any single database for these type of jobs like there are for pro sports... Most seem to be posted only on the school's respective job boards, so it's kinda like finding a needle in a haystack at times, lol... Would anyone have any possible leads?
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Re: Shot in the Dark - College Sports Marketing Jobs?

http://www.cosida.com/jobs.aspx?jobid=2368 Mr Les, who works in DIv I sports (not as a SID) says this is a possible site to use. That and NCAA.org listing jobs for SID/marketing stuff.

Comment

That would be exactly what I've been looking for

Thanks a bunch! I love how you can count on USCHO for things like this

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        That would be exactly what I've been looking for

Thanks a bunch! I love how you can count on USCHO for things like this
        Unfortunately, unless things have changed in the last 3 years since I left the industry, you're coming a bit late to the party. The college hiring cycle tends to follow the academic year to an extent. Most job postings begin in mid-late spring as the sports calendar winds down and will already have been filled by now. Reason being is that it's easiest for all parties to transisition in the summer when there's the most down time.

Most of the openings left now are those that are either struggling to fill the job or are unanticipated availabilities.

Comment

Since many people on the boards here have deep ties within their respective Athletic Departments, I figured I would take a shot in the dark here:

Does anyone know of any schools that have any sports marketing/promotions job openings?

Basically, my current job/internship is up in September, and I would like to get back into NCAA Sports if possible... The only problem with that is finding the jobs... There isn't really any single database for these type of jobs like there are for pro sports... Most seem to be posted only on the school's respective job boards, so it's kinda like finding a needle in a haystack at times, lol... Would anyone have any possible leads?
          Just gotta know where to look. You can also try the NACMA job center.

And I agree with uno's comment about coming late to the party. Most schools have done just about all the hiring they're going to do by now, though marketing positions don't always follow the same hiring cycle as coaches/admins/SIDs do.
          UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
          2006 Time Person of the Year
          Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
          It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Just wanted to thank you guys again for helping me with this. I haven't gotten anything back, but I've been able to send out a few resumes that wouldn't have gone out otherwise... Thanks again!

Comment

Just wanted to thank you guys again for helping me with this. I haven't gotten anything back, but I've been able to send out a few resumes that wouldn't have gone out otherwise... Thanks again!
              Best of luck!
              UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
              2006 Time Person of the Year
              Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
              It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Working...
              X