Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caitlin Cahow - ESPN.com's Page 2

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=cahow/090709

Sorry if this has already been posted; couldn't figure out which thread it'd be in.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Re: Caitlin Cahow - ESPN.com's Page 2

Good post. Ms. Cahow has a great sense of humor.

Comment

The one problem that I had with the blog post was some of the words she chose to use when describing things. An average person that you could ask on the street wouldn't know what some of them meant. And you probably would never hear someone even used them in regular conversation. That was all I had a problem with. That's just my opinion.

She's a good player besides and has a good sense of humor! The songs to go with each to-do made it that much better!

Comment

Hmm, I re-read as I didn't remember any and am completely clueless as to what words you are referring to unless you are from Minnesota and the words are "passing lane" :-).

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
        HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
        HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by crzyeagle View Post
          The one problem that I had with the blog post was some of the words she chose to use when describing things. An average person that you could ask on the street wouldn't know what some of them meant. And you probably would never hear someone even used them in regular conversation. That was all I had a problem with. That's just my opinion.

She's a good player besides and has a good sense of humor! The songs to go with each to-do made it that much better!
          Those Ivy leaguers say the darnedest things,ehh?

Comment

The one problem .. An average person that you could ask on the street wouldn't know what some of them meant. And you probably would never hear someone even used them in regular conversation.
            Thankfully, neither I, nor those with whom I shared this article, had any issue with the vocabulary Ms. Cahow employed. If, indeed, the "average" person would have to use a dictionary for reference while learning about the average day of an elite hockey player, I see that as the problem. The writing works for me.
            "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Qft

"In Boston, if you cut someone off, you might get a choice gesture, but those are actually signs of admiration: You just taught that guy something he will incorporate into his own driving repertoire."

(where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

Re: Qft

And you probably would never hear someone even used them in regular conversation.
                Originally posted by RStarr View Post
                "In Boston, if you cut someone off, you might get a choice gesture, but those are actually signs of admiration: You just taught that guy something he will incorporate into his own driving repertoire."
                People tend to write with a more formal voice than they'd use when speaking -- other than speeches, presentations, etc. I'm guessing if she used phrases like, "incorporate into his own driving repertoire" when hanging with her teammates, she'd hear about it.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  People tend to write with a more formal voice than they'd use when speaking -- other than speeches, presentations, etc. I'm guessing if she used phrases like, "incorporate into his own driving repertoire" when hanging with her teammates, she'd hear about it.
                  I just thought she was funny. And what's the point of putting in all that work at Harvard if you can't drop a few three and four syllable words from time to time?

Comment

!
                    Which is what made it interesting and engaging. In an age of truncated phrases sent hither and yon via texting, and conversation which all too often mirrors the same, it is nice to see someone make use of her erudition.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      I quoted her for the truth in her statement....regarding Boston drivers that is.

Overall I thought the piece was simply splendid.
                      (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

You people have waaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on your hands. Seriously. Cahow gives one interview and you are dissecting her lexicon. Get a life.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                          You people have waaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on your hands. Seriously. Cahow gives one interview and you are dissecting her lexicon. Get a life.
                          skate, I haven't had the chance to say it, but the boards just wouldn't be the same without your particular brand of whimsy and sarcasm. (and no sarcasm from me either). And it's all the better that you're a WHRB ghost.

Back on topic, yep, that was a funny interview. I enjoyed it very much.
                          Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                          Go Crimson!

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                            You people have waaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on your hands. ..... Get a life.
                            And you, with an average of one post/day for 4 years, don't have too much time on your hands and have a life?

(Sorry, couldn't resist. )
                            There is no right way to do the wrong thing.

U19AAAA Forever!

Comment

Working...
                            X