Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Holy ****! You agree with me on SCSU's goals, I defend you on the potential for the stadium.... that's us on the same page twice in one day, and we didn't even have to rag on Tony Mosey to do it!

LOL! Maybe the stars are lining up for a great Season of Husky hockey.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Media release for the Lethbridge game.

http://www.stcloudstate.edu/athletic...hocrelease.pdf
      On page two of the media release under "Coaching Staff" it says Motzko current owns "a 81-7-18 record with the Huskies."

I'd take it.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        Yes, the following is us "screaming" for it.

Didn't say it was just on this thread, or that it was just this recent.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Didn't say it was just on this thread, or that it was just this recent.
          Maybe I'm screaming for it. Other than Denver, the league looks pretty soft. This is the perfect year to go out and steal something.
          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
            Maybe I'm screaming for it. Other than Denver, the league looks pretty soft. This is the perfect year to go out and steal something.
            They could go out and steal something but I don't consider the league soft though.
            There is a lot of talent in this league and while a lot of it does reside in the Granite City, DU, UND and UW are no slouches, neither is Minnesota if Kangas plays like he did as a freshman and they get a D that knows how to do more than score.
            My point is I see this league as wide open and I think it's very possible that we couild play well and yet not be a top 3 team, and that doesn't seem to be the consensus.
            The consensus seems to be if we play well and they gel, we are top 3 hands down, no question.
            A lot can happen and there is always a "question."
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Husky D

Zabs ready
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

The consensus seems to be if we play well and they gel, we are top 3 hands down, no question.
                A lot can happen and there is always a "question."
                Based on the statement, "if they play well and gel" I do think the Huskies are top 3 hands down. Might seem cocky or arrogant to say but if every team played to their potential I think we have more talent top to bottom than any other team except maybe Denver.

Comment

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                    If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.
                    Exactly. I fully expect this team to finish top 3 in the league and IF they finish 4th or lower then so be it. I'd love to see a WCHA league title one of these years but ultimately they need to make the dance and win at least one game. That's the bar but I'm really hoping/expecting a Frozen Four appearance this year.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                      Exactly. I fully expect this team to finish top 3 in the league and IF they finish 4th or lower then so be it. I'd love to see a WCHA league title one of these years but ultimately they need to make the dance and win at least one game. That's the bar but I'm really hoping/expecting a Frozen Four appearance this year.
                      Only way that happens is if the defense steps up large.
                      I have faith in our goaltending (if it's Lee) and in our scoring, but the D is the swing point.

MSUM beats Lethbridge in OT after the 3rd strong goalie for the Mavs gives up 3 in the third.
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Not a good way to start.
                        First practice, Eddy goes down, out at least a month.

Bad news out of the first day of practice for the SCSU men's hockey team. Freshman forward David Eddy suffered a "lower-body" injury on Friday and was unable to participate in the first official day of workouts on Saturday. He is expected to miss the first 4-6 weeks of the season, based on a preliminary diagnosis, according to Huskies coach Bob Motzko. Eddy's absence leaves the lineup for Sunday's exhibition against Lethbridge University looking like this:

Forwards

Jordy Christian-Drew LeBlanc-Mitch Ryan/Ryan Peckskamp

Jared Festler-Garrett Roe-Brian Volpei

Ben Hanowski-Aaron Marvin-Ryan Lasch

Tony Mosey-Nick Oslund-Travis Novak

Defensemen

Nic Rioux-Garrett Raboin

Sam Zabkowicz-Chris Hepp

Oliver Lauridsen-Brett Barta

Jon Ammerman

Goalies

Dan Dunn will play the first period, Mike Lee the second and Nate Hardy the third.

The only healthy scratches are senior defenseman Craig Gaudet and freshman defenseman Taylor Johnson.

In other news, Motzko said the team has engaged a volunteer goaltending coach to replace Justin Johnson, who returned to his alma mater, the University of Minnesota. The new addition is Michael Ayers, a 29-year-old former New Hampshire goalie whose career topped out with 28 games in the AHL -- most recently with Norfolk in 2006-07. A native of Higham, Mass., now in Minnesota, he was a sixth-round pick of the Chicago Blackhawks in 2000. He also played briefly in Sweden in 2007-08. Husky fans will better remember Ayers as the Wildcats goalie who stopped 35 of 37 shots to beat SCSU 5-2 in the 2003 NCAA Tournament.
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Not a good way to start.
                          First practice, Eddy goes down, out at least a month.
                          Out 4-6 weeks with a lower body injury does not sound good. I would guess this means he won't be able to be conditioning waiting for his injury to heal which means even after he is ready he wont be in good hockey condition riding a bike doesn't condition you for skating.. When he can even do that
                          Last edited by ts8801; 10-03-2009, 11:11 PM.
                          Originally posted by Mankato student
                          Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                          "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                          -- Peter Klein

Comment

MSUM beats Lethbridge in OT after the 3rd strong goalie for the Mavs gives up 3 in the third.
                            Lethbridge is pretty bad. MSU sat their top 4 forwards and 2 D and kind of sleepwalked through the game. If St. Cloud skates their full lineup tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised if they put up at least 7 or 8 goals.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                              Lethbridge is pretty bad. MSU sat their top 4 forwards and 2 D and kind of sleepwalked through the game. If St. Cloud skates their full lineup tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised if they put up at least 7 or 8 goals.
                              With the exception of Eddy, it is the full lineup.
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

In advance of our first game, why not do the first Recruit Update of the year

Milan: 13 pts (5G 8A) 5PIM in 8 games for Penticton (BCHL)
                                Dowd: 3 points (0G 3A) +2 in 1 game for Indiana (USHL)
                                Oliver: 0 points 2PIM +1 in 2 games for Fargo (USHL)
                                Ravndalen: 0 points +1 in 1 game for Waterloo (USHL)
                                Benik: 5 points (2G 3A) in 2 games for Minnesota (MNJHL)
                                Jensen: 0 points E in 1 game for Green Bay (USHL)
                                Gravel: 0 points -1 in 1 game for Sioux City (USHL)

HS
                                Benik: St. Francis
                                Prochno: Minnetonka
                                Prochno: 4 points (1G 3A) in 10 games for Team Southwest (Elite League)
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X