Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Originally posted by motox View Post
    I can't imagine a degree is very high on his list but who knows? Maybe he's PO'd that Motzko decided to bring Lee in this year and figured at BSU he can lag along academically and play next year when they're in the WCHA (and stick it to the Huskies.)
    Who does he think he is, Brett Favre?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I just don't buy into Bemidji. He obviously doesn't like being a student, and will spend another year being just a student, just to get one more season out of it?

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Does this make Jase a "Bad Boyz" nominee?
      Only person who would nominate him for that is his mother.
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        I just don't buy into Bemidji. He obviously doesn't like being a student, and will spend another year being just a student, just to get one more season out of it?
        It is just as surprising to me as it is to all of you that my first post for this season is going to be agreeing with SCSU Euro...you clearly are becoming more intelligent in your old age, so I give you props, well stated regarding Weslosky
        Living a Lifetime of bleeding RED & BLACK

SIOUX is a GIRLS name....

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
          There's a slight gap between academically eligible to play college hockey and academically eligible to continue school. If Jase falls into that gap, he should be able to transfer to Bemidji, bring up his grades, and play in 2010-2011.
          you are correct sir. You have to have so much progress toward your degree to be eligible. He could have a 3.00 GPA and not be eligible becuase he has not taken enough credits or he has repeated to many classes and has not earned enough credits.

Edit: also keep in mind Allenspach said he could be eligible by spring if he stayed at SCSU. this tells me he doesn't have enough credits and it is not GPA.
          Last edited by scsutommyboy; 08-24-2009, 05:15 PM.
          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU2039 View Post
            I believe I saw in the Times that ODB, one of the TNA Knockouts, is a former SCSU Women's hockey player. Not sure how accurate that is, it was the Times after all and my memory isn't always the best.

If that is right, there is a vague connection to SCSU hockey, at least on the women's side.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Kresa

Kresa's athletic background is in ice hockey, which her father encouraged her to pursue.[2] She was the captain of the first girls' team at her high school and played at St. Cloud State University for two years.

Comment

Sounds a lot like the Carman issue. Well, except for the Bemidji part.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                Only person who would nominate him for that is his mother.
                I heard she was hot..

Comment

She's also the current TNA Women's Champion.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                    you are correct sir. You have to have so much progress toward your degree to be eligible. He could have a 3.00 GPA and not be eligible becuase he has not taken enough credits or he has repeated to many classes and has not earned enough credits.

Edit: also keep in mind Allenspach said he could be eligible by spring if he stayed at SCSU. this tells me he doesn't have enough credits and it is not GPA.
                    Either way it's not smart and hints that he doesn't like school.
                    Maybe the Isles just don''t want to sign the kid at this point.
                    It hurts our depth, but I figured Lee would take his job anyway.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      Sounds a lot like the Carman issue. Well, except for the Bemidji part.
                      Carman had the balls to fix the problem at the school he was at. That takes more guts than throwing in the towel.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                        Either way it's not smart and hints that he doesn't like school.
                        Maybe the Isles just don''t want to sign the kid at this point.
                        It hurts our depth, but I figured Lee would take his job anyway.
                        Oh I am pretty sure he doesn't like school. Islelanders must not have any room for him or they are just going to let him go. Oh well if Lee is as good as he looks to be the team won't miss him.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Carman had the balls to fix the problem at the school he was at. That takes more guts than throwing in the towel.
                          Weslosky "fixed" it twice before.
                          My guess is Motzko had a hand in this, third strike, you're done.
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

So, Mike Lee looks like Shermanator from American Pie..

Comment

“Jase was someone a lot of the guys looked up to, so it sucks that it had to get to this point,” said Dunn, who had considered transferring this summer but was the first goalie on the ice Monday afternoon. “I know some of the guys aren’t happy with him, but everyone liked him. You hope things turn out OK and I’m sure he’ll be around. Bemidji isn’t that far away and we’ll see him again.”

Dunn tries to be "nice" about it it seems.
                              Raboin? Not so much

“This is news to some people but, to most of us on the team, it’s old — something we’ve expected for some time,” said Huskies senior defenseman Garrett Raboin, a second-year captain, who joined most of the other players for some afternoon ice time at the National Hockey Center. “This is a blip on our radar. We’ve moved past it.

“As you look at what we’ve got coming back, I’m excited. It should be a fun year. We’ve got a few freshmen and it’s going to be a different feel for them, but the majority of our team is coming back and that’s a strength.”

-Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                                Weslosky "fixed" it twice before.
                                My guess is Motzko had a hand in this, third strike, you're done.
                                Yep, that is my guess. I heard the team was pi$4ed at him last christmas when he had to sit out and Dunn proceeded to sieve out in the florida tourney. They dominated Cornell and lost because Dunn is a sieve. Weslosky also was not as committed as other players and motzko and team leaders got on him for that as well. I am not going to go into detail on what I heard beacuse there is not reason to throw the kid through mud. I wish him well and hopefully things work out for him.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Working...
                                X