Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey - 2009/2010

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
    The first goal would not have happened had he controlled he rebound on the initial shot...
    he had major rebound control problems.....but thought he made some nice stops as well as williams, and KGT was very well positioned and did well with his rebounds, also handles the puck well..should b fun soon, at the suny's

Comment

Originally posted by Birds View Post
      --------------------------------------------------------I think I agree with some of your comments but I had a few of my own that I wanted to make. First, I thought it was disrespectful for the Oswego players to move constantly during the Naional Anthem and to leave the line and start skating toward the bench before the anthem was completed. Also, thought that perhaps their style of aggressiveness and lack of discipline on the ice would have improved since last year with the new commers. We all remember Ward Smith"s attack. The major penalty and also punch to Ryan Corey's face did not show such discipline. Concerning the game, yes without a doubt they have some talented forwards but defensively, I was not impresssed. They don't handle the puck well and especially when they are pressured in their end. Goaltending, also does not impress me. He doesn' t handle the puck well and looks good when he doesn't have much pressure, like when they play Buffalo State. He can be had. I thought had one of the shots off the post or crossbar gone in for the Cards, it might have turned out differently. Having said all that, I will give my positives now. Great atmosphere, kids were fine,having a good time. Even let me ahead in line for a coffee. Rink is superb and good acoustics. Overall a good game to watch. Look forward to another visit to Oswego in March.
      Did you save my post Birds?

Missed chance #1 to have that thrown back in my face.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Ranger View Post
        Tim Hale wasted his time and breath once to lecture students at the front of the line about our speech being too "unfriendly to the image of Oswego" for 10 minutes. The man is making himself out to look like a power fanatic blowhard who can't resist getting a hand in on the action and spoiling people's fun as much as possible.

It couldn't hurt for the director to show a little more humility and acknowledgment, and stop acting like an arrogant arse (any admin official can do that for that matter) - I sympathize for you Champ.
        Well I was asked by a TRooper/campus cop to stop cursing, I never cursed the whole game, well the officer then told me he was told by the " rink manager", to come over and calm me down..WOW, I yelled at the poor refing mostly, not even Plattsburgh, ugh, get real hockey is a emotional game wether playing or watching,....LET THE KIDS CHANT..........

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
          Well I was asked by a TRooper/campus cop to stop cursing, I never cursed the whole game, well the officer then told me he was told by the " rink manager", to come over and calm me down..WOW, I yelled at the poor refing mostly, not even Plattsburgh, ugh, get real hockey is a emotional game wether playing or watching,....LET THE KIDS CHANT..........
          I heard it coming from you, didn't hear a single curse word and cheer on dude! Welcome to Hale Arena. Nothing that came out of your mouth should warrant that, but then again its Hale's world. We get the same thing now in Plattsburgh. Now you can see why us old school fans get so P'd Off at this new school crap.
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I know that some Oswego fans aren't pleased with some parts of the CC rink, but I thought it was amazing. I wanted to see it a couple of years ago when I was on a job interview there, but they showed me Romney instead (why????--sidetracking a little, I have no clue how they played hockey games in that, but I bet it was exciting!)

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
              I heard it coming from you, didn't hear a single curse word and cheer on dude! Welcome to Hale Arena. Nothing that came out of your mouth should warrant that, but then again its Hale's world. We get the same thing now in Plattsburgh. Now you can see why us old school fans get so P'd Off at this new school crap.
              10-4, if these people who want to censor the fans spent 1 game at the old romney when I was playing they would have a heart attack.......the student section was greeeeeat, but thought we could have had a few more non-students cheering........????

