Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

We are 10 days out from classes starting.
    The big thing all season has been which goalie is leaving, we still don't know and I think we won't know because neither is leaving.
    Doesn't say much for Dunn's playing time but IMO, it says a lot about his character as a teammate.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      We are 10 days out from classes starting.
      The big thing all season has been which goalie is leaving, we still don't know and I think we won't know because neither is leaving.
      Doesn't say much for Dunn's playing time but IMO, it says a lot about his character as a teammate.
      I would think they are going to red shirt him and then he still will have two years to play. Of course maybe no other school wanted him since he hasn't exactly light the world on fire when he has played. I feel bad for him since he is drafted, but he has had chances. I know Motzko was ******ed at Weslosky last year during the holiday tourney and if Dunn would have played well he might have been the guy down the stretch.

I hope motzko doesn't try to play three goalies at the beginning of the year. There are not enough games in college season to do that.
      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

I doubt that he wouldn't have been able to find a home.
        If Bryce Luker could transfer after the two seasons he put up at Tech, Dunn could leave.
        Maybe they do red-shirt him, wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

If Bryce Luker could transfer after the two seasons he put up at Tech, Dunn could leave.
          It would actually be great. Normally when a player transfers, they're often going down to a smaller level school (though I know there are exceptions) and with Dunn's limited collegiate playing time I can't see him going to a better program, and either way he's sitting out a year, so might as well sit out a year then stay where you are rather than try switching programs, and possibly end up at a significantly worse one.
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Maybe he couldn't find a home with as high of a schollie? I hope they red shirt him. The kid has potential and I don't see why keeping him around would hurt.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
              Maybe he couldn't find a home with as high of a schollie? I hope they red shirt him. The kid has potential and I don't see why keeping him around would hurt.
              Depends on how high his scholoarship is.
              I think a more likely possibility is he was never going to leave in the first place.
              I've never heard of a kid who wanted to transfer and couldn't find a home somewhere.
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

18. (17) Garrett Roe, C
                7th round, 153rd overall, 2008

As a dark-horse candidate to be a Hobey Baker Finalist this season, Garrett Roe will look to improve on his steady offensive numbers from his first two seasons with St. Cloud State. With the offensive potential and points that Roe has been able to accumulate in his career, it stands to reason that he should be higher up in these rankings, but he is another of the diminutive forwards that the Kings have come to be famous for, standing at only 5’8. He will need to prove himself every year and every game to convince the hockey world that he can compete against bigger and tougher competition. While the heart and determination of a prospect like Roe cannot be underestimated, he is still a high risk to succumb to stronger competition or not be able to translate his game to the professional ranks.
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                  For ****s and giggles, anyone wanna try to put together what they're thinking for forward lines and defensive pairings for next year?
                  Lasch-Marvin-Christian
                  Novak-Roe-LeBlanc
                  Festler-Hanowski-Eddy
                  Volpei-Oslund-Ryan
                  Pecks/Mosey

Raboin-Rioux
                  Zabs-Hepp
                  Lauridsen-Johnson
                  Barta/Ammerman/Gaudet
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Lasch-Marvin-Christian
                    Novak-Roe-LeBlanc
                    Festler-Hanowski-Eddy
                    Volpei-Oslund-Ryan
                    Pecks/Mosey

Raboin-Rioux
                    Zabs-Hepp
                    Lauridsen-Johnson
                    Barta/Ammerman/Gaudet
                    Is that everybody on the roster?

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                      Is that everybody on the roster?
                      Except for the goalies... Yes.

I like the centers you have, but I'm changing up the wings a bit. Notice the surprise I have on the fourth line!

Lasch-Marvin-LeBlanc - LeBlanc improved a lot, mostly showing his ability to play physically down low. Marvin keeps this line from getting burned defensively.
                      Festler-Roe-Eddy - Eddy and Roe give this line a lot of grit... opening up Festler to bury Roe's passes
                      Novak-Hanowski-Christian - Lots of speed on this line. If they can get the puck on Hano's stick below the dots, they can contribute offensively too.
                      Volpei-Oslund-Zabkowicz - Oslund should have opportunity to bang on this line, Zabs has a lot of hustle, and IMHO, can do more here than on the blueline
                      Pecks/Mosey/Ryan

Raboin-Lauridsen - Skills plus beast
                      Rioux-Hepp - Moderate skills, physical line
                      Barta-Johnson - Less size, more hands, very few minutes here
                      Ammerman/Gaudet
                      Last edited by The Exiled One; 08-12-2009, 12:47 PM.
                      scsuhockey.com
                      CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Team USA beat Russia 8-1 with Lee in net the entire game
                        Originally posted by Mankato student
                        Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                        "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                        -- Peter Klein

Comment

I hope they don't do the F/D thing again, it doesn't seem to work very well with us.
                          I also hope Ryan gets a good shot, he's got hustle and can bang a bit to, something I think would be missing with Zabs there.
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

“We found out a lot about our team tonight,” said Dean Blais, head coach of the 2010 U.S. National Junior Team. “Our offense played with a lot of speed, Mike Lee was spectacular when he was tested in the third, and we were very disciplined.”
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I hope they don't do the F/D thing again, it doesn't seem to work very well with us.
                              I also hope Ryan gets a good shot, he's got hustle and can bang a bit to, something I think would be missing with Zabs there.
                              It just seems odd to me to have the defensive bench three deep and the forward bench two deep... which is why I made the suggestion. Also, I don't think Ryan has the upside that Zabs would have on the fourth line. Frankly, Ryan or Peckskamp or Mosey getting regular minutes scares me.
                              scsuhockey.com
                              CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
                                Except for the goalies... Yes.

I like the centers you have, but I'm changing up the wings a bit. Notice the surprise I have on the fourth line!

Lasch-Marvin-LeBlanc - LeBlanc improved a lot, mostly showing his ability to play physically down low. Marvin keeps this line from getting burned defensively.
                                Festler-Roe-Eddy - Eddy and Roe give this line a lot of grit... opening up Festler to bury Roe's passes
                                Novak-Hanowski-Christian - Lots of speed on this line. If they can get the puck on Hano's stick below the dots, they can contribute offensively too.
                                Volpei-Oslund-Zabkowicz - Oslund should have opportunity to bang on this line, Zabs has a lot of hustle, and IMHO, can do more here than on the blueline
                                Pecks/Mosey/Ryan

Raboin-Lauridsen - Skills plus beast
                                Rioux-Hepp - Moderate skills, physical line
                                Barta-Johnson - Less size, more hands, very few minutes here
                                Ammerman/Gaudet
                                Zabs is the second best puck moving defenseman we got. Motzko better not move him to forward.

It will be interesting to see how the lines shake out. Part of me thinks Motzko is going to shake things up and not use the same combo's he did last year at all. I really think Hanowski is going to be on the first or second line this year. This team didn't score enough last year and he needs to shake things up.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Working...
                                X