Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    Someone shoot me.
    Why?
    He said that last year, big deal.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Why?
      He said that last year, big deal.
      We say that EVERY year. We might as well go root for the Chicago Cubs...oh wait.
      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
        We say that EVERY year. We might as well go root for the Chicago Cubs...oh wait.
        Who has ever said "X" player is going to lead us to a title? (at least someone not delusional)
        We all know the first step is a tourney win, then look farther.
        And as for the Cubs, at least I'm loyal.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Who has ever said "X" player is going to lead us to a title? (at least someone not delusional)
          We all know the first step is a tourney win, then look farther.
          And as for the Cubs, at least I'm loyal.
          Numerous did and it was B0BBY!!@!!!!!!
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Who said Bobby was going to lead us to a national title? Those Husky teams with Bobby were not that good. He was good, the team around him wasn't that great. This year's Husky team will be far better than the two teams Bobby was on.
            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

• It would have been cool if Hank Hill coached during those years, just so we could hear the occasional, “Dammit, Bobby!”.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                It would have been cool if Hank Hill coached during those years, just so we could hear the occasional, “Dammit, Bobby!”.
                I love that voice! I Especially would ahve liked it when he seived out in the NCAA game his second year and gave his team zero chance to win the game.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  It would have been cool if Hank Hill coached during those years, just so we could hear the occasional, “Dammit, Bobby!”.
                  I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I think they're better off simply because of the distraction that Weslosky caused for the past two seasons.
                    Yes I do think Lee is a more talented goaltender and you can say what-if about his start but lets face it, Weslosky wasn't exactly stellar in the 2nd half of last year either and teams seemed to figure out how to easily score on the guy (aim high)
                    This from the person who after Weslosky's sophomore year, which was a year ago I believe, talked so highly of him and all his records.

Also, I don't buy the "distraction" bull****. This isn't the NFL, there aren't video cameras taping them being driven to camp, nobody's pulling sharpies out and signing things, and nobody's dating Jessica Simpson. Its college hockey, and Weslosky would've made this team better, but as FTLT said we'll simply move on..... 'cause we here on the SCSU threads like to keep things simple.

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                    I know what you are saying, but I felt people needed to know there was more to the issue.
                    Yeah, but then to say "there was more" and not fill it in I think is the wrong way to go, but whatever, difference of opinion.... we'll call it a generational gap.

I agree Lee isn't going to have to much pressure. Let's face it, the Huskies don't have a mega fan base and they only have one beat writer who follows them. If Lee doesn't read this message board who is going to put pressure on him?
                    The Phoenix Coyotes for making him the highest-drafted American goalie this year... Dean Blais' and his nice little quote.... the team who probably told him from day one that he'd be the biggest player SCSU's ever seen.... 6,000 screaming fans every night..... nobody's gonna put pressure on him.

Ok, yeah, I realize its not like Duke basketball or Texas football, but don't think that he doesn't have quite a bit of pressure on him already.
                    Last edited by SCSU Euro; 08-27-2009, 10:43 PM.
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Not with the team he had in front of him and we all knew that.

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      This from the person who after Weslosky's sophomore year, which was a year ago I believe, talked so highly of him and all his records.

He had a great year and the hope was it would continue, it didn't he let up bad and screwed himself.

Also, I don't buy the "distraction" bull****. This isn't the NFL, there aren't video cameras taping them being driven to camp, nobody's pulling sharpies out and signing things, and nobody's dating Jessica Simpson. Its college hockey, and Weslosky would've made this team better, but as FTLT said we'll simply move on..... 'cause we here on the SCSU threads like to keep things simple.
                      You also aren't in the locker room and I'm sure it is a distraction when you are counting on a guy who can't get to it together in the classroom or is causing other problems with a lack of focus and it turns into a situation where it sounds like they didn't want the guy around.

The Phoenix Coyotes for making him the highest-drafted American goalie this year... Dean Blais' and his nice little quote.... the team who probably told him from day one that he'd be the biggest player SCSU's ever seen.... 6,000 screaming fans every night..... nobody's gonna put pressure on him.

Ok, yeah, I realize its not like Duke basketball or Texas football, but don't think that he doesn't have quite a bit of pressure on him already
                      You are confusing expectations with pressure.
                      He has a lot of expected of him, but he isn't going to be forced to do it all, he isn't going to be put in an impossible situation and told to get the team out of it.
                      I'll put it this way, Goepfert for the most part had pressure.
                      His first year the team had little expectations of scoring and a very average defense from a team that had finished 9th the year before.
                      He was expected to be the difference and be the one to pull them out of it.
                      So far, I haven't seen much of that out of Lee.
                      Yes it's expected that he will be the starter (eventually) but he isn't being told you have to go win it all, not with the offense we have and a defense that should be much improved with a year's experience under them.
                      The expectations are high, but the quality of the other players around him help take the pressure off him.
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20090...s-on-the-scene
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll...fe.sctimes.com

Sounds like Weslosky may be dropped as an Isles prospect all together because of his academic issues and Olson ready to start a pro career.
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

He has a lot of expected of him, but he isn't going to be forced to do it all, he isn't going to be put in an impossible situation and told to get the team out of it.
                            His first year the team had little expectations of scoring and a very average defense from a team that had finished 9th the year before.
                            Yes it's expected that he will be the starter (eventually) but he isn't being told you have to go win it all, not with the offense we have and a defense that should be much improved with a year's experience under them.
                            The expectations are high, but the quality of the other players around him help take the pressure off him.
                            I actually agree with you 100%. Rabid are you posting for your wife again?

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

I actually agree with you 100%. Rabid are you posting for your wife again?
                              No, but we do agree on the expectations/pressure on Lee.
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

You also aren't in the locker room and I'm sure it is a distraction when you are counting on a guy who can't get to it together in the classroom or is causing other problems with a lack of focus and it turns into a situation where it sounds like they didn't want the guy around.
                                You aren't in the locker room either. I never said that there's no way it was a distraction, I just said I'm not buying that there HAD to have been. I believe the team would've been better with Weslosky, and if you wanna disprove that, the burden of proof is on you to come up with why he was a distraction, not just blindly claiming so.

So Goepfert had all the pressure on him... because the team around him was a team coming off a 9th place season and had no expectations? If the team had no expectations, there was no pressure... if he does great, he's a savior, and if he doesn't, the team was supposed to be horrible. And THIS is the argument that tb finally decides to agree with you on.

Remember... having a so-so year isn't acceptable according to tb, and after Blais annointed him the savior of SCSU hockey, and you guys claim there's no pressure on him. Ok....
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X