X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason III: Screw It, Somebody Look Up The Cheat Codes

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    There is an article about olsen at espn.com. Sorry I don't have the link.
    All I can find is that they reprinted InCH's A to Z article about Brett (along with all the other players featured in the A to Z series).

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
      This one beats all.
      *****http://img.***********.com/albums/v291/shutout31pyro/97-98JgodboutfrtMedium.jpg******
      Argh! My eyes!

Comment

I hadn't seen the following about former Tech goaltender, Cam Ellsworth.

http://www.musketeershockey.com/leag...92&pageID=1380

Looks like he's working alongside Comley's son.
        Huskeeeeez

Comment

HOOTERS?
          There's a hooters on 16 and Rochester? I know there's one in Roseville, which would be closer to my house.

Originally posted by Yager View Post
          haha here is the story. go to 1997.
          http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=lukas/070823
          Okay those are hideous, and should be taken as a lesson of why just not any one should be allowed to design stuff.
          Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
          *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by MacInnes Diehard View Post
            I hadn't seen the following about former Tech goaltender, Cam Ellsworth.

http://www.musketeershockey.com/leag...92&pageID=1380

Looks like he's working alongside Comley's son.
            Notice Doriott's at the top of the page. Sounds like he could make a Tech assistant someday maybe replace Chris Tok, though I'd like to see Mikesch go first.
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
              Notice Doriott's at the top of the page. Sounds like he could make a Tech assistant someday maybe replace Chris Tok, though I'd like to see Mikesch go first.
              What's wrong with the tech coaching staff? I thought they're doing a great job? I mean they have such a disadvantage recruiting because of location, small school, limited budget, m to f ratio, losing records, old arena..... Come on you have to give them a chance. I mean 7 years isn't any where near enough to provide stability in program. You have to give them 10 year at least.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
                What's wrong with the tech coaching staff? I thought they're doing a great job? I mean they have such a disadvantage recruiting because of location, small school, limited budget, m to f ratio, losing records, old arena..... Come on you have to give them a chance. I mean 7 years isn't any where near enough to provide stability in program. You have to give them 10 year at least.
                I'm pretty sure Flashy's referring to the possibility of them eventually moving on, not necessarily getting canned. Tok in particular, without strong ties to MTU, may want to become a lead assistant somewhere if he wants a HC job someday.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
                  I'm fine with Russell and Tok, I feel we need somebody with stronger ties to the Canadian Junior Leagues.
                  Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                  What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                    I'm fine with Russell and Tok, I feel we need somebody with stronger ties to the Canadian Junior Leagues.
                    Don Cherry?
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Pep Band was in fine form this afternoon at the SDC. trying out the new digs with a roaring rendition of "Final Countdown".
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                        Pep Band was in fine form this afternoon at the SDC. trying out the new digs with a roaring rendition of "Final Countdown".
                        Rumor has it they hit 130 dB in McArdle.

I'm skeptical, but if this is true, let me put that number into perspective.

They could put up a fair fight against a 747 taking off.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

there was a bunch of them. guessing it was the full crew.
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                            there was a bunch of them. guessing it was the full crew.
                            They were expecting up to 300 members this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                              Rumor has it they hit 130 dB in McArdle.

I'm skeptical, but if this is true, let me put that number into perspective.

They could put up a fair fight against a 747 taking off.
                              i would seriously doubt that they could hit 130 db. maybe 110 or 115. 130 would hurt!

Maybe we should pipe in the fan noise thru the PA system like they do at certain unnamed college arena,s and up the DB's in the sdc.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

i would seriously doubt that they could hit 130 db. maybe 110 or 115. 130 would hurt!

Maybe we should pipe in the fan noise thru the PA system like they do at certain unnamed college arena,s and up the DB's in the sdc.
                                We hung around 120 (measured from the conductor's stand) near the end of my career. That's believable, maybe 1 or 2 dB higher depending on where in the room you measured from and if we were going balls-out. dB's drop off pretty quickly as distance increases - I was once clocked on my clarinet at point blank at 123.

Also, the dB scale is logarithmic - going up 10 dB means you are TEN times as loud.

130 is insane, but they say that's what they recorded, from the conductor's stand no less.
                                Last edited by Twitch Boy; 08-29-2009, 08:28 PM.
                                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                                X