X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason III: Screw It, Somebody Look Up The Cheat Codes

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Fair enough. Enjoy 9th this year... next year that'll be a much more difficult accomplishment for you to live up to.
    Well, if long-term trends are just going to continue, then I guess St. Cloud can look forward to losing to an eastern program they should beat in the first round of the tournament.

Status quo maintained.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Well, if long-term trends are just going to continue, then I guess St. Cloud can look forward to losing to an eastern program they should beat in the first round of the tournament.

Status quo maintained.
      Even though I would probably jump off a bridge if I went to Jan Brady, I'd much rather have a NCAA game to lose perpetually than none at all
      @#$% Calgary, Go Oilers Go

Your mom is so fat that the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10^8 m/s

Originally posted by Jon
      I'd much rather be in WI.

Comment

Originally posted by Boosh View Post
        ...I'd much rather have a NCAA game to lose perpetually than none at all
        I've always wondered why so many people feel this way. Personally, I'd rather be a fan of a team with some tradition that has simply fallen on hard times, than a relatively young program with a penchant for choking in important games.

*shrugs* I guess I'm just crazy.
        Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 07-16-2009, 01:24 PM.

Comment

I've always wondered why so many people feel this way. Personally, I'd rather be a fan of a team with some tradition that has simply fallen on hard times, than a relatively young program with a penchant for choking in important games.

Can I just split the difference and cheer for Michigan?
          Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
          *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

So you're a Maple Leafs fan?
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
              Can I just split the difference and cheer for Michigan?
              A team with tradition that now has a penchant for choking in important games?
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                A team with tradition that now has a penchant for choking in important games?
                exactly.
                Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

See, we're not a young program though, and we do have tradition. Unfortunately, the last time we've had measurable success, children were still cowering in fear of possible nuclear anihilation of the planet. History is fun to read about, but it means absolutely nothing right now, and I'd like to have some post-season games to lose for a change

Originally posted by Jon

Comment

I'd like to have some post-season games to lose for a change
                    That explains why you became an Oilers fan.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      So you're a Maple Leafs fan?
                      Next to the Wings, yeah kinda.

And the Wings, even though they win, have the requisite tradition.

And Boosh, that's fine, I understand. It's just that I would hate to see Tech suddenly stumble into enough talent to be good on a fairly regular basis, only to choke in the postseason when the possibility of a FF appearance is on the line. As it stands, I at least know that postseason disappointment isn't likely for MTU, because we aren't even going to make the NCAAs in the first place.

Comment

This is a stupid argument.

Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          This is a stupid argument.

Hi, you must be new to this thread

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          That explains why you became an Oilers fan.
                          I don't think its legal for me to like a sports team that is successful

Originally posted by Jon

Comment

That Blake Pietila kid who's been mentioned around here apparently did not make the U17 team. Sounds like he was a darkhorse to begin with.

Comment

I'd like to have some post-season games to lose for a change
                              I'd like to have a post-season game.
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

well, personally I'm sorry to see him go and it will be a hit but to say enjoy 9th is totally uncalled for. As far as our neighbors from the rural minnesota town, they have grounds to talk?
                                I'm sure jsr will blame the coach.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X