This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason III: Screw It, Somebody Look Up The Cheat Codes

Speaking of rainbows and pots of gold! Just think in the 2010-11 season finishing 10th will be considered an improvement!
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Boosh View Post
      I wouldn't call myself a Packer fan per se. As a man, I am not legally able to ignore football as I can do with dumb baseball. As such, I have adopted the Packers as my Sunday afternoon drinking entertainment, since I am obliged to know what is going on in the NFL for the sake of sociability during the fall and winter months. Its a lot better than the Viqueens, Bears or Lions too
      Please, do not ever refer to baseball, the national pastime, as a dumb game. baseball is chess played with action figures. No one refers to chess as a dumb game. Football, now that''s another story.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Please, do not ever refer to baseball, the national pastime, as a dumb game. baseball is chess played with action figures. No one refers to chess as a dumb game. Football, now that''s another story.
        Haha! You're a moron.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Frankly, I only find baseball entertaining if I'm actually at the game. It's not sport I can just sit down and watch on TV. To me, it's very anti-climatic to watch a pitcher spend ten seconds giving the batter some corny rendition of the evil eye while debating what sort of pitch to throw, as if he's a major world leader faced with the decision of whether or not he should give the authority to launch a nuclear missile.

To get the "national pastime" vibe, I have to have the whole park experience.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
            Speaking of rainbows and pots of gold! Just think in the 2010-11 season finishing 10th will be considered an improvement!
            People like you are why I rooted for Michigan out of spite last season.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Frankly, I only find baseball entertaining if I'm actually at the game.
              Thank you

I'd much rather watch golf on TV than baseball
              @#$% Calgary, Go Oilers Go

Your mom is so fat that the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10^8 m/s

Originally posted by Jon
              I'd much rather be in WI.

Comment

I'd rather watch women's golf than baseball.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  Now that's just crazy talk. That's like actually wanting to watch the WNBA
                  @#$% Calgary, Go Oilers Go

Your mom is so fat that the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10^8 m/s

Originally posted by Jon
                  I'd much rather be in WI.

Comment

Now THAT is crazy talk; the WNBA is just a myth, like the moon landing or women at Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

I'm watching baseball right now, as I'm typing this.
                      Thank you

I'd much rather watch golf on TV than baseball
                      Yeah, as much as I like to watch baseball, I would rather watch golf. As long as its the weekend of a major. The Open this past weekend is a sporting event that I'll never forget watching.
                      I watch women's golf too, but definitely only majors for the women, or anytime Natalie or Paula is in contention.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Baseball on TV: it's okay, and better than watching it live.
                        Football on TV: rules. Live? Meh. TV timeouts suck.

And bigblue......I know it was you.......send me a copy of the video of you-know-who. You know, your fantasy baseball team's namesake.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

What if it was Strip Golf??
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Baseball on TV: it's okay, and better than watching it live.
                            Football on TV: rules. Live? Meh. TV timeouts suck.
                            College football in the right place, best experience you can have, college football on TV does not live up to it, at all.
                            Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                            *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Blog post from Saturday's scrimmage at the Capitals Development Camp:

Eric Kattelus scored the game’s highlight reel goal. Kattelus carried the puck into the zone with speed and with pressure from behind. As he careened toward the cage, he lost his footing and went down, just as Holtby came out to administer a pokecheck. Kattelus managed a one-handed shot that eluded the pokecheck bid and skipped over Holtby’s shoulder and into the net.
                              Wish I'd seen that one! Sounds Ovechkinesque. A far cry from "doing laundry".

Good luck to the three Tech boys for this season and for the rest of their FOUR YEARS in Houghton! (fingers crossed)

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming about random things and arguments

Comment

Happy Birthday Twitch and P_B.
                                I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Working...
                                X