Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    You aren't in the locker room either. I never said that there's no way it was a distraction, I just said I'm not buying that there HAD to have been. I believe the team would've been better with Weslosky, and if you wanna disprove that, the burden of proof is on you to come up with why he was a distraction, not just blindly claiming so.
    I explained why he's a distraction if you bothered to read the above post, not putting in the effort in class so your eligibility comes into question is a distraction when the team counts on you.
    As a result, your focus comes into question which also is a distraction to your team if they are wondering about your ability to get them through the game in goal.
    Also, Motzko has basically come out and said this team is going to be different that you have to have focus on and off the ice and if you don't, you won't play.
    This isn't the first time with Weslosky, it's the 3rd time, you don't think that becomes a problem when your teammates know you likely have an issue with school and they can't count on you to get your work done?
    It's basically solidified when the team's captain says good riddence to Weslosky when asked about it.
    It doesn't take a genius to see the distraction there.

So Goepfert had all the pressure on him... because the team around him was a team coming off a 9th place season and had no expectations? If the team had no expectations, there was no pressure... if he does great, he's a savior, and if he doesn't, the team was supposed to be horrible. And THIS is the argument that tb finally decides to agree with you on.

Remember... having a so-so year isn't acceptable according to tb, and after Blais annointed him the savior of SCSU hockey, and you guys claim there's no pressure on him. Ok....
    Again here you aren't getting the point.
    Goepfert was supposed to be the difference, he was supposed to be the one to win games to make 40+ saves a game and get the job done not only because the goalies before him couldn't do it, but because the team he had in front of him wasn't going to help him out much with either offense or defense.
    Here, goaltending was never a worry no matter who we had in goal.
    The focus of what needed to improve was the defense, that's where the pressure is IMO.
    They have to play better to help out their goaltender, whether it's Dunn or Lee because for the most part, they were where the breakdowns were last year.
    You are so hung up on Blais' quote its unbelieveable.
    Who gives a rats *** what Blais said about Lee?
    You know how many people that are supposed to be "in the know" make predictions that end up wrong?
    I also didn't see the part where he said he was going to do it in his first year on campus.
    I also think Blais knows that Motzko is also putting together better teams than we've had here in quite a while and it's not just Lee, it's Lasch, Roe, Christian, Hanowski, LeBlanc etc...not to mention the guys coming in the next couple years like Gravel, Oliver, Milan and Dowd.
    The point being, Lee is a great goalie, Blais knows this, and he may be the final piece to the puzzle, but he's also just a piece of that puzzle, the rest of the team has to share that burden, the "pressure" if you will.
    I'll put it this way, with Goepfert it was "you'd better not screw up in the least or we're not going to win and your defense is going to hang you out to dry so you'd better come up with something spectacular each night" with Lee it's "makes the saves you're supposed to make and we'll back you up as you know we can score goals."
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll...fe.sctimes.com

Sounds like Weslosky may be dropped as an Isles prospect all together because of his academic issues and Olson ready to start a pro career.
      Did the Islanders really need another crappy headcase goalie? Maybe they'll sign him to a 40-year deal.
      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
        Did the Islanders really need another crappy headcase goalie? Maybe they'll sign him to a 40-year deal.
        Well it isn't as though Weslosky is crazy, but it's the lazy part that has them concerned so I can't blame them, but it is the Islanders so doing something relatively smart is surprising.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll...fe.sctimes.com

Sounds like Weslosky may be dropped as an Isles prospect all together because of his academic issues and Olson ready to start a pro career.
          Half of their prospects couldn't get into a college. They could care less. It's a convenient excuse for dropping a kid that was never going to contribute to their organization.
          Originally posted by dicaslover
          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
            Half of their prospects couldn't get into a college. They could care less. It's a convenient excuse for dropping a kid that was never going to contribute to their organization.
            They're the idiots who drafted a goalie right after signing another goalie to a 15-year contract.
            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
              They're the idiots who drafted a goalie right after signing another goalie to a 15-year contract.
              Yeah, I always assumed Weslosky was trade bait from the day he was drafted.
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

You aren't in the locker room either. I never said that there's no way it was a distraction, I just said I'm not buying that there HAD to have been. I believe the team would've been better with Weslosky, and if you wanna disprove that, the burden of proof is on you to come up with why he was a distraction, not just blindly claiming so.

So Goepfert had all the pressure on him... because the team around him was a team coming off a 9th place season and had no expectations? If the team had no expectations, there was no pressure... if he does great, he's a savior, and if he doesn't, the team was supposed to be horrible. And THIS is the argument that tb finally decides to agree with you on.

Remember... having a so-so year isn't acceptable according to tb, and after Blais annointed him the savior of SCSU hockey, and you guys claim there's no pressure on him. Ok....
                Look, there was more to wesloksy problems than just school. You don't have to believe me and that is fine. This team had quite a few issues last year in the locker room besides Weslosky. The coaching staff and team leaders need to do a better job making sure the same types of things don't happen this year.

yes Lee needs to play well and will put pressure on himself, but he doesn't have to be all world for the team to succeed. This kid is talented and has delt with pressure his whole life. Do you think there was pressure at Warroad as a sophmore to win. That town and fan base will put every bit as much of pressure on him as the SCSU fans base will. It is the above and beyond(undo) pressure that makes young players wilt.

As for Goepfert Motzko flat out said from day 1 he had to be great or the team won't win because they couldn't score more than 3 goals a game. When Goepfert was interviewed he said he needed to be great. There is a huge difference between the two situations. This years team will be much better than either of Goepferts teams and Lee will not be expect to be perfect or the team won't win. you seem to be the only one who can't figure out the obvious.
                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                  It is the lost year, not school that bugs them. The right thing to do would be to trade him instead of leaving him to die with no options for a year.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Hanowski ranked 15th in Western College Hockey Blog's Best of the West

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/

They've written up articles all the way down to #4 and no mention of Lee yet, so he cracked the top 3.
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

They've written up articles all the way down to #4 and no mention of Lee yet, so he cracked the top 3.

Why would anybody care what Maize thinks? Should we be jumping around because he likes a couple of our recruits?

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Dumb question, but when do the teams practices start? (If they haven't already?)

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                          yes Lee needs to play well and will put pressure on himself, but he doesn't have to be all world for the team to succeed. This kid is talented and has delt with pressure his whole life. Do you think there was pressure at Warroad as a sophmore to win. That town and fan base will put every bit as much of pressure on him as the SCSU fans base will. It is the above and beyond(undo) pressure that makes young players wilt.
                          Don't let Lee hear you say he went to Warroad

Lee's #2 behind Dylan Olsen
                          Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                          Dumb question, but when do the teams practices start? (If they haven't already?)
                          I think Captains practice starts next week, practice with the coaches isn't until October 4th I believe.
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I think Captains practice starts next week, practice with the coaches isn't until October 4th I believe.

Oops I suppose he wouldn't like that. I suppose all the Roseau fans out there are pi$sed.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

I think they get a couple hours a week with the coaches before offical practice starts in october.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

You're reading the blog backwards. He started at #1.
                                scsuhockey.com
                                CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Working...
                                X