• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason III: Screw It, Somebody Look Up The Cheat Codes

Originally posted by MeanEgirl View Post
    ...and that video makes me sad...
    Same here, he's gone, time to take his name off the roster on mtu.edu

Comment

Apparently we're one of the best teams in tWCHA at getting guys into pro jobs without even playing a minute in college
      @#$% Calgary, Go Oilers Go

Your mom is so fat that the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10^8 m/s

Originally posted by Jon
      I'd much rather be in WI.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        If recent history is any indicator, no.

Our last sweep over SCSU was at home, 1/15~1/16, 1999. In fact, we also swept them in St. Cloud earlier that season, 11/13~11/14, 1998, marking our last wins against that program in the NHC.

This decade, our record against them is something like 2-26-2. If you want to sit there and tell me, "we're due", that's fine. I'll stick with history for now, which tells me we'll rack up another four losses.
        I wouldn't say that St. Cloud can already count on 8 points (though, Lord knows our guys probably will... we've got a bad rep for not showing up for some games against not stellar opponents), its the WCHA, anybody can win any game, but yeah... manure's calling for a sweep against a team that's had so much success against you guys of late.... that's not exactly realistic.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl View Post
        *****http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2390/173/66/6601573/n6601573_31849741_5530.jpg******
        HEY! I recognize that left elbow!
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          I wouldn't say that St. Cloud can already count on 8 points (though, Lord knows our guys probably will... we've got a bad rep for not showing up for some games against not stellar opponents), its the WCHA, anybody can win any game, but yeah... manure's calling for a sweep against a team that's had so much success against you guys of late.... that's not exactly realistic.
          I'd say you can more or less count on 6 of 8. Tech might earn 2, if they decide to actually show up for all three periods in a given game, or manage a couple of ties.

I have yet to witness a game against St. Cloud in which Tech doesn't just give up for a whole period or even two. Usually they come out groggy in the first, rack up some dumba55 penalties, and SCSU just smothers them.

Then, there was one game a couple years ago where they actually showed up for the first and either whiffed/missed all their good chances to score, or got stoned by Weslosky. A sophomore benchwarmer (Peckskamp) scored his first career goal in the dying seconds of the period and Tech just gave up.

Comment

Whats in the video? I can't see it at work.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Whats in the video? I can't see it at work.
              Jake Hauswirth saying how bad he feels for dumping us by the wayside for a real career
              @#$% Calgary, Go Oilers Go

Your mom is so fat that the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10^8 m/s

Originally posted by Jon
              I'd much rather be in WI.

Comment

Originally posted by Boosh View Post
                Jake Hauswirth saying how bad he feels for dumping us by the wayside for a real career
                Ok, I thought it might have been something new, like another recruit leaving. I suppose you could consider doing Ovechkin's laundry a real career.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I suppose you could consider doing Ovechkin's laundry a real career.
                  It is, just like Tech is a real D1 team. Either that or their exhibition schedule is awesome, I'm not really sure.

In the video, Hauswirth talked about his background a little bit, talked about continuing to improve in camp. Mentioned Tech very briefly, but pointed out that the school was disappointed but supportive. I realize it's not something that Tech fans are used to seeing, but this is a regular occurrence at other college hockey programs, especially the top teams of the WCHA.

BREAKING NEWS: CPZ still not going to Tech
                  Last edited by pyhtboss; 07-16-2009, 09:35 AM. Reason: thought of another funny one

Comment

Originally posted by pyhtboss View Post
                    It is, just like Tech is a real D1 team. Either that or their exhibition schedule is awesome, I'm not really sure.

In the video, Hauswirth talked about his background a little bit, talked about continuing to improve in camp. Mentioned Tech very briefly, but pointed out that the school was disappointed but supportive. I realize it's not something that Tech fans are used to seeing, but this is a regular occurrence at other college hockey programs, especially the top teams of the WCHA.

BREAKING NEWS: CPZ still not going to Tech
                    Yes but most of the top schools actually get some of these kids to come to their team at least for awhile...MTU has had its top recruit the last 2 seasons never play a minute...that is hard to deal with until we actually get one of these players on campus.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      Yes but most of the top schools actually get some of these kids to come to their team at least for awhile...MTU has had its top recruit the last 2 seasons never play a minute...that is hard to deal with until we actually get one of these players on campus.
                      Good point SG, but my one argument would be, forgoing an entire college career re-opens the full scholarship and roster spot. Going to school for one or two years and then bailing, uses up resources that could have gone to a 3- or 4-year player. I'd think it's easier for coaches to make up for the departure of a guy who never came on, rather that someone who was there and left early.

Comment

Originally posted by pyhtboss View Post
                        Good point SG, but my one argument would be, forgoing an entire college career re-opens the full scholarship and roster spot. Going to school for one or two years and then bailing, uses up resources that could have gone to a 3- or 4-year player. I'd think it's easier for coaches to make up for the departure of a guy who never came on, rather that someone who was there and left early.
                        I know for a fact that MTU never thought CPZ or Hauswirth were going to be 4 year players...its very hard for MTU to replace a quality recruit like either of them when they can't pass a test to get through the clearing house in time to report to school or sign the summer before you're suppose to report to school.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

At this point, getting a very good player for 2 years would be great for Tech. We have plenty of solid, role players that stay for 4 years, what we need is a superstar scorer that may only stay in school for a couple years.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

At this point, getting a very good player for 2 years would be great for Tech. We have plenty of solid, role players that stay for 4 years, what we need is a superstar scorer that may only stay in school for a couple years.
                            Do what we do; if you want goalscorers, find midgets, that way they don't have too many NHL squads drooling at the mouth to pull them out of collegiate hockey.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              Do what we do; if you want goalscorers, find midgets, that way they don't have too many NHL squads drooling at the mouth to pull them out of collegiate hockey.
                              I don't want to do anything that would be considered emulating you...

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                I don't want to do anything that would be considered emulating you...
                                Fair enough. Enjoy 9th this year... next year that'll be a much more difficult accomplishment for you to live up to.

Comment

Working...
                                X