PDA

View Full Version : Mowing the Lawn

jabber811
07-16-2009, 08:54 PM
When mowing the lawn and an object is in your way, you....

The Rube
07-17-2009, 08:38 AM
I haven't mown a lawn in years, but when I did, if the object wouldn't harm me or the mower, that object was getting mowed over.

The Paragon of Virtue
07-17-2009, 08:40 AM
I haven't mown a lawn in years
The bank does it for you online?

I usually try to get stuff out of the way before I mow so I don't have to deal with it. I'll generally just go over it though, unless it will screw up the mower.

FadeToBlack&Gold
07-17-2009, 09:53 AM
I haven't mown a lawn in years, but when I did, if the object wouldn't harm me or the mower, that object was getting mowed over.

Bingo. :cool:

bostonewe
07-17-2009, 10:20 AM
I haven't had a lawn in over 7 years, but I used to pick things up and toss them on the porch when I did.

Of course, I also hit the shed once with a tractor, so I suppose that might fall under "mowing over" something.

ExileOnDaytonStreet
07-17-2009, 04:27 PM
I usually try to get stuff out of the way before I mow so I don't have to deal with it. I'll generally just go over it though, unless it will screw up the mower.

ecbrevik
07-23-2009, 12:01 PM
if the object wouldn't harm me or the mower, that object was getting mowed over.

Exactly

Carter
07-29-2009, 10:03 AM

I do about 3.5 hours of baja mowing every week, and if I stopped the tractor for every little thing in the lawn (which actually has some grass amidst the weeds) I'd never finish. My best friends brother-in-law lived west of the Twin Cities where he mowed a couple of acres, and he actually had a woodchuck stand up a hundred feet in front of his mower and dare him to mow him down. The woodchuck didn't budge and became ground chuck. :) I only wish some of my woodchucks would adopt this approach. Sigh.
I am careful about mowing along the road, always stopping when cars approach. There's no telling what some a-hole chucked out of a passing car, and I have no desire to fire it at someone else. I obviously don't worry about an aluminum can, but I wouldn't knowingly mow over a glass bottle.

Jon
07-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Did anyone else think of De La Soul's "Potholes in my Lawn" when reading this thread title?

state of hockey
08-06-2009, 10:39 PM
I walk around the yard beforehand and pick everything up.

Dude Love
09-20-2009, 01:47 PM
When mowing the lawn and an object is in your way, you....

What's the object?

Gurtholfin
01-22-2015, 07:57 AM
I was thinking (hoping) that this poll was in regards to something else entirely.

In answer to that question, I enjoy both. They each have their plusses.

;)

:D