Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

So lets say they play well, win games but still finish 4th, what then?
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      So lets say they play well, win games but still finish 4th, what then?
      If they set a goal of finishing 3rd, and come up short, its a disappointment. But how much of one depends. If they really grind out all (or most) of their games, or maybe rebound after some injuries, then its nothing to hang your head on. But if they finish 4th or below because they, like last year, didn't give it their all too many nights, then they've gotta answer for their shortcomings. Either way, you gotta get ready for the playoffs, hopefully have a good showing in the F5, and a 4th place finish plus a good playoffs should hopefully get them an NCAA birth, where they have to get up for getting the NCAA monkey off their back.
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        If they set a goal of finishing 3rd, and come up short, its a disappointment. But how much of one depends. If they really grind out all (or most) of their games, or maybe rebound after some injuries, then its nothing to hang your head on. But if they finish 4th or below because they, like last year, didn't give it their all too many nights, then they've gotta answer for their shortcomings. Either way, you gotta get ready for the playoffs, hopefully have a good showing in the F5, and a 4th place finish plus a good playoffs should hopefully get them an NCAA birth, where they have to get up for getting the NCAA monkey off their back.
        That's why I added, if they play well.
        Obviously if it's like last year its bad, but if they do come together, play well, give it their all every night and still finish 4th which is not out of the realm of possibility, then what?
        People seem to be "screaming" for a top 3 finish and all I'm wondering is what's the feeling if it doesn't happen despite the fact they do play well.
        Personally, I don't care where they finish, if they win an NCAA tourney game or more, finish spot in the standings doesn't mean squat.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Hello everyone I'm baaaaaaack!!! In the words of Dwight Schrute: "I am wiser and I am faster. Do not mess with me"

What are the projected starting lines expected to be??
          "I'm not bias, but that should have been a penalty on the Badgers"- Frank Mazacco

Originally posted by Skeeterman
          The boner has a mind of its own.

Comment

Media release for the Lethbridge game.

http://www.stcloudstate.edu/athletic...hocrelease.pdf
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Marvin gets an A, and so far it's the only A.
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I saw that on Kevin's blog. Like I always say the team knows who is best, not us fans. From a far Marvin sure is a hard worker and seems like a perfect fit.

It sounds like only two forwards and one defenseman have to sit for the fake game on sunday. I wonder who will sit?

Anybody want to buy my four tickets for sunday? $40 dollars for all four. a $20 saving.
                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

I like it. The other should go to Lasch.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                    I like it. The other should go to Lasch.
                    There is no other.....Coach said they might add one later, but as of now there is no plan too.
                    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

I'm sure this has been named but I don't feel like reading back and finding it, but who's your guys' captain/s this year?
                      "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                        I'm sure this has been named but I don't feel like reading back and finding it, but who's your guys' captain/s this year?
                        Raboin will be returning with the "C". Marvin will be sporting the "A" for the first time this season. There is no second "A"... yet.
                        scsuhockey.com
                        CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                          There is no other.....Coach said they might add one later, but as of now there is no plan too.
                          Well, if they give another one......it should go to Lasch. I'd be fine having Marvin wear the only A though. ONE week and it's go time!

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
                            Raboin will be returning with the "C". Marvin will be sporting the "A" for the first time this season. There is no second "A"... yet.
                            Thanks. I probably should have figured that was the case.
                            "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

That's why I added, if they play well.
                              Obviously if it's like last year its bad, but if they do come together, play well, give it their all every night and still finish 4th which is not out of the realm of possibility, then what?
                              People seem to be "screaming" for a top 3 finish and all I'm wondering is what's the feeling if it doesn't happen despite the fact they do play well.
                              Personally, I don't care where they finish, if they win an NCAA tourney game or more, finish spot in the standings doesn't mean squat.
                              Agree completely. It's all about winning at least 1 NCAA tourney game.
                              "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

People seem to be "screaming" for a top 3 finish
                                Yes, the following is us "screaming" for it.

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                                I think this team has to feel like they need a top 3 finish.
                                Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                                Exactly!
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X