Comment

Originally posted by Birds View Post
                --------------------------------------------------------I think I agree with some of your comments but I had a few of my own that I wanted to make. First, I thought it was disrespectful for the Oswego players to move constantly during the Naional Anthem and to leave the line and start skating toward the bench before the anthem was completed. Also, thought that perhaps their style of aggressiveness and lack of discipline on the ice would have improved since last year with the new commers. We all remember Ward Smith"s attack. The major penalty and also punch to Ryan Corey's face did not show such discipline. Concerning the game, yes without a doubt they have some talented forwards but defensively, I was not impresssed. They don't handle the puck well and especially when they are pressured in their end. Goaltending, also does not impress me. He doesn' t handle the puck well and looks good when he doesn't have much pressure, like when they play Buffalo State. He can be had. I thought had one of the shots off the post or crossbar gone in for the Cards, it might have turned out differently. Having said all that, I will give my positives now. Great atmosphere, kids were fine,having a good time. Even let me ahead in line for a coffee. Rink is superb and good acoustics. Overall a good game to watch. Look forward to another visit to Oswego in March.
                Let me see if I have this right. Lack of discipline, not impressed with the defense and goal tending but they BEAT you twice. Man I would hate to your opinion of your team!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lakerfan View Post
                  Let me see if I have this right. Lack of discipline, not impressed with the defense and goal tending but they BEAT you twice. Man I would hate to your opinion of your team!!!!
                  So let me see if I have this right... when Plattsburgh went undefeated against the Lakers in 06-07 including a 4-1 win over the Lakers in Oswego they were better then Oswego, yet Oswego won the National Title, so in all actuality Plattsburgh was the #1 team that year because they were better then Oswego..... Someday you will realize just because you win a game or two does not automaticly make you a "better" team. Sometimes the "better" team doesn't win. Or sometimes the "better" team can have issues with their team. I will say this the Oswego defense has been better this year then years past.
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

So let me see if I have this right... when Plattsburgh went undefeated against the Lakers in 06-07 including a 4-1 win over the Lakers in Oswego they were better then Oswego, yet Oswego won the National Title, so in all actuality Plattsburgh was the #1 team that year because they were better then Oswego..... Someday you will realize just because you win a game or two does not automaticly make you a "better" team. Sometimes the "better" team doesn't win. Or sometimes the "better" team can have issues with their team. I will say this the Oswego defense has been better this year then years past.

Couldn't agree with you more. The last three years I though the Cards had the edge. This year I think the Lakers have the edge.
                    Oswego State 1980 Grad
                    (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
                      Couldn't agree with you more. The last three years I though the Cards had the edge. This year I think the Lakers have the edge.
                      The years Ellis during Plattsburghs 9-0-1 record Oswego had some really good teams in those games, and Plattsburgh was able to pull out some huge wins. There were games that Plattsburgh won against Oswego that they probably shouldn't have and games where Oswego was the better team.

The 06 5-5 tie....Plattsburgh was outshot 31-12 over the final 2 periods and overtime. '08 when Oswego was up 3-1 going into the third period.

That 07-08 team was scary but couldn't put it together...
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Where did I say that Oswego is the better team, all I said is that they beat Plattsburgh twice. You are saying that I said, Oswego is the better team. I have been around sports my entire life, playing and coaching and I know that it takes more than a couple of wins to prove that you are the better team.
                        I just didn't understand how someone can put down a team that has beaten his team twice. I just see it as him not giving Oswego any respect.
                        Good Luck the rest year and I'm sure we'll see each other later on. And the old saying is that it is HARD to beat the same team 3 times in a year.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                          A very lucky and happy kid got his stick on the way off the ice last night...
                          I saw him taping it in the locker room on Wednesday and commented on how he shouldn't use it against Plattsburgh - being that its a red stick - and he said its all they sent him and that if it works, it will quiet people down. It worked its magic and is therefore unneeded... so, souvenir it is!
                          If WNYO provides the "Voice of the Lakers" does that mean I'm the "Face of the Lakers?"

WTOP Sports Director & PxP 2009-2010

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            Exactly.

It's a joke. Don't even get me started on the fact that all of our SUNYAC championships and NCAA tournament banners are confined to one banner.
                            It's brilliant really... because once they fill up one banner... they have to make another... meaning that in 400 years there will be banners all over and each will commemorate +/- 15 titles!!! Brilliant move.... brilliant.....
                            If WNYO provides the "Voice of the Lakers" does that mean I'm the "Face of the Lakers?"

