Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    I'm loud and annoying enough without booze. I got thrown out of that place sober. Imagine what liquor would do to me.
    Fair enough. I've got an idea for a new location you can get liquored up and thrown out of this year... I'll contact you later when I've got some time to see if you're interested.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I was once carried in to the Red Carpet, as I couldn't walk. I promptly ordered a shot of tequila, then snorted coke on the table in the booth. Then I was OK.
      Bob is making me concerned
      I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
        I was once carried in to the Red Carpet, as I couldn't walk. I promptly ordered a shot of tequila, then snorted coke on the table in the booth. Then I was OK.
        Were you in the red room and did Bubbles serve you the shot?

anybody know if it is true she has worked there for 30+ years?
        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Bubbles? I only knew Shiela, Minx, and Gale. Other than that, I don't remember much.
          I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
            Bubbles? I only knew Shiela, Minx, and Gale. Other than that, I don't remember much.
            she must have started in the early 80's and you just missed her.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
              she must have started in the early 80's and you just missed her.
              Did she go down on you?

Do midget guys go up on their women?
              I am the voice of reason

Comment

STARTING TIMES DIFFER

On another unrelated topic, I've had several questions as to why there are some irregular start times for home games on Saturdays this season. There is one 7:37 p.m. start (Oct. 24 against Minnesota-Duluth) that was necessitated by a 2:30 p.m. football game at Husky Stadium. The football game will feature halftime introductions of the SCSU Athletic Hall of Fame inductees (including former hockey player Jeff Saterdalen, who becomes the first Division I player enshrined). School officials need time to clear the parking lots and have crowds disperse before the hockey fans arrive.

There are three 5:07 p.m. starts (Oct. 17 against Union, Jan. 9 against Michigan Tech, and Feb. 6 against Alaska Anchorage). According to sports information director Tom Nelson, the department decided to try the earlier Saturday starts after positive response from fans attending a 5:07 p.m. game against Minnesota last season on Hockey Day in Minnesota.

"People seem to like the chance to go out for dinner after the game or, if they have kids, they're not getting home so late," Nelson said. "We decided to test it this year to see if it helps the crowds any. If it does, we could see more of it in the future."

DOYLE TO BROADCAST BOOTH

It's likely former Husky Mike Doyle, a graduate student at SCSU, will join play-by-play announcer Rob Hudson on the team's telecasts this season. Doyle was a forward for the Huskies from 2001-05, before going on to a brief pro career.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I heard Doyle was back in town and going to grad school. I might have to make sure I get my hands on some home game tapes and see how does in the booth.

I told you the game times were a hair brain idea by the bone headed athletic department.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

I think that SCSU should try and make the basketball program D1, that would be exciting. Though it would be better not to have the D1 teams play during the same season..

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                      I think that SCSU should try and make the basketball program D1, that would be exciting. Though it would be better not to have the D1 teams play during the same season..
                      Dear SCSU fans,

Please make fun of stb good. I am bored and this has the potential to be greatly entertaining.

Thanks
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I heard Doyle was back in town and going to grad school. I might have to make sure I get my hands on some home game tapes and see how does in the booth.
                        I ran into him at the Carpet like a year and a half ago, and he said he was back at SCSU finishing up his degree. I was happy for him, but didn't bother to ask him what it was for. Hope it goes well for him.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          I ran into him at the Carpet like a year and a half ago, and he said he was back at SCSU finishing up his degree. I was happy for him, but didn't bother to ask him what it was for. Hope it goes well for him.
                          If I recall correctly, Doyle was a Marketing major.
                          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

I told you the game times were a hair brain idea by the bone headed athletic department.
                            Not that hair-brained when the first one got a good response from people with families.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              Not that hair-brained when the first one got a good response from people with families.
                              And Union, MTU and UAA are much better games for families to bring their kids to at the NHC than MN.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                                And Union, MTU and UAA are much better games for families to bring their kids to at the NHC than MN.
                                Because your owns fans don't get as mental.

Comment

Working...
                                X