PDA

View Full Version : SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38

The Paragon of Virtue
10-25-2009, 10:01 AM
Kinda sends a signal to me that Dunn is playing scared. He's peeking over to the coach to seek "approval".
Looking over at the bench after trying to score a goal at the end of the game is a signal Dunn is playing scared? :confused:

First Time, Long Time
10-25-2009, 10:04 AM
I took it as Dunn thinking Motzko might be upset for the icing because he missed, but I agree with the coach that taking a chance like that is never a bad thing.

Red Cloud
10-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Non-judgmental observation: this is an off-season thread. After 3 points over the Bulldogs, is it still off-season?

The Paragon of Virtue
10-25-2009, 10:11 AM
Non-judgmental observation: this is an off-season thread. After 3 points over the Bulldogs, is it still off-season?
I generally just think of these as the general discussion SCSU threads.

First Time, Long Time
10-25-2009, 10:14 AM

No, but why start a new one?
Hell some peopel may still think it's an ''off'' season :D

Icedavis
10-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Looking over at the bench after trying to score a goal at the end of the game is a signal Dunn is playing scared? :confused:

In a sense, yes. I like the fact that Dunn tried for it. Motzko afterward said he loved the attempt as well. But during the game, the fact that Dunn looked over to the bench after the attempt, noticing Motzko's look and having that initial reaction of "oh crap, he's mad" is a signal.

I have been in the same position as an athlete and a coach. Like i said, Motzko's external intimidation (what initially sparked the Dunn "oh crap" moment) and his straightforward tendencies can do that to people, make them play scared, when they don't entirely understand his coaching approach to the game. So when Dunn says he looked over, that tells me that wasn't the first time. When he said the reaction wasn't good in his eyes, that means he's done it before in not so good situations that have had not so good outcomes for him. So in a sense, he is scared and playing scared. Obviously, that doesn't mean he's shaking in his pads out there. It's just that he is questioning his abilities and decisions just enough to have those kind of reactions.

I think Motzko's vote of confidence from that quote tells us that likely after the game he told dunn in the locker room he approved. I wouldn't be surprised if they got a good laugh out of the attempt because goalies don't get those kind of shots that often and Dunn put a pretty good shot down the ice.:)

scsutommyboy
10-25-2009, 01:52 PM
In a sense, yes. I like the fact that Dunn tried for it. Motzko afterward said he loved the attempt as well. But during the game, the fact that Dunn looked over to the bench after the attempt, noticing Motzko's look and having that initial reaction of "oh crap, he's mad" is a signal.

I have been in the same position as an athlete and a coach. Like i said, Motzko's external intimidation (what initially sparked the Dunn "oh crap" moment) and his straightforward tendencies can do that to people, make them play scared, when they don't entirely understand his coaching approach to the game. So when Dunn says he looked over, that tells me that wasn't the first time. When he said the reaction wasn't good in his eyes, that means he's done it before in not so good situations that have had not so good outcomes for him. So in a sense, he is scared and playing scared. Obviously, that doesn't mean he's shaking in his pads out there. It's just that he is questioning his abilities and decisions just enough to have those kind of reactions.

I think Motzko's vote of confidence from that quote tells us that likely after the game he told dunn in the locker room he approved. I wouldn't be surprised if they got a good laugh out of the attempt because goalies don't get those kind of shots that often and Dunn put a pretty good shot down the ice.:)

I think you read way to much into this stuff.;)

Icedavis
10-25-2009, 02:21 PM
I think you read way to much into this stuff.;)

Probably on this one yeah.:rolleyes: I felt like bringing it up since i have been in the position and Dunn seems like he fits. I wanna say (without going back to look) that others had mentioned he looked scared in a few of his games in the past so i thought it relevant. If not, disregard my comments.;)

andrewj063
10-25-2009, 02:24 PM
No, but why start a new one?
Hell some peopel may still think it's an ''off'' season :D

Its the off season already for the Goofs! :D

Yager
10-25-2009, 02:29 PM
USCHO.com Fan Forum > College Hockey > Men's Division I
Click "New Thread"
Under "Title:", type [SCSU 09-10 Season Thread: Enter clever/witty title here]
Tab
[Enter optimistic BS here]
Tab
Tab
Enter

SCSU Euro
10-25-2009, 04:58 PM

No, that means he's SHOOTING scared. If Dunn spends all season confidently making saves but shooting scared, we'll be alright. :D

Red Cloud
10-25-2009, 06:33 PM
USCHO.com Fan Forum > College Hockey > Men's Division I
Click "New Thread"
Under "Title:", type [SCSU 09-10 Season Thread: Enter clever/witty title here]
Tab
[Enter optimistic BS here]
Tab
Tab
Enter

Thank you. Shut up.

BigPieps
10-26-2009, 02:18 PM
I can't begin to describe how much better Twitter is compared to the USCHO Message Board.

The Paragon of Virtue
10-26-2009, 02:20 PM
I can't begin to describe how much better Twitter is compared to the USCHO Message Board.
Just wait for the Tech fans to overtake Twitter too.

BigPieps
10-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Just wait for the Tech fans to overtake Twitter too.

That's the beauty. I don't have to follow them. Or startthebus.

Twitter #win

The Paragon of Virtue
10-26-2009, 02:37 PM
That's the beauty. I don't have to follow them. Or startthebus.

Twitter #win
That sounds soooooooooooooooooooooo much better than what it is now.

Also, you should post in the movie thread more. :)

BigPieps
10-26-2009, 02:39 PM
Why? Brenthoven still posts there

The Paragon of Virtue
10-26-2009, 02:44 PM
Why? Brenthoven still posts there
And Handyman.

I want to read posts from someone who actually knows what they're talking about! :(

BigPieps
10-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Handyman is generally pretty insightful.

That thread, on the other hand...is brutal :)

BigPieps
10-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Also, you should post in the movie thread more. :)

happy? :p