Garmin Nuvi Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin Nuvi Question...

I picked up a Nuvi 775t at the end of May. It hasn't given me any real trouble until now, but just this last week it lost satellite connection. It just says "acquiring satellite connection" but never is able to connect. Does anyone else have experience with Garmin Navigation Systems?
    Last edited by RStarr; 07-12-2009, 12:15 AM. Reason: spellz check
    (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Re: Garmin Nuvi Question...

Just take the morning after pill. Wait, that's not what you're talking about? Sorry. Then I have no clue what you're talking about, because you're either stupid, high, drunk, or all three.

Friends don't let friends drunk post. Unless it causes mass laughing.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Usually I don't have that problem... road maps cost no more than a couple of dollars and they fit nicely inside the car door panel
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I highly doubt she'd read a road map. She'd probably try to smoke it instead.

Comment

Originally posted by RStarr View Post
          I picked up a Nuvi 775t at the end of May. It hasn't given me any real trouble until now, but just this last week it lost satellite connection. It just says "acquiring satellite connection" but never is able to connect. Does anyone else have experience with Garmin Navigation Systems?
          Usually that means you're in a dead spot. I've had to drive a couple blocks before the signal will pick up again.
          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
            Usually that means you're in a dead spot. I've had to drive a couple blocks before the signal will pick up again.
            No matter where I drive it won't connect. I even went to Florida, and it wouldn't connect there either.
            (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

No matter where I drive it won't connect. I even went to Florida, and it wouldn't connect there either.
              That's weird. I'll ask some of the electronics people at work.
              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

its junk or you don't have it where it can see the sats
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I've never had a problem with my Garmin Nuvi, but I wish they had more options for their voices - my son got the TomTom so he could have Homer Simpson provide the voice for directions.

Comment

Sounds like a question for their troubleshooting guide or google. I've never had that problem but am trying to recall how the registration and fees work...did you do all of the stuff it prompted you to do when you connected it to your computer? Did you buy it new?

I ask because I wonder if there was a renewal date/introductory period in there someplace that has since past.

edit: everything online says there is no monthly fee or free trial period type of issue...did you register the product?

here is a post I found online talking about security spots/default codes etc. from a goalie!! - Ed the goalie to be specific

if you bought this on ebay or 2nd hand I think there could be an issue

Solution #1posted on Apr 22, 2009
                    goalie39

Rating: 92%, 184 votes

It will either require a code, or be turned on in your security spot.
                    Your security spot is usually set up at initial set up, this can be where ever you were when you first set up your gps device. (Driveway, Garage, Dining room) if you are within a meter or so from that piont it should unlock without a code.
                    If you don't recall this either, then perhaps it was never set up and it is a default code.

Try all of the obvious codes, 1111, , 1234, 2222, 3333, 0000, etc.
                    Failing all of this, it will have to go back to garmin to have it unlocked.

hope this is of some help.
                    Ed
                    Last edited by pirate; 07-12-2009, 07:21 AM.
                    I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlS View Post
                      I've never had a problem with my Garmin Nuvi, but I wish they had more options for their voices - my son got the TomTom so he could have Homer Simpson provide the voice for directions.
                      i'd like Mr T... "turn left, fool!!"
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

You'll probably want to give Garmin a call, or check their web site. There may be an update you have to download. Since the problem just started recently, that's probably the issue. The Garmin should download updates automatically, but that's another can of worms. I have limited experience with the Nuvi, but used to do tech support for a rival

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          its junk
                          You might be on to something...
                          Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          for a rival
                          I knew I should have gone with the Navigon...
                          (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

I don't have a Garmin, but use a Tom-Tom instead. I had a similar problem when I first got it. I had to effectively "reboot" the system through their website so it recognized my equipment after an upgrade on their end. I found their tech support and website assistance to be of minimal value, but actually found the real issues through a Google search. All in, it took about 1-2 hours to get back on-line.
                            "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              i'd like Mr T... "turn left, fool!!"
                              how about Jenna Jameson ... "oh yeah, that's the way, I love it this way!"
                              I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X