PDA

View Full Version : SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38

Husky4Life
10-21-2009, 12:57 AM
Don't get your hopes up, I'm not! We're to small. Our front end guys (Lasch, Roe) can't get into the corners and take guys off the puck. If they barely beat Union...my friend it's gonna be a looooooooooooooooooong season.:(

I agree we are too small, this has been my complaint for a couple years now. Motzko does not seem to care to much about it either looking at the guys coming in besides the kid from Roseau. The one real big guy we have sucks at skating too.

If Milan was on this team and was on the same line as Roe and Lasch, it would be the ol Smerf line from squirts all over again.

First Time, Long Time
10-21-2009, 01:03 AM
I agree we are too small, this has been my complaint for a couple years now. Motzko does not seem to care to much about it either looking at the guys coming in besides the kid from Roseau. The one real big guy we have sucks at skating too.

If Milan was on this team and was on the same line as Roe and Lasch, it would be the ol Smerf line from squirts all over again.

This team will get bigger next year, we are bringing in Oliver 6'2" 205, Dowd 6'1" 185, Gravel 6'4" 175 and Jensen 6'1" 190.
Size is fine as long as the skill comes with it, which in college, can be tough to find.
Look at a lot of the teams in this league, their top scorers are between 5'8" and 6'0" and 160-180 pounds.

scsutommyboy
10-21-2009, 09:54 AM

When Eddy comes back for injury they might have to form that smurf line.:eek:

FTLT's husband is right, they do have more size coming in next year and that should help. However, I don't think a team has to be big to be tough. motzko doesn't want to play a pounding physical game and don't want to watch that either. As long as the guys on the team can take a hit, a team can still play tough and be small.

First Time, Long Time
10-21-2009, 11:37 AM
When Eddy comes back for injury they might have to form that smurf line.:eek:

FTLT's husband is right, they do have more size coming in next year and that should help. However, I don't think a team has to be big to be tough. motzko doesn't want to play a pounding physical game and don't want to watch that either. As long as the guys on the team can take a hit, a team can still play tough and be small.

Don't be like dog fans please.
Just because they are too dumb to realize I'm a woman doesn't mean you have to emulate it.

scsutommyboy
10-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Don't be like dog fans please.
Just because they are too dumb to realize I'm a woman doesn't mean you have to emulate it.

I was implying the person who wrote the last post was Rabid. It actually made sense, it had to be him.:D

First Time, Long Time
10-21-2009, 12:24 PM
I was implying the person who wrote the last post was Rabid. It actually made sense, it had to be him.:D

:p
He doesn't post here anymore.
He'll help me get stats right, but that's about it.

Slap Shot
10-21-2009, 01:20 PM
So you both post exactly like this - with sentences and no paragraphs?
And neither of you have a sense of humor?
And both of you jump in the second any criticism is waged against the program?
Weird.

First Time, Long Time
10-21-2009, 01:36 PM
So you both post exactly like this - with sentences and no paragraphs?
And neither of you have a sense of humor?
And both of you jump in the second any criticism is waged against the program?
Weird.

We don't post the same, he uses paragraphs on his boards, I choose to hit enter after sentences.
Sense of humor is a matter of opinion, some things I find funny, but using the same tired old jokes year after year isn't funny.
What can I say, we like to argue, and talking hockey is fun, and the purpose of this is to share opinions mixed with whatever facts we can gather (at least to me it is).
People don't have to agree with me, just as I don't have to agree with them, so if I see something I disagree with, why not make a comment?
I'm not near the agitator he is, but I will get upset when things get personal seeing as how most people on here don't know me and I don't attack people I don't know like that, or at the very least I try not to.
I'd rather pick apart someone's argument rather than who they are or what they "appear" to be, but come after my husband or me and I will fight back, just as anyone would.
But hey, you guys don't want to believe I am who I say I am, fine, you don't have to.
You're wrong, but it's your choice to be wrong.

state of hockey
10-21-2009, 01:55 PM
6'4" 175 is one lanky dude. I'd bet he will be putting some meat on those bones before coming in though.

Husky4Life
10-21-2009, 04:10 PM
I knew FTLT was a women, very intelligent poster who uses lots of words. ;)

Changing the subject, over on Dahuskies.com I started a poll asking if you would sign up for Kevin Allenspach tweets. He says if I get 9 people to pledge support, that he would start tweeting.

I enjoy getting sports updates from different writers about my favorite teams through twitter sent to my phone. It's nice to get updates throughout the day with out logging into the computer. So if you would like to get SCSU Hockey tidbits on your phone from K.A. please head on over there and vote yes.

Here is the link to make it easy for ya.
http://www.dahuskies.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1256154897

scsutommyboy
10-21-2009, 05:00 PM
I knew FTLT was a women, very intelligent poster who uses lots of words. ;)

Changing the subject, over on Dahuskies.com I started a poll asking if you would sign up for Kevin Allenspach tweets. He says if I get 9 people to pledge support, that he would start tweeting.

I enjoy getting sports updates from different writers about my favorite teams through twitter sent to my phone. It's nice to get updates throughout the day with out logging into the computer. So if you would like to get SCSU Hockey tidbits on your phone from K.A. please head on over there and vote yes.

Here is the link to make it easy for ya.
http://www.dahuskies.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1256154897

I do a lot stuff now I said I would never do like facebook and texting. I have not started tweeting yet and don't plan on it.

Husky4Life
10-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Well just go vote yes anyway

scsutommyboy
10-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Well just go vote yes anyway

no can do. If it stops Kevin from tweeting I can't do it.

brianvf
10-21-2009, 05:14 PM

Rabid's posts made sense? :confused:

;) :)

Husky4Life
10-21-2009, 05:54 PM
no can do. If it stops Kevin from tweeting I can't do it.

What is your problem with KA? I guess the questions should be who does TB not have a problem with?

First Time, Long Time
10-22-2009, 12:53 AM
6'4" 175 is one lanky dude. I'd bet he will be putting some meat on those bones before coming in though.

He's only 18 so I would assume he would.

Slap Shot
10-22-2009, 07:59 AM
We don't post the same, he uses paragraphs on his boards, I choose to hit enter after sentences.

He didn't use paragraphs here either and was just as defensive. Doesn't matter though either way to me, just having some fun with it. :)

First Time, Long Time
10-22-2009, 08:22 AM
He didn't use paragraphs here either and was just as defensive. Doesn't matter though either way to me, just having some fun with it. :)

I know there are going to be people who will never believe I'm not him, but hey, it's not like I mind being compared to my husband.

The Paragon of Virtue
10-22-2009, 10:18 AM
I know there are going to be people who will never believe I'm not him, but hey, it's not like I mind being compared to my husband.
I would.

First Time, Long Time
10-22-2009, 10:25 AM
I would.

And to think we let you in the wedding party.
Jerk :p :mad: :D