WTOP Sports Director & PxP 2009-2010

Comment

I've been looking for this on-line, for your reading pleasure, a mere 176 pages.

2009-10 SUNYAC HANDBOOK

ICE HOCKEY OPERATING CODE begins on page 67.

Includes:

Section 5: Method of Determining Champion
                              A. The Conference Championship shall be determined by a six-team tournament. The Ice Hockey Coaches Committee set up the following criteria to determine the selection of the six teams. In the event of ties the following format will be used to determine seeding:
                              1. The best record of tied teams against each other based on Conference play (tournament play will not be considered).
                              2. Number of total conference wins over ties if points are equal.
                              3. Goal differential against each other in Conference play.
                              4. Goal differential against all other Conference teams.
                              5. Coin flip by Commissioner.
                              Displacement - defined as automatic bumping to lower position.
                              B. Format – The playoffs will start on the first Tuesday after the conclusion of the regular season. The number 1 & 2 seeds will draw byes on Tuesday,
                              Feb. 19th.
                              Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - #6 seed at #3 seed
                              #5 seed at #4 seed
                              Saturday, February 27, 2010 - Lowest remaining seed at #1
                              Second lowest seed at #2
                              Saturday, March 6, 2010 - Championship
                              *If game ends in a tie, a 12 or 15 min. intermission and then a 20 min. sudden death overtime, If no score, 20 min. overtime continues until a winner is determined.
                              C. Tournament Time -- The games for the tournament will be at 7:00 p.m.
                              D. Officials – Assigned by ECAC.

Tournament Tickets: Adults - $5.00 per night, students - $2.00 per night.
                              High School students - $3.00. Courtesy tickets--4 competing colleges - 12 passes (to be used as institution desires) Two passes to each game official, if requested. If host charges more during season for games, use the host team's price for admission. No Complimentary Tickets.

----------------------

Section 10: Crowd Control

The responsibility for crowd control rests with the Director of Athletics or the designated representative of the host institution. The Directors of Athletics of the competing institutions are expected to communicate with their students and other interested fans prior to the competition to encourage enthusiastic support within the confines of good sportsmanship. The Directors of Athletics or their designated representatives (other than Coaches) shall be available at the site of the competition to assist in controlling the crowd.
                              The Director of Athletics or the designated representative of the host institution should be prepared to go to the public address system at the first sign of unsportsmanlike crowd behavior and request cooperation in maintaining proper playing conditions.

Only the participants, coaches, officials and authorized personnel shall be allowed in the competition area before, during and at the conclusion of competition.

Artificial noisemakers, air horns and electronic instruments are not permissible. The Director of Athletics or the designated representative of the host institution is responsible for removing such instruments from the competition area. Bands or any component thereof are not allowed to play while the competition is in progress.

The SUNYAC governing sports committees believe the conduct before, during and after the competition of all those representing the participating institutions should exemplify the highest traditions of college athletics.

No alcoholic beverages shall be sold or otherwise be made available for consumption in connection with a SUNYAC Championship, nor shall any such beverages be brought to the site during the Championship. "During the Championship" is intended to include the period from the time access to the site is available to spectators until all patrons have left the facility or area used for competition. - page 69/176
                              Last edited by norm1909; 02-01-2010, 04:51 PM.
                              Larry Normandin
                              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I went to see Cornell/North Dakota a couple weeks ago at Lynah. They have a chant involving an F-bomb that everyone smiles and cheers, including townies, including 7 year old kids. If its ok for Cornell, why can't it be ok for Oswego? I've missed Romney and don't make nearly as many games as I used to. Truthfully, I haven't sat at the CC for a Whiteout game yet. Sometimes by choice, sometimes by scheduling. This year I was coaching in a hockey tournament across town, and our Tournament Director scheduled us for 8PM that night. I would have gone this year. But seriously, I can probably count on 2 hands how many games I've sat in the CC. I used to never miss a home game. There's something to be said for an old, outdated, cold environment like Romney. I'd rather watch a game there than anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X