X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your one do-over.

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
    For SCSU...
    Don't we first need to play in important games before we can start asking for a do-over?
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
      There are actually quite a few that have posted in here... get your facts straight before the insults start flying.
      Learn to take a joke. Or some Midol.

If I whined everyone took a gratuitous jab at the Gophers I'd never stop.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
        There are actually quite a few that have posted in here... get your facts straight before the insults start flying.
        Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Learn to take a joke. Or some Midol.

If I whined everyone took a gratuitous jab at the Gophers I'd never stop.

Have the Summer crankees set in?

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
          Have the Summer crankees set in?
          Look who the Twins are playing...

MN Sports Fans: The NY Yankees bring the Summer Crankees
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Aside from any national championship games, mine would be that game where Joe Finley pulled Blake Wheeler out of the handshake line after the game and fought him. I would've liked the Gophers to pummel Finley during the game so that he would not have been so keen to drop the gloves after it.
            Gopher Hockey: Minnesota's Pride on Ice

National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

My Gopher Hockey Blog: http://prideoniceblog.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by gophers79 View Post
              Aside from any national championship games, mine would be that game where Joe Finley pulled Blake Wheeler out of the handshake line after the game and fought him. I would've liked the Gophers to pummel Finley during the game so that he would not have been so keen to drop the gloves after it.
              It'd been awfully tough to do when the team was hiding behind Lucia.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                As for Dora, if he was taking steriods, they sure didn't work! The guy was maybe 165 lbs soaking wet, and not very strong on his skates, either. The guy was a gritty player and got his share of points on pure effort, rather than talent. Looked like a grocery bagger, not a hockey player.

I still don't know what he did to get himself suspended for the NCAA title game, but my hunch is the team rule he broke likely had more to do with curfews than drugs.
                It's hard to imagine meeting Dora and thinking he took steroids. I know why he was suspended, but there's no way in my mind that he was on 'roids.
                Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                The end of the 2002 season, DU, #1 seed, was 32-7-1 and "got" to play at Yost against Michigan in the NCAA regional. Gwozdecky was up for the Penrose. Frozen Four here we come. OOOPs the away team, Michigan won the game.
                Do over--not have to play Michigan at yost, play in a different region. Or Win the game.
                This is the one that comes to my mind. Dubie had a ridiculous season that year.
                Last edited by duper; 07-09-2009, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                  The end of the 2002 season, DU, #1 seed, was 32-7-1 and "got" to play at Yost against Michigan in the NCAA regional. Gwozdecky was up for the Penrose. Frozen Four here we come. OOOPs the away team, Michigan won the game.
                  Do over--not have to play Michigan at yost, play in a different region. Or Win the game.
                  BU had to play in NH against UNH, in front of a very good UNH crowd this year despite being the #1 seed in the whole tournament. granted it wasn't UNH's home stadium but that was a UNH crowd. Great teams win those games, and if they don't they probably wouldn't win in the FF either.
                  Boston University Hockey National Champions: 1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

"We shouldn't have to beat BC for the nationals. Hell, we can do that any time." - BU legend Jack O'Callahan after winning NCAA championship

30 Beanpot titles and counting

Comment

Originally posted by BU-Grad View Post
                    it would only make sense for Northeastern fans, because they haven't played in that many big games and the 20-plus years without a Beanpot is starting to take on a pre-2004 Red Sox feel. that being said... for NU fans why not pick the HE semifinal this year (too many men on the ice) or loss to Cornell in the NCAAs.
                    HE semifinal... still the final left to go.
                    Loss to Cornell... considering what Bemidji did to ND and Cornell, I wouldn't be all that confident of NU getting past them.

At least my Beanpot pick was one where a win would have meant hardware.
                    Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

I would love to have a do-over of just one particular faceoff in the 1985 national championship game between RPI and Providence.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                        That was a very, very difficult loss. However, I might pick a few others that I would like a do-over on.

1. 2001 National Title Game - We were going for back-to-back titles, and had all the momentum after scoring twice in the final few minutes to tie the game in the 3rd. A defensive breakdown by Schneekloth and the game is over.

2. 2005 National Title Game - With the game tied at 1, we appear to score the go ahead goal. The puck was in Mannino's glove, and it looked like his entire glove was in the net. The officials reviewed it and were not able to determine if the entire puck was in the net. While DU was a powerhouse of a team, I feel as though had North Dakota taken a lead in that game, we would have dictated the rest of the game. Add on to that a goal off of one of our defensemen's skates, and DU took home the title.

3. 2008 Frozen Four Semifinal - 6-1.

4. 1998 and 1999 Regional Finals - Perhaps the two best teams that North Dakota had in a five year stretch where they won two titles and lost in a final. We drew Michigan @ Michigan, and then laid a stinker against BC @ Madison. Both were very disappointing, with the edge going to the Michigan game where we had a lead heading into the third.
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          2. 2005 National Title Game - With the game tied at 1, we appear to score the go ahead goal. The puck was in Mannino's glove, and it looked like his entire glove was in the net. The officials reviewed it and were not able to determine if the entire puck was in the net. While DU was a powerhouse of a team, I feel as though had North Dakota taken a lead in that game, we would have dictated the rest of the game. Add on to that a goal off of one of our defensemen's skates, and DU took home the title.
                          And don't forget one goal off of Paul Stastny's butt.

You have to admit, though, the 3rd goal was a beauty!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                            And don't forget one goal off of Paul Stastny's butt.

You have to admit, though, the 3rd goal was a beauty!!
                            Didn't that one go off of Smaby too?
                            DU Football Undefeated since 1962

Originally posted by dggoddard
                            Pioneers04 is a great wing man.

Comment

I think I speak for all SLU fans when I say 1988 NC game vs LSSU in Lake Placid.

Another thread thought: Game you would most like to Re-live and be at again, sort of an epitome of games thread.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                                Another thread thought: Game you would most like to Re-live and be at again, sort of an epitome of games thread.
                                October 18, 2003, NMU at MTU. Let the box score speak for itself.

Either that, or this game against #1 UND. That game was the loudest I have ever heard the MacInnes get.
                                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                                X