Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Yeah, but can't we make it harder on them?

Plus, there's a big difference between SCSU and the surrounding town and community, just as there is with any U.S. college/university in small-town country.
    Okay...I will give you that.
    Originally posted by Skeeterman
    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      FTLT just just lobbing up a nice, juicy softball for other team's fans to come back that SCSU is filled with a bunch of hillbilly bumpkins.
      If they want to, oh well, it's not like those events don't come to other areas as well.
      I just found it interesting it's going to be in the NHC and not over at the Convention Center.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

13. (NR) Mike Lee, G – 7.0D
        6'1, 185 pounds
        3rd round, 91st overall, 2009
        October 5, 1990

It was no secret in the draft that the Coyotes would look to add a goalie, and they traded up for the 91st pick to take Lee. Lee was the USHL's Goalie of the Year as a rookie and was near the top in every major statistical category. Lee is a butterfly-style goalie with above average athleticism. Lee is an exceptional skater and puckhandler and likes to get involved often. He's headed to St. Cloud State this season on a team that already boasts two goaltenders drafted into the NHL (Jase Weslosky and Dan Dunn), so how much playing time he will see is still up in the air. Indications from USA's under-20 camp are that he is the favorite to start at the WJC.

Neither Oslund nor Jensen makes the Red Wings top 20.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          If they want to, oh well, it's not like those events don't come to other areas as well.
          I just found it interesting it's going to be in the NHC and not over at the Convention Center.
          They have had wrestling at the civic center? I didn't think that place had enough seats to host events like that and that is why the NHC is part of the 5th ave project.
          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
            They have had wrestling at the civic center? I didn't think that place had enough seats to host events like that and that is why the NHC is part of the 5th ave project.
            I think they had an event at the Convention Center a few years ago but don't quote me on that.
            I know that one of the companies came to Cloud in the late 90's.
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post

I know this is at the NHC but other than that I'm not seeing the connection to the Huskies? Do some of the proceeds go toward the renovation?
              I believe I saw in the Times that ODB, one of the TNA Knockouts, is a former SCSU Women's hockey player. Not sure how accurate that is, it was the Times after all and my memory isn't always the best.

If that is right, there is a vague connection to SCSU hockey, at least on the women's side.

Comment

Well Kevin Allenspach is reporting on his blog Wesloksy is not eligible and is transfering to BSU. I guess Lee is the man this year. I hope he can pull a bachman and stud out this year.

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll...fe.sctimes.com
                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU2039 View Post
                  I believe I saw in the Times that ODB, one of the TNA Knockouts, is a former SCSU Women's hockey player. Not sure how accurate that is, it was the Times after all and my memory isn't always the best.

If that is right, there is a vague connection to SCSU hockey, at least on the women's side.
                  As I recall, she played for them when it was still just a club team.

Comment

I am not so sure that academically BSU will be able to take Weslosky..

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                      Very true. If you can't make it academically at SCSU, you probably shouldn't be accepted into any college in the Western Hemisphere.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        Very true. If you can't make it academically at SCSU, you probably shouldn't be accepted into any college in the Western Hemisphere.
                        I hate to agree...but I do. I've had friends fail out of there, and I still ask "how do you become academically ineligible at St. Cloud???
                        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

• Does this make Jase a "Bad Boyz" nominee?

Comment

There's a slight gap between academically eligible to play college hockey and academically eligible to continue school. If Jase falls into that gap, he should be able to transfer to Bemidji, bring up his grades, and play in 2010-2011.
                            scsuhockey.com
                            CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                              Why would he want to transfer? With all the kids leaving school to play in bus leagues he may as well just go pro. Cripes if he can't hack it at SCSU then he's not worried about a degree is he?
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Why would he want to transfer? With all the kids leaving school to play in bus leagues he may as well just go pro. Cripes if he can't hack it at SCSU then he's not worried about a degree is he?
                                I can't imagine a degree is very high on his list but who knows? Maybe he's PO'd that Motzko decided to bring Lee in this year and figured at BSU he can lag along academically and play next year when they're in the WCHA (and stick it to the Huskies.)

Comment

Working...
                                X