Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

I'm not even as concerned about the no-D as I am about the observation from this guy that there were at least 3 or 4 kids on the ice better than him.... IN A MJHL GAME!!.

Comment

Originally posted by wchaforever View Post
      I'm not even as concerned about the no-D as I am about the observation from this guy that there were at least 3 or 4 kids on the ice better than him.... IN A MJHL GAME!!.
      His team is 2-0-0-1 and he's leading them in scoring with two goals and three ASSISTS in three games. Stats might not be everything... but they're something. I think the high school message board poster MAY have some sort of vendetta.

Everybody needs to relax. The kid will make it eventually, just a little longer because of the choices he's making.

FYI, they gave his number away in Fargo... he will not be one with the Force.
      Last edited by The Exiled One; 09-20-2009, 07:52 PM.
      scsuhockey.com
      CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Joey has 2 practice seasons ahead of him, and that poster on the HS forum was probably a gopher fan..

Comment

One person's opinion doesn't mean it's true.
          He's a project, long term development type kid.
          At this point who cares what an anonymous poster on a high school board thinks, he's put up numbers which is his game so he's doing fine at what he does.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
            His team is 2-0-0-1 and he's leading them in scoring with two goals and three ASSISTS in three games. Stats might not be everything... but they're something. I think the high school message board poster MAY have some sort of vendetta.

Everybody needs to relax. The kid will make it eventually, just a little longer because of the choices he's making.

FYI, they gave his number away in Fargo... he will not be one with the Force.
            Of course he will make it. The question is how much will his choices hurt him?
            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Depends on the person who said it. I would never read some random message board and take anything anyone says on there as gospel unless I have an idea if they know what they are talking about.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                Joey has 2 practice seasons ahead of him, and that poster on the HS forum was probably a gopher fan..
                What does being a Gopher have to do wiht it?

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                  Of course he will make it. The question is how much will his choices hurt him?
                  They won't hurt him, just delay him. That is, unless you consider NOT getting drafted in his first year of eligibility as "hurting him". He could still get drafted in 2011 if he has a solid year in the USHL after high school, but odds are, he's a free agent from here on out.

A pretty good poster on the high school message board is suggesting that Andrew Prochno of Minnetonka may have committed to SCSU over the weekend. Prochno is an extremely prolific scorer from the blueline, more so than future goofer Holl or future BADger Hesketh. He isn't as big (or probably as defensively sound) as those two, but regardless, he'd be a nice get if it pans out to be true. If the Mr. Hockey pattern of AA defensemen continues (five years and counting), he's definately in the running.
                  scsuhockey.com
                  CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

They won't hurt him, just delay him. That is, unless you consider NOT getting drafted in his first year of eligibility as "hurting him". He could still get drafted in 2011 if he has a solid year in the USHL after high school, but odds are, he's a free agent from here on out.

A pretty good poster on the high school message board is suggesting that Andrew Prochno of Minnetonka may have committed to SCSU over the weekend. Prochno is an extremely prolific scorer from the blueline, more so than future goofer Holl or future BADger Hesketh. He isn't as big (or probably as defensively sound) as those two, but regardless, he'd be a nice get if it pans out to be true. If the Mr. Hockey pattern of AA defensemen continues (five years and counting), he's definately in the running.
                    from what i found in a quick search he was listed at 5'11" 175lbs '91 bday 11g23a 32pts 5th in the state for Dman scoring

Edit: he is on team Southwest for the elite league
                    Originally posted by Mankato student
                    Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                    "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                    -- Peter Klein

Comment

09-10 Season Preview

Euro will want to avert his eyes at the second half of the story. This will prevent any injuries possibly sustained when he immediately starts trying to hump his monitor after (or while) reading about Garret Raboin.
                      I survived the SCSU E. Coli scare of 2005.

Inventor of the "Mine!" chant.

Signs, Signs every game there's signs:
                      I ♥ Lamp!!
                      Got Nodl?
                      Bow down to Bobby!
                      Ooooohhhh! Not just Spanish for rice!

Comment

I get why kids choose to stay in high school and I would even say that is a good thing if they are not ready to leave home. The damage of leaving to soon could easily out weigh any on ice development. However, Playing for the owls makes no sense when he could be getting the same amount of ice time playing against a lot better competition in the elite league. I get your point he can make that up in the USHL and at SCSU, but why do things the hard way?

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by Icedavis View Post
                          09-10 Season Preview

Euro will want to avert his eyes at the second half of the story. This will prevent any injuries possibly sustained when he immediately starts trying to hump his monitor after (or while) reading about Garret Raboin.
                          I get a kick out of SCSU's web site doing a preview. I mean it's not like they are going to say anything bad.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

What does being a Gopher have to do wiht it?
                            Exactly. Gopher fans would be much more likely to trash Wisconsin and North Dakota recruits. If you wanna say that negative comments about an SCSU kid are from a rival fanbase, I'd hint Duluth before the Gophers.

Originally posted by Icedavis View Post
                            My girlfriend got a kick out of that. She thought about getting a "Garrett Raboin is my boyfriend" t-shirt made for my last birthday, but didn't because she thought I wouldn't wear it in public. Oh ye of little faith...
                            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I get a kick out of SCSU's web site doing a preview. I mean it's not like they are going to say anything bad.
                              Of course, they are the ones pouring the kool aid. I though i would post it because i thought it fun to share that poke at Euro and his love for Raboin.

Nothing wrong with a man crush Euro, yours is just the most high profile at the moment.
                              I survived the SCSU E. Coli scare of 2005.

Inventor of the "Mine!" chant.

Signs, Signs every game there's signs:
                              I ♥ Lamp!!
                              Got Nodl?
                              Bow down to Bobby!
                              Ooooohhhh! Not just Spanish for rice!

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                                Exactly. Gopher fans would be much more likely to trash Wisconsin and North Dakota recruits. If you wanna say that negative comments about an SCSU kid are from a rival fanbase, I'd hint Duluth before the Gophers.
                                Agreed. If people thing we have an inferiority complex when it comes to the Gophers, the Dogs have one just as bad if not worse. I've never met fans so excited to tell people about their legendary third place finishes.

That and the fUMD fans here just flat out don't like us.
                                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X