Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: new/rented movies: DEVASTATOR!!!!!

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    If you could pick just one movie (be it film or documentary) to maximize the Blu Ray format (sound and visual, don't care about extras), what would your choice be?

The first one that comes to mind for me might be Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
    Probably the Omaha beach scene in Saving Private Ryan, even though it's disturbing enough on its own.
    "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

Not the whole movie, but the end of the original Highlander movie where the wall of ceiling to floor windows explodes behind him. To this day, that's still one of the coolest cinematic explosions of all time.

Otherwise, the original Star Wars would probably be the full-length feature I'd want first to take advantage of Blu-Ray.

Comment

I currently only own 1 Blu-Ray DVD. It happens to be The Dark Knight, which has some pretty good special effects that look nice in that format. Especially if your TV/DVD player have a true black color.

If I could have any movie in Blu-Ray it would probably be Empire Strikes Back. But it would have to be the remade one, because the original would look horrible in that format.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I would go for Band of Brothers or From the Earth to the Moon for Blue Ray. In terms of movies...I like the previously mentioned ones. Not sure what I would add.

Comment

If the King Kong prints can stand the conversion, there's your winner.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Dorf on Golf
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Adventureland: John Hughes' script meets Freddy Meyer.

Had potential, but JFC, it's a bad 80s movie that is simply passable at best.

The actors did okay (and Kristen Stewart is yummy) but the story was total cookie cutter, and it just doesn't work. Even for escapism and predictability it wasn't that enjoyable.

I don't really have much to say other than that. It MIGHT pass the Saturday Afternoon Killer test, but I think it's more prone to the "watch with your buddies while drinking, so you can rip everything and laugh" test.

I suppose if you want to simply waste time with a movie, this is your answer, but that's about it.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  (and Kristen Stewart is yummy)
                  Kristen Stewart is a dumb ***** who should be tied to cinder blocks and dumped in the middle of the ocean.

Edit
                  That wasn't harsh enough, give her a tank of air so she can gasp for breath as her lungs are quickly crushed.
                  Last edited by Foxton; 10-22-2009, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Don't really see the appeal of Kristen Stewart.

Don't feel as strongly against her as some people do.

Ashley Greene is the Twilight girl who is beautiful.
                    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
                      Kristen Stewart is a dumb ***** who should be tied to cinder blocks and dumped in the middle of the ocean.

Edit
                      That wasn't harsh enough, give her a tank of air so she can gasp for breath as her lungs are quickly crushed.
                      Wow. Who put sand in your vag?
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        Wow. Who put sand in your vag?
                        My sister has watched Twilight in my presence, does there need to be more of an explanation to hate her and that ****** bag mormpire?

Comment

My sister has watched Twilight in my presence, does there need to be more of an explanation to hate her and that ****** bag mormpire?
                          And you can't leave the room when the movie's playing why?

I just got a copy of Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. I've heard good things and I'm going to watch it this weekend.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

And I don't give two craps about Twilight. Doesn't change the fact that Kristen is dam good looking.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I refuse to leave the home to get away from the surround sound. BTW if you listen to just the audio of twilight with no visuals, you'll know true pain.

Comment

His house only has one room. Imagine the tension later that night when he was spooning with his sister, because he has to share a bed with her, and he thought of Kristen Stewart and popped wood. That is actually why he hates Kristen Stewart.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X