Your one do-over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your one do-over.

1994 NCAA game against LSSU. Just so they could get the call correct on the OT goal where everything but the words crossed the goal line.
    Originally posted by Bakunin
    Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      Scuderi? He was long gone from BC by then. Wasn't it Motherwell?
      Peter Harrold.
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

2004 UMD leading Denver 3-1 going into the 3rd and owning that game. F-U Puck Swami. I would like to destroy Lucas "how much roids can I take" Dora as well.
        http://www.umdpenaltybo*****

2011 NCAA DIVISION 1 CHAMPIONS

TITLE COUNT: tUMD = 1, SCSU = 0

Chris Benoit:Burn in Hell

Comment

Originally posted by uofminneandy View Post
          1989, N.C. late in the game Gophers come down on a rush and hit the post. As sometimes in hockey on the next rush Harvard scores claiming title. That sack punch lasted in me gut for 13 long years!!
          But Harvard didn't rush back down and score the next goal. They scored within two minutes of the Gophers hitting the post.
          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I'd mug Tim McConaugh in the parking lot before the 1992 national final.

Comment

Is it even necessary to ask a Miami fan what their do over is?

Unless you're a Redhawk fan, does any of us really have a gripe here? 60 seconds, and 2 goals. It's like Nicholas Cages' straight flush against James Caan in "Honeymoon in Vegas". There's no way you're going to lose.

As a Gopher fan, I don't think I should ever get sympothy for Harvard in '89 when Miami went through what they did this year. {Shudder}

As far as I'm concerned, game over for Miami and this thread.
              Originally posted by Skeeterman
              Ski yo momma!
              Originally Asked by Grant Potulny (After noticing an autograph seeker was wearing SCSU colors.)
              Who do you cheer for in the post season?

Comment

A shame there aren't many Princeton fans on these boards

2009 National Champion Boston University Terriers

Comment

1973, WCHA second round, two games total goals series, Notre Dame versus Wisconsin at the Joyce (then still referred to as the Athletic and Convocation Center). First game ends tied 4-all. Notre Dame loses the next night 4-3. But Wisconsin scores the game winner on a (in my biased opinion) bad call power play. To make matters worse, the previous night the Irish have one called back, as it was ruled off a skate (god I hate the way THAT rule has been interpreted over the years... ). Again I'm obviously not seeing it through unfiltered eyes, but many observers felt it was a good goal. The best early Irish squad. Wisconsin goes on to win the NCAA championship. If the outcome that weekend was just a little different, the history of hockey around here may have been quite different.

Comment

Originally posted by glazewsr View Post
                    An absolute no-brainer:
                    Oct 20, 1995 - I'd move Travis Roy three feet farther from the boards.
                    Third-ed.

(verrrrrrrrrrrry distant second would be the game in which the decision was made to allow Jason Tapp to continue as a collegiate level goalie.)
                    Boston University Hockey
                    1971 1972 1978 1995 2009

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                      Something to keep the creative juices flowing here everybody. Pick that one game, from the entire history of games you've watched that if you could play it over again because your team lost on a flukey goal or a back call perhaps. A loss to a big rival, or something from tournement time perhaps??
                      The whole 3rd Period, 2008 Midwest Regional Final (Madison, WI) North Dakota VS Wisconsin, UW up 2-0 going into the 3rd, 20 min from the frozen four and couldn't hold on and lost in OT.

I would probebly want Mike Davies to go top shelf on his breakaway once the goaltender stacked the pads, but he didn't. shot it right into the leather.

I still get sick to me stomach thinking about that game.... ****
                      The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                        1994 NCAA game against LSSU. Just so they could get the call correct on the OT goal where everything but the words crossed the goal line.
                        I thought the exact same thing. If replay is used at the time, game is over, NU moves on, LSSU does not and does not win the 94 National Championship. Refs simply blew the call. Really blew the call!

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Sober Hockey Guy View Post
                          2004 UMD leading Denver 3-1 going into the 3rd and owning that game. F-U Puck Swami. I would like to destroy Lucas "how much roids can I take" Dora as well.
                          If UMD fans could take back one play from that game, I'd recommend Berkhoel's kick save on Lessard at the end of the 2nd period.

Comment

One of the following:

- Jordan Foote doesn't hand over his Man Card to Matt Siddall in Marquette
                            - My last NMU game as a member of tSBFitW isn't a shutout at home
                            - The puck shot at Michigan's net in the second overtime of the 2007 GLI championship game is moved two inches to the left
                            - TJ Oshie doesn't get two too many open nets at the end of the 2007-08 season
                            - Casey Pierre-Zabotel gets one more crack at his entrance exams
                            Last edited by Twitch Boy; 07-07-2009, 05:10 PM.
                            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

'80, '81 or '89 would be the choice - not sure which one.

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Sober Hockey Guy View Post
                                Sorry man. It wasn't me.

The turning point of that game, at least for me, was when Berkhoel stacked the pads on a 2-on-0 break and stoned Junior Lessard in the second period. From that point on, Denver gained more and more confidence, and I think Issac (and his d-men in front of him) tensed up and played not to lose, rather than playing to win. Isaac was never really the same goalie after that game, either.

As for Dora, if he was taking steriods, they sure didn't work! The guy was maybe 165 lbs soaking wet, and not very strong on his skates, either. The guy was a gritty player and got his share of points on pure effort, rather than talent. Looked like a grocery bagger, not a hockey player.

I still don't know what he did to get himself suspended for the NCAA title game, but my hunch is the team rule he broke likely had more to do with curfews than drugs.

In any event, I think had Lessard scored on the 2-on-0, DU would have been toast at 4-1, and UMD would have played Maine for all the marbles...

Comment

Working...
                                X